Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Golf Course Logo on Apparel


79 replies to this topic

#31 shotmark

shotmark

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102090
  • Joined: 01/15/2010
  • Location:West Yorkshire, England.
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostLeoLeo99, on 29 December 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

View Postshotmark, on 29 December 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts.  It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.  

I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.  

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.  

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap.  They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album.  Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 KMeloney

KMeloney

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
  • Joined: 03/12/2007
  • Handicap:@ 7
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostBRS2014, on 28 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

2

#33 BRS2014

BRS2014

    Respect the game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495944
  • Joined: 03/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 31 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 28 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.
Much rather the shirt :)

3

#34 KMeloney

KMeloney

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
  • Joined: 03/12/2007
  • Handicap:@ 7
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 28 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.
Much rather the shirt :)

Not my phone's -- your phone's.

Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).

4

#35 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 29852

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

View Postaugustgolf, on 30 December 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

So...you'd wear a PGA logo shirt?

(Like I don't know the answer already)
You know the answer already like you stated but for the rest who don't know me---- Not no but :censored2: NO!!!! :swoon: :pimp:

Edited by BIG STU, 31 December 2018 - 11:19 AM.

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge S-400 DJ Special
Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Rusty as hell and lead taped
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Vokey 252 series 56* S-400 wedge
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

5

#36 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 29852

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:21 AM

View Postshotmark, on 31 December 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

View PostLeoLeo99, on 29 December 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

View Postshotmark, on 29 December 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts.  It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.  

I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.  

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.  

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap.  They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album.  Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.
Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described-------
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge S-400 DJ Special
Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Rusty as hell and lead taped
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Vokey 252 series 56* S-400 wedge
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

6

#37 just plain bill

just plain bill

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379434
  • Joined: 06/06/2015
  • Location:austin, tx
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:billharmonica
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:29 AM

if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...
i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.
but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.
driver: Nike Sasquatch 16*  
fwy: Ping K15 7wd 22* (from Japan) Taylormade M2  24*
hyb:   Ping G20:  31*
irons:    Ping Karsten  8,9, pw (ks 401 shafts sr flex)
wedges:   Ping G20 58* lob, 54* sw, 50* gap. senior graphite.
putter:      Odyssey Versa Jailbird
ball: Pinnacle Soft
bag:    Ping cart
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

chess:   "it's your turn.com"  -  just plain bill
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Play the shot you've got the greatest chance of playing well.
Play the shot that makes the next shot easy.  (Tommy Armour)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7

#38 duffer987

duffer987

    $1300+ for Cally irons?!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Joined: 09/03/2012
  • Location:Canadian in Texas
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 6979

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostBIG STU, on 31 December 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

View Postshotmark, on 31 December 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

View PostLeoLeo99, on 29 December 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

View Postshotmark, on 29 December 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

A bit like wearing a tour tee shirt of a band you've never seen.

Lots of younger folks wear concert shirts.  It's very cool to see folks wearing shirts from bands that stop touring years before they were born.  

I wear my Smiths shirts and I've never seen them in concert.  

On the other hand, I'll only put logo golf balls from courses I've played in the display case and only wine corks from bottles I've drank from in my cork collection.  

As far as shirts go, I buy golf apparel that are overruns from the guy at the local flea market for cheap.  They have all kinds of crazy courses or tournaments embroidering in them.

When I see people wearing Ramones tee's I make a point of asking their favourite album.  Usually I get blank looks but very occasionally it sparks a decent conversation.
Kinda like back in the day when I rode Harleys everyone and his brother had Harley shirts--- A lot of times if you asked one what they rode you would get the very same deer in the headlights look you described-------
And in the end it's just a shirt.
If I see someone walking around Austin with a YNWA shirt, I'm not going to go up to them and ask them who was worse/better Diao or Traore to try and catch them out.
Who cares and you just come across as some smug anorak.

Edited by duffer987, 31 December 2018 - 11:44 AM.


8

#39 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 29852

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge S-400 DJ Special
Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Rusty as hell and lead taped
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Vokey 252 series 56* S-400 wedge
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

9

#40 BRS2014

BRS2014

    Respect the game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495944
  • Joined: 03/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 28 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

I don't see the point. If you like the shirt, then you can probably find the shirt without the logo on it. If you love the logo, then go ahead and make it your phone's wallpaper so you can look at it constantly. Otherwise, with no connection to the place whatsoever, it makes no sense to me.

Making it your phones wallpaper makes 0 sense to me.
Much rather the shirt :)

Not my phone's -- your phone's.

Maybe you'll eventually explain your logic here (since you started a thread about it knowing the concept is odd).

Cheer up, it’s the holiday season! A slow time of year for golf for most.

I fully grasped your original response.

Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 duffer987

duffer987

    $1300+ for Cally irons?!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,839 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Joined: 09/03/2012
  • Location:Canadian in Texas
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 6979

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 31 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.
No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.

11

#42 KMeloney

KMeloney

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
  • Joined: 03/12/2007
  • Handicap:@ 7
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:18 PM

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?

I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.

12

#43 BRS2014

BRS2014

    Respect the game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495944
  • Joined: 03/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Making it your own personal phone wallpaper makes 0 sense to me. Better?

I'm simply wondering what your thinking is in pursuing an article of clothing with a logo on it of something with with you have no association/experience. You must have put SOME thought into it, or you wouldn't have started a thread about people's takes on it.

It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.

I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.

13

#44 KMeloney

KMeloney

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26608
  • Joined: 03/12/2007
  • Handicap:@ 7
GolfWRX Likes : 995

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.

I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.

Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.

Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?

With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.

14

#45 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 29852

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

View Postduffer987, on 31 December 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

View PostBIG STU, on 31 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.
No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.
I sorta figured that but wanted to make sure---- Because I am far from caring what someone wears or what clubs they play either

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Diamana Reg
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge S-400 DJ Special
Putter- 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Rusty as hell and lead taped
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Vokey 252 series 56* S-400 wedge
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

15

#46 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 8388

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:24 PM

View Postjust plain bill, on 31 December 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

if i wear a cowboys or longhorn shirt, everyone knows i'm not the 2nd string qb...
i won't wear a golf course logo unless i've played it. just my feeling about it. do what you like.
but i do ask people about courses if they wear the logo, just to see what the course was like, or where it's located, etc.

That’s how I feel personally.  And I’ll ask about a course if someone is wearing something from there. It certainly doesn’t bother me if they say they haven’t played it, I just like to talk golf with people and figure it’s a good conversation starter.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

16

#47 howellhandmade

howellhandmade

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240097
  • Joined: 03/22/2013
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 259

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:18 PM

View Postsoregongolfer, on 30 December 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 28 December 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Curious to get some takes on wearing golf course logos if you haven't played the course.

I love the National Golf Links logo and have my eye on something with their logo on it. Maybe one day I'll play it but I want the shirt.

My cheap buddy buys a lot of his shirts at second hand stores.  Many of those shirts have course logos on them.  Quite often somebody asks him about the course on his shirt and,  usually, brings up their favorite hole on the course.  My buddy lies to them and nods while they tell stories of playing the course.  I just sit there and smirk lol.

I tell them it was four bucks at the Red White & Blue thrift store, new with tags. Used car, used shirts, used clubs, used house. Never learned to be embarrassed about buying what I can afford.

17

#48 toc

toc

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263080
  • Joined: 07/10/2013
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 1849

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Who cares? My grandma used to collect those souvenir spoons from places she had visited.  I never thought to ask her if she ever just bought some randomly despite never visiting.  Hopefully grandma wasn’t a poseur.
Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool:  metal
Ball Marker: quarter
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

18

#49 BRS2014

BRS2014

    Respect the game

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 495944
  • Joined: 03/11/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:13 AM

View PostKMeloney, on 31 December 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

View PostBRS2014, on 31 December 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's a slow time of year, figured I would pose a question to drum up some different dialogue on this site.

I don't buy from courses that I haven't played often but I have in the past purchased another NGLA pullover because I liked the vest and it was a good deal.

Wait -- you've got more than one NGLA item of clothing and have never been? (This is getting even more interesting.) And it's really just because you love the logo? That's pretty wild.

Do you live in NY or anywhere near NGLA? Know anyone who's a member there?

With at least two jackets with their logo on it, you've got to get there. It's one of the wildest courses I've played. It's crazy and awesome. One of my favorites.

Real wild!

19

#50 mmckee02

mmckee02

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68884
  • Joined: 11/07/2008
  • Location:Philadelphia/NOVA
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:mpmckee02
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:10 PM

Personally, I need to have played it to wear the logo.  Eventually someone will notice it and ask about the course.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 cherokee8215

cherokee8215

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72469
  • Joined: 01/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 703

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

I have avoided this problem by being size Small in shirts, the pro shops at courses I've either played or haven't played usually never stock any.

21

#52 hooters714

hooters714

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 453256
  • Joined: 01/28/2017
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:7.6
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 01 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

I say if you like it wear it. I have a buddy that travels all over and he brings me back golf shirts and I gladly wear them because he bought for me and they are courses I will probably never get to play and when asked I tell that person I received the shirt as a present. I love golf but I am not a golf snob.

22

#53 Malvern

Malvern

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157075
  • Joined: 01/22/2012
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:10 PM

As usual the great man Billy Bragg was all over it

Here comes the future and you can't run from it


If you've got a blacklist I want to be on it


It's a mighty long way down rock 'n roll


From Top of the Pops to drawing the dole


If no one seems to understands


Start your own revolution, cut out the middleman


In a perfect world we'd all sing in tune


But this is reality so give me some room


So join the struggle while you may


The Revolution is just a logo shirt away



23

#54 Matt J

Matt J

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 11632

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.

24

#55 cb24

cb24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142533
  • Joined: 10/14/2011
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 617

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:20 PM

I love logo shirts when they are on liquidation.  I have a ton of Travis Matthews logo shirts I bought for $5-10  of courses I have never even heard.  Might be dumps, lol, but the logos are decent and the shirts are nice :)


25

#56 shotmark

shotmark

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102090
  • Joined: 01/15/2010
  • Location:West Yorkshire, England.
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

View Postduffer987, on 31 December 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

View PostBIG STU, on 31 December 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

Duff like I said in a previous post I really do not care what someone else wears------ Heck this is coming from a guy that has been known to go out with a PING visor and not a PING club in the bag. I remember one time I had a couple of Bobby Chan shirts ( remember those?) that had some club logo on them. Some tourist golfer asked if I had played that course? I told him naaaawww I had no idea where it even was that I got the shirts at Goodwill for $4 each. He looked shocked I just wandered off----- I did not know or care if he was shocked about me not knowing anything about the course of the fact I got 2 Bobby Chan shirts for $4 each.
No prob! I actually meant to grab the previous one without your reply in it.

That'll make me the smug anorak then?  Happy new year to you too.

26

#57 ponti33602

ponti33602

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499722
  • Joined: 04/20/2018
  • Location:Tampa
  • Handicap:1000
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 04 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

My own rule is i will never play with a course logo shirt when playing on that very course.  Do them same for road races too......don't wear the one from the race on that same race.
Ping ISI BeNi   3-LW
Ping Zing 3-SW
Ping Pal 4 BeCu (3)
Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
MannKrafted MA/66 SS
Machine M10 Adjuster Cu

27

#58 MarkAJones

MarkAJones

    Jonesy

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393504
  • Joined: 08/28/2015
  • Location:Westhoughton, UK
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:11 AM

Do people really care? Wear / use what makes you feel good.

Ping irons, TM driver and hybrids. Titleist bag. Srixon towel. Nike shoes and trousers, Footjoy and Ping layers, Proquip waterproofs, Mizuno brolly, Bridgestone balls, Galvin green winter gloves and a pair of old Dunlop mitts

That's how you could find me this weekend.

Anyone who bemoans, frowns upon or trick questions someone for wearing something with a logo that's from somewhere, or is mixed up with other logos, needs to get a life!
Hart Common Golf Club, Westhoughton, United Kingdom

WITB:


Driver:      
TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Stiff 10.5
Hybrid:      TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #2 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 15.5
Hybrid:      TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #3 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 18
Hybrid:      TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #4 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 22.5
Irons:         Ping i200 5 - PW AWT 2.0 Stiff Green dot +1inch
Wedge 1:  
Ping Glide 50 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1inch
Wedge 2:  
Ping Glide 54 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.25inch
Wedge 3:  
Ping Glide 58 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.50inch
Putter:       Ping Ketsch Cadence 375g

Gamer Ball: Bridgestone B330RXS

28

#59 ezpz

ezpz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153417
  • Joined: 01/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

View PostMatt J, on 01 January 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.

"Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.

29

#60 Matt J

Matt J

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
  • Joined: 09/17/2014
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 11632

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

View Postezpz, on 11 January 2019 - 05:29 AM, said:

View PostMatt J, on 01 January 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I wouldn't wear a shirt from a course I hadn't played, mostly because it's a conversation starter and that's not a convo I wan't to have.

"Received it as a gift" or "visited the course when they held a tournament" would both do fine. It's not like your walking around with a purple heart and have to explain your life story because someone asks how you got it.

Sure, perhaps I shouldn't have said "played" but rather that I have some connection.  I rarely visit courses and don't play them and even more rarely receive a shirt with a logo as a gift, so I don't really think about those things.  To each their own, you can order a shirt from just about any golf course on the planet over the internet.  You can probably buy Freemason apparel and rings, even Fraternity garments, or maybe a shirt from a Rotary club you don't belong to, or as mentioned a band who's music you don't listen to.  As stated, if someone walks up to me in the airport and says, "I see your Bandon Dunes shirt, or your Masters shirt, have you been?"  I want a natural smile to come over my face due to the fond memory and say, "yes, it's great."  Not, "no, I don't even know where it is, but what a cool logo?!?"  Once again to each their own, Do You.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors