Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tiger Inspired Kingston KP2

Kingston KP2 tiger custom

36 replies to this topic

#31 kfurno

kfurno

kfurno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492380
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

Thatís awesome? Looking forward to the full review!  Mine said it would be here by 8pm tonight but Iím not holding my breath that Iíll see it today :(. If theyíre true friends theyíll understand why youíre in the kitchen so much!

Taylormade 2016 M1
Nike Covert Tour 3wd
Adams Red Hybrid 18 degrees
Mizuno MP-18SC (4-7) MB (8-PW)
Vokey 52,56,60

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 kfurno

kfurno

kfurno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:00 PM

I just told Kyle that I wanted softening Tiger style.  He knew I like the old PING Anser 2 so he just did his thing from there.
Taylormade 2016 M1
Nike Covert Tour 3wd
Vokey 52,56,60

#33 kfurno

kfurno

kfurno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:53 AM

I just picked up the putter from USPS, and even after 20min on my putting mat inside, I can already tell itís an awesome putter!  Will try to get on grass soon.

Face milling:  The smooth face feels fantastic and has a great sound to it, exactly what I was looking for.  Feels pure when struck in the center but not overly penal on a mishit.  It has a solid, crisp, yet light impact just like the Anser 2 Iíve been trying to replicate.

Offset:  The less than full shaft offset and sightdot is perfect for me.  As mentioned I have a studio select, before all the inserts, and that has more offset and sets up totally different.  The Kingston has a much more streamlined look.

Weight:  initially I was concerned that 347g was going to be too heavy because I have the Scotty setup with 15g weights (350g) and to me it feels too heavy at 35Ē.  Iíve also heard that when people weigh Scotty heads they can come out heavier than expected, so who knows, every putter is different.  All this to say is that so far the balance feels perfect with the Kingston, not too heavy and not too light.

This putter is fantastic, couldnít be any happier and I 100% recommend!  Service and communication from Kyle was just as top notch as the putter itself!

Taylormade 2016 M1
Nike Covert Tour 3wd
Vokey 52,56,60

#34 kfurno

kfurno

kfurno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:36 AM

Bumping this thread, wanted to share this view.  So clean!

Attached Thumbnails

• putter.jpg

Taylormade 2016 M1
Nike Covert Tour 3wd
Vokey 52,56,60

#35 the bishop

the bishop

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
GolfWRX Likes : 2860

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

View Postkfurno, on 10 January 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Bumping this thread, wanted to share this view.  So clean!
That's beautiful!

Ping G400 - Tour 65 - S
Ping G400 14.5* - Tour 75 - S
B-Stone TourB XD-H 21/24 - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80
W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
W/S PMP Raw  52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S Infinite/Bucktown

#36 Hoolagn18

Hoolagn18

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 517252
  • Handicap:4
  • Ebay ID:Hoolagn
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

View Postkfurno, on 19 December 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

I've been searching for the perfect putter all year and decided it didn't yet exist from the big corporate manufacturers.  There were many aspects that I liked from each but no one company had exactly what I was looking for.  I fell in love with an old school stainless Ping Anser 2, just wish I didn't have to put so much lead tape on it.  The thin topline sets up well for me and the smooth face provides solid, but not harsh, feedback.  There is such a thing as 'too soft' when it comes to putting, in my opinion.   It's a pleasure to play with, and if only someone could make one for me with a few design tweaks...enter Kyle at Kingston Putters.

As mentioned, I like the Anser 2 look and have always liked Tiger’s putter (can you blame me, it's iconic!) so I ordered a Kingston KP2.  What attracted me to the KP2 was the thin topline, flat bumpers, clean sole, smooth face, and ability to customize alignment aids and other cosmetics.  I'm left eye dominant so the 3/8 offset and sight dot work well for me.  The head is 347g of German Stainless Steel, bent to my specs, coming with a 35" shaft and Ping blackout grip with three wraps of tape.  I've really come to like this grip, and not just because TW uses it.

I emailed Kyle about two weeks ago and have had numerous emails back and forth about my putter details, sending progress pics along the way.  He's quick to reply and more than happy to answer questions and provide feedback/guidance.  I can't believe it but it ships tomorrow!  Once it comes in, I'll head straight to course and provide a more thorough account of my experience.  

Kyle was tremendous to work with and I’ll definitely be a repeat customer, no reason to go anywhere else!
Great looking putter, I'll have to check Kingston putters out on the web.

#37 Zach Heusser

Zach Heusser

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 4,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77
  • Handicap:pro

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Very cool putter!  Congrats
Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course

Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018