Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

So Yeon's Commitment/Wedding Ring


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 onekday

onekday

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 517972
  • Joined: 12/10/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

In Korean culture a ring worn on the ring finger of either hand is considered a sign of commitment or marriage.  I've noticed SYR has been wearing a ring on the ring finger of her right hand.   Any idea what is going on?

M

Attached Thumbnails

  • so-yeon-ryu-61-injects-herself-into-race-for-no-1.jpg


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 rightslice

rightslice

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97666
  • Joined: 10/31/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:57 AM

Yeah, someone probably really wanted to take her off the market. Can't blame him.

2

#3 billh17

billh17

    just happy to play

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285934
  • Joined: 11/28/2013
  • Location:southern ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 9294

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

Ask Argonne69,  he will know
Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

3

#4 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 25205

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

View Postbillh17, on 10 December 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

Ask Argonne69,  he will know

Lol. Haven't heard anything.

4

#5 WestTex

WestTex

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 503860
  • Joined: 06/05/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the very same question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju.  She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare.  The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed.  Committed to my utter dominance of the LPGA.  All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie.  My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..."  Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!"  *

It was a spectacle I tell ya.

*Some or all of the events may or may not have taken place in the way described.  WestTex maintains full rights to this story of either fiction or non-fiction, dependent upon the humor of the reader.  All due respect is meant to So Yeon and her many legion of fans.

Edited by WestTex, 10 December 2018 - 03:34 PM.


5

#6 augustgolf

augustgolf

    Golf with dignity

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
  • Location:Coastal NC
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 4242

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostWestTex, on 10 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the same very question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju.  She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare.  The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed.  Commited to my utter dominance of the LPGA.  All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie.  My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..."  Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!"  *

It was a spectacle I tell ya.

*Some or all of the events may or may not have taken place in the way described.  WestTex maintains full rights to this story of either fiction or non-fiction, dependent upon the humor of the reader.  All due respect is meant to So Yeon and her many legion of fans.

1536149773126.jpg
Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

6

#7 WestTex

WestTex

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 503860
  • Joined: 06/05/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

View Postaugustgolf, on 10 December 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

View PostWestTex, on 10 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I actually had a chance to see her just a week ago and asked her the same very question;

We were at a restaurant and when I posed the question she immediately stopped eating, set her utensils down, and calmly took a sip of soju.  She then set the cup down, looked off into the distance with a 1,000 yard stare.  The house band started a soft, drama-filled solo piano riff, and her eyes misted over just a little as she whispered, "Why yes, I AM committed.  Commited to my utter dominance of the LPGA.  All will gawk at my extremely fashionable outfits and ability to wear them with little effort while making birdie after birdie.  My home fans will weep at not being able to call in rules violations yet even still, they will not need to, for there will only be one rule, the rule of SO YEON RYU..."  Then in unison the entire restaurant stopped eating to cry in unison, "FIGHTING!"  *

It was a spectacle I tell ya.

*Some or all of the events may or may not have taken place in the way described.  WestTex maintains full rights to this story of either fiction or non-fiction, dependent upon the humor of the reader.  All due respect is meant to So Yeon and her many legion of fans.

Yeah sorry, slow work day and it's the off-season so I needed to find something to keep me busy and out of trouble.

7

#8 Chris122

Chris122

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409580
  • Joined: 01/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 991

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:02 PM

Phew!

That's a relief.

For a moment I thought I'd missed out.......

8

#9 agolf1

agolf1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513934
  • Joined: 10/07/2018
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:35 AM

I hope So Yeon Ryu will have a good year in 2019.  She has always been one of the LPGA players I've liked to watch swing/hit the ball.

Unfortunately, she kind of blew the KPMG Women's PGA last year.  Even worse, she had out-played two of the other top young stars for 34 of 36 holes on the weekend.  Had she won, I think it would have changed how her record is viewed after basically being gifted the ANA in 2017.

I wonder how much longer she will play?  I would think that playing for Korea in the 2020 Olympics is a big deal for her, especially after just missing out in 2016.  I've never heard her say how long she wants to play but I wouldn't be surprised if it tapers off quickly after that (she will be 30 yrs old that summer).
Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
TaylorMade Rescue 25*, Aldila RE*AX S-Flex
Ping G25 6-PW, UW (50*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter

9

#10 AWinfortheAges

AWinfortheAges

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468490
  • Joined: 05/21/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 216

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

View Postagolf1, on 03 January 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

I hope So Yeon Ryu will have a good year in 2019.  She has always been one of the LPGA players I've liked to watch swing/hit the ball.

Unfortunately, she kind of blew the KPMG Women's PGA last year.  Even worse, she had out-played two of the other top young stars for 34 of 36 holes on the weekend.  Had she won, I think it would have changed how her record is viewed after basically being gifted the ANA in 2017.

I wonder how much longer she will play?  I would think that playing for Korea in the 2020 Olympics is a big deal for her, especially after just missing out in 2016.  I've never heard her say how long she wants to play but I wouldn't be surprised if it tapers off quickly after that (she will be 30 yrs old that summer).

I seem to recall an interview in 2017 So Yeon saying emphatically, "I love golf!" And she was wearing the shoes that said the same that season. It makes me think she will be around for some time.

Whatever happens, enjoy her and them all while they are playing.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 agolf1

agolf1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513934
  • Joined: 10/07/2018
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

 AWinfortheAges, on 03 January 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

 agolf1, on 03 January 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

I hope So Yeon Ryu will have a good year in 2019.  She has always been one of the LPGA players I've liked to watch swing/hit the ball.

Unfortunately, she kind of blew the KPMG Women's PGA last year.  Even worse, she had out-played two of the other top young stars for 34 of 36 holes on the weekend.  Had she won, I think it would have changed how her record is viewed after basically being gifted the ANA in 2017.

I wonder how much longer she will play?  I would think that playing for Korea in the 2020 Olympics is a big deal for her, especially after just missing out in 2016.  I've never heard her say how long she wants to play but I wouldn't be surprised if it tapers off quickly after that (she will be 30 yrs old that summer).

I seem to recall an interview in 2017 So Yeon saying emphatically, "I love golf!" And she was wearing the shoes that said the same that season. It makes me think she will be around for some time.

Whatever happens, enjoy her and them all while they are playing.
Article on GolfDigest on her.  Hope she can get another major!

https://www.golfdige...accomplish-lpga
Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
TaylorMade Rescue 25*, Aldila RE*AX S-Flex
Ping G25 6-PW, UW (50*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter

11



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors