Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Finding Bruce Rearick's blog has been like stepping into a goldmine

94 replies to this topic

#91 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 11827

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

View PostCwebb, on 08 February 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Was the "Head Speed" shaft in Nike putters?

I've got an Apollo junior flex steel iron shaft, that I'm thinking of testing in a putter

Head Speed was OEM shaft for the old Wilson Designed by Arnold Palmer 8802's.  They had a shaft band with two green mountain looking V's.

Here, it looks like this...

head_speed.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:16 AM

One thing I absolutely believe at this juncture:

If you find a fast horse, ride it until it falls over dead.

I thought having a custom putter built would be fun.  Screwed up all my mojo, goofing around with that crazy stick.

Ride, rider ride.  Get on that horse and ride.  I need to travel back in time where I had a few setups that were working for me.  For a few ridiculous reasons, now I only have one sled with the correct lie angle, length, weight, and a grip I like.  Too much experimentation has landed me free falling!  I'm prone to hyperbole, too - had 28 putts with 1 three putt yesterday, so the sky isn't falling.

#93 Cwebb

Cwebb

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
GolfWRX Likes : 1999

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:53 PM

View PostMatt J, on 09 February 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

One thing I absolutely believe at this juncture:

If you find a fast horse, ride it until it falls over dead.

I thought having a custom putter built would be fun.  Screwed up all my mojo, goofing around with that crazy stick.

Ride, rider ride.  Get on that horse and ride.  I need to travel back in time where I had a few setups that were working for me.  For a few ridiculous reasons, now I only have one sled with the correct lie angle, length, weight, and a grip I like.  Too much experimentation has landed me free falling!  I'm prone to hyperbole, too - had 28 putts with 1 three putt yesterday, so the sky isn't falling.

There's a couple constants that we learn over the years.  Among them, is never let go of a great fitting putter, fairway wood, or hybrid....no matter how "old" or "outdated" they might seem

#94 getitdaily

getitdaily

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 923

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

30 putts on 13 GIR today. Believe I'm fully over the hump. No worrying about path, just see line line and putt to the line. Even had 2 putts that stopped an inch from going in dead center.

#95 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,028 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

I goofed around with pulling putter grips for the first time.  Found that the inner diameter changed and was forced to build up the shaft to make the grip fit correctly.  Didn't account for the added weight and threw off the feel again.  Sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors