Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Best Distance Irons for seniors

122 replies to this topic

#121 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 753

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:15 PM

OK, there's 2 glaring holes in the previous post(s). 1) If as a senior, your playing par 4's that are 400 or close to that, your playing the wrong tees and 2) Relying on finesse with an aged body is a recipe for giving the game up. Sure, everybody will enter into the distance lose game at some future time and space, but with the way equipment has advanced, you can certainly get on the plus side of the equation. Which would you rather have, a 40-60 yd shot into the green or a 10-15 pitch and run onto the green. Granted, both could fall under the finesse mantra, but logic should dictate one should be easier than the other. Now that's looking at that 400 yd par 4, but playing the right tee, hey your on in 2 and it's because of playing where you should be playing from and advanced equipment. I'm fully and sadly aware at age 75, that it ain't going out there like when I was 30, regardless of any equipment, but using what's become available to help has made the game fun again and put a little spring back in my step. So play the correct tees, let equipment help you (because it can), find the right ball for your swing speed.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 disco111

disco111

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386826
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 753

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=WwMfx5OuOxM

Happened upon this video and it was interesting. At one point during the fitting, he got an additional 17 yds over his current club. I don't know about you, but to me that's a lot of distance being picked up. On a side note, would really like to see BenRoss clubs here in the states.

#123 LONGBALL777

LONGBALL777

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456368
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

Have to suggest the Tour Edge Iron Woods. I think the most recent version is the Hot Launch 3. This is an all hybrid set that can be purchased very reasonably. Great clubs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors