Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Colorado WRX 2019


413 replies to this topic

#1 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Joined: 04/23/2009
  • Location:Parker, CO
  • Handicap:9ish
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

This is an annual thread for Colorado residents. Feel free to post anything Colorado golf-related in this thread. For example...
  • Great deals on green fees or club memberships*
  • Recommendations for Colorado club fitters, swing coaches, etc.
  • Looking for a playing partner/golf league/club membership
  • Colorado golf course news/reviews
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing shorts and a t-shirt ... in January
  • How awesome it was golfing last weekend wearing snow gear ... in June
  • Accomplishing the Colorado duofecta of skiing and golfing on the same day
* For some odd reason, club was hyperlinked to somewhere. I didn't do that. I removed it, and hopefully it doesn't come back.

Edited by pseudoswede, 02 January 2019 - 10:53 AM.

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown


Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 brianhorne8

brianhorne8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282966
  • Joined: 11/05/2013
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

Too funny. Beat me to it by a mere few minutes.
Some clubs I hit from time to time.
WITB

2

#3 I_HATE_SNOW

I_HATE_SNOW

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47459
  • Joined: 01/29/2008
  • Location:Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 486

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

3

#4 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play  =)  

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all.  *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event.  Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them...  "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook -  I messed my swing up this summer"   :blink:

Edited by CDM, 01 January 2019 - 05:56 PM.


4

#5 stoneydukes

stoneydukes

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183484
  • Joined: 05/29/2012
  • Location:Mile High
  • Handicap:8-10
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:29 PM

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play  =)  

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all.  *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event.  Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them...  "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook -  I messed my swing up this summer"   :blink:

What driver did you end up with?

Ping G400 Kuro Kage XT60 S
Cobra F7 3-4 15.5* Fujikura 65S
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 Recoil 95 F4
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW NS Pro 1150GH S
Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
EvnRoll ER2

5

#6 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

View Poststoneydukes, on 01 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play  =)  

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all.  *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event.  Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them...  "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook -  I messed my swing up this summer"   :blink:

What driver did you end up with?

TS3.  I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago.  As soon as I hit the TS3  it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing.  I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed   =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change  the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found.  They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price",  I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at  65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock.  No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its damn cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once  OR   E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it.  The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.  

Edited by CDM, 02 January 2019 - 10:46 AM.


6

#7 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Joined: 04/23/2009
  • Location:Parker, CO
  • Handicap:9ish
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown


Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

7

#8 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:28 AM

Snow and below 0° temps to start the year, sunny and 60°+ by Friday and Saturday. Gotta love CO winter. I'm planning on playing at least 9 on Friday

8

#9 brianhorne8

brianhorne8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282966
  • Joined: 11/05/2013
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.
Some clubs I hit from time to time.
WITB

9

#10 brianhorne8

brianhorne8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282966
  • Joined: 11/05/2013
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 02 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

View Poststoneydukes, on 01 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play  =)  

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all.  *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event.  Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them...  "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook -  I messed my swing up this summer"   :blink:

What driver did you end up with?

TS3.  I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago.  As soon as I hit the TS3  it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing.  I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed   =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change  the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found.  They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price",  I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at  65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock.  No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its damn cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once  OR   E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it.  The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.  

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

Some clubs I hit from time to time.
WITB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Joined: 04/23/2009
  • Location:Parker, CO
  • Handicap:9ish
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:19 PM

I just found out that my daughter's gymnastics team is competing at The Broadmoor late afternoon on Super Bowl Sunday. That means driving down early on Saturday so the kids can go to the pool... and hopefully I can play 10 or 20 holes for free on their winter course. :)

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown


Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

11

#12 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Joined: 11/15/2016
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:3.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1269

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Edited by jacobEDGE, 02 January 2019 - 12:43 PM.


12

#13 Queso

Queso

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34918
  • Joined: 07/18/2007
  • Location:Loveland, Colorado
  • Handicap:~5
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostjacobEDGE, on 02 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

13

#14 Dancin

Dancin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432936
  • Joined: 07/17/2016
  • Location:Westminster, CO
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostQueso, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostjacobEDGE, on 02 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

14

#15 Queso

Queso

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34918
  • Joined: 07/18/2007
  • Location:Loveland, Colorado
  • Handicap:~5
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

View PostDancin, on 02 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

View PostQueso, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

View PostjacobEDGE, on 02 January 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

Take advantage of that Millennial Discount they offer!

Also, shoulder season rates can be had down there for around $30 or so. Just gotta play cart path only.

Is it walk-able? Cart path only doesn’t do anything but slow things down to one step short of a crawl IMO.

No. Lots of distance between many holes and big elevation changes. I don't think they would even let you walk and all rates include a cart

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha


15

#16 brianhorne8

brianhorne8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282966
  • Joined: 11/05/2013
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostQueso, on 02 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.
Some clubs I hit from time to time.
WITB

16

#17 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:05 PM

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

View Poststoneydukes, on 01 January 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

View PostCDM, on 01 January 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostI_HATE_SNOW, on 01 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Up to a blazing 17° now.  At least it is sunny and no wind.  Hard to believe I golfed on Sunday, supposed to get nice by Friday.  We try to get a round in every month.

Happy New Year everyone...!!! Hope this year brings your lowest scores ever.

SNOW... Its been COLD for sure!!! Been a way for a bit from golf with the family and personal projects but damn do I have that "itch" again to play  =)  

So far the new year has started off well golf wise. Wife and Family surprised me with a bunch of gift cards at PGA SS this year, I picked up a new driver after testing them all.  *It was supposed to be towards new irons but still really like my Apex Pros when compared to the new ones out.

Just booked 4D/4R for late Feburary with a friend. So get in some early rounds out state this year. *crazy cheap price FTR it was less then the driver by $100 and I did no shaft upgrades.

This year we really need to do the CO WRX event.  Maybe do two of them...one in April/May and one in Sept ??? Call them...  "Early Season Shank Fest" to " Damn Snap Hook -  I messed my swing up this summer"   :blink:

What driver did you end up with?

TS3.  I played the 905R, 910 and 915 up until I bought the Epic a few years ago.  As soon as I hit the TS3  it was like coming home =)

I struggled with the Epic until the end of 17'. Finally did a top fitting and bought a premium shaft that fits my swing.  I did the TS3 fitting at Club Champ but I never trust indoors honestly.. The Epic fitting I did in Phoenix at Cool Clubs.It was outside which I REALLY prefer,

The Tour AD DI paired up excellent with the TS3. There was one / two shafts that gave 2-5 yards more but at a cost of $360 upgrade.... I passed   =) Will just swap my current shaft over as they have not change  the adapter thank god.

I still had to order it though. Titleist actually has a lot of decent shafts at no upcharge turns out. You just have to look it up to know, the fitters don't seem to "toss it out there" I found.  They just seem to find an exotic shafts for the "high price",  I never told CC that I had the AD DI but I was interested in it, they jumped all over that.

EDIT: Reason I even ordered the driver is the Tensi Blue AV worked very very well but I at  65 grams not the 55 grams that is stock.  No up charge just wait time and why not... your paying for the shaft in the price anyway, plus its damn cold out LOL.

Titleist list shafts as AO=At Once  OR   E=Exotic (2-4 Weeks). I would say at least 40-50% of the shafts are AO which is nice if you can wait 7-10 days on ordering it.  The Diamana Blue + Limited is now an AO and no upcharge as it used to be an upcharge. Seems like Titleist is trying to match others in providing a better selections.  

Did you hit the Cortex? I did the other day and really got along with it. I also hit a used Z565 and it was so straight too.

I did hit both. Very nice and both felt really good but I did get better numbers from the TS3. I will note the TS3 really seems to have a different "0sound/feel" depending on the shaft you use. Same issue I had with the EPIC, hated the feel of the Fuji shafts though numbers where really good, put in the AD DI and it was night and day. TS3 seems to be just like that.  

The best driver numbers went to the TS2 honestly. It was just tad bit better overall with same shafts. I just could not get past the look of the head. If anyone is looking for long and straight hands down try the TS2.    M3/M4... like all TM's I cant get along with and not sure why.

17

#18 Dancin

Dancin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432936
  • Joined: 07/17/2016
  • Location:Westminster, CO
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostQueso, on 02 January 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

That’s what I figured...a long walk between homes is fine-it’s the elevation gains that make walking suck. That, and being out of shape haha

Yeah, CPO's a deal-breaker for me. The second I see that, I'm either getting on my feet or getting in the car and going home. I'll play in 50+mph winds and rain, but I'm not making pointless trips back and forth to the cart.

The other thing you have to watch with the Ridge at Castle Pines North in winter is they will open with half the fairway covered in snow on some holes. One time I was hitting to 30 foot wide strips on a couple holes.

18

#19 thaar

thaar

    Best 3-putter in town!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197314
  • Joined: 08/09/2012
  • Location:Centennial, CO
  • Handicap:Ugh
  • Ebay ID:thaar
GolfWRX Likes : 431

Posted 03 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

View Postbrianhorne8, on 02 January 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

View Postpseudoswede, on 02 January 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Ridge at Castle Pines sent out an e-mail earlier this week saying that they will really try to improve the bunkers this season. They said they would be adding sand to all bunkers in the spring and start working on drainage issues.

Unfortunately, it's expired now, but, if you can play regularly on weekdays, $3400 for their annual pass seems like a really good deal.

I saw that. Still have never played there since the price just seems too high for me most times I take a look.

They run specials on packs (4 or 5 rounds) a couple times a year, which ends up breaking down to less than $60/rd. You usually have to jump on it that day since they have limited supply on them, so you should sign up for their newsletter.
Huge thanks to Cobra and WRX!

Cobra F8+ 9.5* - Project X EvenFlow 65x
Cobra F8 3/4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra Utility 19.5* - Tensei Blue 80s
Cobra 3/4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Cobra King Wedges 50/54/58 versatile - AMT S400
Edel E-1

19

#20 seven dewey

seven dewey

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 181536
  • Joined: 05/17/2012
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Why is this snow not melting faster?

Fir those of you up north how is it looking?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Queso

Queso

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34918
  • Joined: 07/18/2007
  • Location:Loveland, Colorado
  • Handicap:~5
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

View Postseven dewey, on 03 January 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Why is this snow not melting faster?

Fir those of you up north how is it looking?

I’m in Loveland and I’d bet folks will be playing most of the courses up here tomorrow/this weekend - snow is pretty much gone here.

21

#22 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Joined: 04/23/2009
  • Location:Parker, CO
  • Handicap:9ish
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

My boss is skiing today and is planning to play where ever possible in Denver tomorrow.

Edited by pseudoswede, 03 January 2019 - 06:04 PM.

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown


Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

22

#23 Golfing Boiler

Golfing Boiler

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402482
  • Joined: 11/10/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

23

#24 CDM

CDM

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46064
  • Joined: 01/15/2008
  • Location:Denver, Co.
GolfWRX Likes : 477

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Anyone looking at Titleist driver... If you have an "exotic" shaft (Titleist words) / aftermarket shaft that IS listed on their approved shafts, they will NO LONGER put an adapter on it for you.  I got an email today from Titleist on this. A club pro I know who is sponsored by Titleist was sending my shaft in to have it done.

You have to buy the club with the shaft, or no deal and they still will not sell you an adapter separate.

So $500 for the driver, $360 for the shaft and then add in tax..... So 9 Bills all because of the adapter....???  

Just in case anyone is thinking of a Titleist Driver.  (I still have my 915 driver so I will pull that adapter OR Ebay )

24

#25 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

View Postseven dewey, on 03 January 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Why is this snow not melting faster?

Fir those of you up north how is it looking?
Got an email from Colorado National saying they will be open tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to play here in Westminster.


25

#26 brianhorne8

brianhorne8

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 282966
  • Joined: 11/05/2013
  • Location:Denver, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

I'm shocked. There's still a good amount of snow on the ground here in Cap Hill.
Some clubs I hit from time to time.
WITB

26

#27 Coupeguy23

Coupeguy23

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487396
  • Joined: 11/24/2017
  • Location:Aurora CO
  • Handicap:19.7
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 04 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

Happy New Year guys!

Getting a round in at Riverdale Dunes on Sunday at 11:17, looking forward to my first round of 2019 being better.

Would be interested in the COWRX event sounds like it would be a blast!
Current WITB
Driver - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
3W - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with  HZRDUS Handmade Red
4H - 2018 Callaway Rogue SZ with HZRDUS Handmade Black
Irons - Wilson C300 Forged with Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Stiff Shafts 4-G
Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 CB Wedges 54/58
Putter - Bettinardi Inovai 2.0

27

#28 pseudoswede

pseudoswede

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80998
  • Joined: 04/23/2009
  • Location:Parker, CO
  • Handicap:9ish
  • Ebay ID:pseudoswede
GolfWRX Likes : 453

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

Golf Galaxy is hosting a late-night fitting event for Callaway's new Epic Flash line next Thursday from 8:30-10:30pm. I might be interested in going. Lots of bars nearby, too....

"In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown


Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

28

#29 RobotDoctor

RobotDoctor

    Senior Hacker

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17087
  • Joined: 07/28/2006
  • Location:Northern Colorado
GolfWRX Likes : 1280

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

View PostGolfing Boiler, on 03 January 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago).  Looks like a nice day to play!!!
Taylormade M1 (2016 tour head) 9.9 degree Tensei Pro Orange 70g Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
-or-
Titleist AP2 716 (3-PW) TT S-300 AMT
Miura 52* GW KBS Tour stiff
Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips

29

#30 Golfing Boiler

Golfing Boiler

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402482
  • Joined: 11/10/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

View PostRobotDoctor, on 04 January 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostGolfing Boiler, on 03 January 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Up in Fort Collins thinking to get out for 9 sometime tomorrow, maybe a quick lunch round.

Where are you playing? I can't play due to a healing left thumb (kitchen knife accident a couple of weeks ago).  Looks like a nice day to play!!!

Heading to Collindale to play...I actually wanted an "easier" round at Mountain Vista but they didn't have any tee times I could make it to.

Been pushing drives out to the right so it may be a painful time in the trees at Collindale.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


    DaVinciGolf

GolfWRX Sponsors