Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arcadia Bluffs - Michigan Golf

I am NOT a FAN in any way

37 replies to this topic

#31 mci711

mci711

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467000
  • Joined: 05/09/2017
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:49 PM

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've played there twice a year, every year since I moved to the state in about a decade ago.  The greens can be fast and challenging, but I would never call them unfair.  I think you can get yourself in some bad spots that might make you frustrated, but thats about the prior shot in my opinion.  Number 6, 9, and 10 all come to mind with putting yourself on the wrong side of a flag.

Now, if you just go to the short game area and look at that green, you will think somebody lost their mind, but I find the course to be nothing but fair.  

For what its worth, I would call their shoulder season rates the best deal in America, even with the 2019 rate going up to $100 (was $75 just a few years back).

Not to get off track. But Kiawah's winter deal 2 rounds, and hotel for $300 is the best deal in America.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 ChunkAndRun2

ChunkAndRun2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 517642
  • Joined: 12/04/2018
  • Location:Ypsilanti, MI
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:31 PM

 mci711, on 02 January 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've played there twice a year, every year since I moved to the state in about a decade ago.  The greens can be fast and challenging, but I would never call them unfair.  I think you can get yourself in some bad spots that might make you frustrated, but thats about the prior shot in my opinion.  Number 6, 9, and 10 all come to mind with putting yourself on the wrong side of a flag.

Now, if you just go to the short game area and look at that green, you will think somebody lost their mind, but I find the course to be nothing but fair.  

For what its worth, I would call their shoulder season rates the best deal in America, even with the 2019 rate going up to $100 (was $75 just a few years back).

Not to get off track. But Kiawah's winter deal 2 rounds, and hotel for $300 is the best deal in America.

Is that active now?  Im having a hard time finding it.  I've played Kiawah in October and the only reason I dont go back is because I can play Arcadia 4 times for the same price.  But if you have found Ocean Course for $300 including accommodations, you sir have won the game.
Driver -  Titleist 913 D2
3 Wood - Titleist 915
Driving Iron -  Mizuno MP 18 MCC
4-PW - Titleist 716 CB
Wedges - 50* 55* 60* Vokey SM7
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

2

#33 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:9.3
GolfWRX Likes : 376

Posted 02 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

 mci711, on 02 January 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've played there twice a year, every year since I moved to the state in about a decade ago.  The greens can be fast and challenging, but I would never call them unfair.  I think you can get yourself in some bad spots that might make you frustrated, but thats about the prior shot in my opinion.  Number 6, 9, and 10 all come to mind with putting yourself on the wrong side of a flag.

Now, if you just go to the short game area and look at that green, you will think somebody lost their mind, but I find the course to be nothing but fair.  

For what its worth, I would call their shoulder season rates the best deal in America, even with the 2019 rate going up to $100 (was $75 just a few years back).

Not to get off track. But Kiawah's winter deal 2 rounds, and hotel for $300 is the best deal in America.

Is that active now?  Im having a hard time finding it.  I've played Kiawah in October and the only reason I dont go back is because I can play Arcadia 4 times for the same price.  But if you have found Ocean Course for $300 including accommodations, you sir have won the game.

https://kiawahresort...gourmet-escape/

Expires in late February. Tee time alone is $280. So one hell of  deal!
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Odyssey Works Red #1W S

3

#34 ChunkAndRun2

ChunkAndRun2

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 517642
  • Joined: 12/04/2018
  • Location:Ypsilanti, MI
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

 krtgolfing, on 02 January 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

 mci711, on 02 January 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

 ChunkAndRun2, on 02 January 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

I've played there twice a year, every year since I moved to the state in about a decade ago.  The greens can be fast and challenging, but I would never call them unfair.  I think you can get yourself in some bad spots that might make you frustrated, but thats about the prior shot in my opinion.  Number 6, 9, and 10 all come to mind with putting yourself on the wrong side of a flag.

Now, if you just go to the short game area and look at that green, you will think somebody lost their mind, but I find the course to be nothing but fair.  

For what its worth, I would call their shoulder season rates the best deal in America, even with the 2019 rate going up to $100 (was $75 just a few years back).

Not to get off track. But Kiawah's winter deal 2 rounds, and hotel for $300 is the best deal in America.

Is that active now?  Im having a hard time finding it.  I've played Kiawah in October and the only reason I dont go back is because I can play Arcadia 4 times for the same price.  But if you have found Ocean Course for $300 including accommodations, you sir have won the game.

https://kiawahresort...gourmet-escape/

Expires in late February. Tee time alone is $280. So one hell of  deal!

Now I've got to convince my wife to go on an unexpected trip to South Carolina.  If she gets mad, can I blame you?
Driver -  Titleist 913 D2
3 Wood - Titleist 915
Driving Iron -  Mizuno MP 18 MCC
4-PW - Titleist 716 CB
Wedges - 50* 55* 60* Vokey SM7
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0

4

#35 ilikegolf26

ilikegolf26

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129603
  • Joined: 05/26/2011
  • Location:St. Petersburg, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 221

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

This is one of my favorite courses Iíve ever played.


5

#36 BG5

BG5

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223299
  • Joined: 01/22/2013
  • Location:Portage MI
GolfWRX Likes : 204

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

  • Arcadia Bluffs is one of the best courses in the country and should not be missed.  The views and overall quality of service are 5 stars and the course is playable as long as you play the correct set of tees.  Dont miss Arcadia Bluffs and make sure you play the South course as well....its amazing

Ping K15 Driver - 10.5*
Ping K15 3 Wood 16* & 5 Wood 19*
Ping Karsten Hybrids 19* 22* 25*
Ping Karsten Irons 6-PW
Ping Karsten Wedges 51* 55*
Ping Scottsdale Greyhawk TR Putter
WITB Link

6

#37 hybrid25

hybrid25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434860
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 763

Posted 03 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

 BG5, on 02 January 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

  • Arcadia Bluffs is one of the best courses in the country and should not be missed.  The views and overall quality of service are 5 stars and the course is playable as long as you play the correct set of tees.  Dont miss Arcadia Bluffs and make sure you play the South course as well....its amazing
Couldn't agree more. We played it in September on a 70* sunny calm day. What a treat, one that rivals anywhere in the world. The views were spectacular!

7

#38 JHR

JHR

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,791 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1089
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

The first time I played Arcadia I felt the same way as Kevin did. I felt the greens were too hopped up. I think they throw you off at first and they get in your head causing you to lose focus on the rest of the round worrying about putting. The second time I played it I knew what I had to do and I really enjoyed the round a lot more.

I felt exactly the same way about Shepherds Hollow after my first time playing it. I have since played it a dozen times and I really enjoy the course now. From my experience I tend to " really " like a course when you play well versus a course you play poorly at.

Arcadia is absolutely beautiful, A must play for anyone. You may just may have to give it a second or third chance to really appreciate what it is.

8



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors