Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rukket Hitting Net = Broken Window


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

Not the worst product for the price, but the durability leaves something to be desired.  It lasted about 9 months with medium use as I just blew out the second side of my Rukket hitting net (the first went a few months back).  The really sad thing is that I hit nothing longer than a 9 iron into it as I'm 6'3 and the ceiling is too low.

I should have known better after the first blow out and put a towel or old pillow case behind the stretched / frayed area - but I didn't.  Instead I left it to chance.

The net / SkyTrak / mat combo live in my garage where there's a tiny 8" x "8 window in my old garage doors.  The first time the ball hit the door.  This time I wasn't so lucky.

Ugh.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 grant2145

grant2145

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467370
  • Joined: 05/12/2017
  • Location:MN
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

High ball speed driver shots would probably do less harm to the net than high spin, low irons and wedges.  If a ball has any scuff marks it can be like taking a knife to the net the way a high spin ball rides up the net.

2

#3 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lol - probably didn't help that I use my "not fit for play" balls.  Every Pro V, AVX, etc. that hit's a tree or cart path goes in the practice bucket.  That said, many are just found premium balls in good shape as my dad is a marshal at a nice course.
Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

3

#4 MPStrat

MPStrat

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321019
  • Joined: 06/15/2014
  • Location:OH
GolfWRX Likes : 367

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

I’ve been through a lot of nets. Mostly garbage. I bought a Rukket net last year and it’s by far the sturdiest and most well constructed net I’ve ever used.

4

#5 ddetts

ddetts

    Ty Webb

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63197
  • Joined: 08/13/2008
  • Location:Sioux Falls, SD
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 398

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:56 PM

I've only had mine for a short period of time, but sure hoping this doesn't happen to me.

-----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
Mizuno MP-54 3-4 | MP 15 5-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Posted Image  Posted Image

5

#6 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:18 PM

I just bought a replacement net.  This time around I may reinforce the hitting area with something.  Maybe kevlar?
Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

6

#7 Rohlio

Rohlio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:22 PM

The net on my Rukket has lasted through thousands of balls drivers through wedges.

The red hemming material around the edge though does not last outside in the Phoenix sun... That being said the company is awesome. They have replaced it twice now due to sun damage.

7

#8 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

Glad to hear yours held up better.  If you look on Amazon, one of the negative reviews is for the same frayed netting.  I actually bought some ballistic nylon to place in the hitting area this time around.
Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

8

#9 Yrrdead

Yrrdead

    Better Living Through Chemistry

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290977
  • Joined: 01/09/2014
  • Location:Newman,CA
  • Handicap:8.9
  • Ebay ID:venekelos
GolfWRX Likes : 771

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:40 AM

Yeah all those types of nets and any net really will get smoked by high spin + old balls (cuts,frays, etc.).

Toughest net I've used so far ; https://www.parbuste...f-impact-panels

I have the 10x10 ultra. But that 3x3 ultra will definitely work for you.
Epic SZ (-1,N)
X2Hot 17* Hy
Protos 5-PW
MD3 52, PM 58
Metal X #7
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Yrrdead

9

#10 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Joined: 09/28/2017
  • Location:Midwest
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

View PostMysteryV, on 06 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Not the worst product for the price, but the durability leaves something to be desired.  It lasted about 9 months with medium use as I just blew out the second side of my Rukket hitting net (the first went a few months back).  The really sad thing is that I hit nothing longer than a 9 iron into it as I'm 6'3 and the ceiling is too low.

I should have known better after the first blow out and put a towel or old pillow case behind the stretched / frayed area - but I didn't.  Instead I left it to chance.

The net / SkyTrak / mat combo live in my garage where there's a tiny 8" x "8 window in my old garage doors.  The first time the ball hit the door.  This time I wasn't so lucky.

Ugh.

On the plus side you snipered an 8x8 window frame.  If they ever bring back The Brig Break you need to apply...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Joined: 09/17/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:10 AM



View PostMysteryV, on 06 December 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

I just bought a replacement net.  This time around I may reinforce the hitting area with something.  Maybe kevlar?

You may not have needed to buy one.  I busted through mine after 7 months and jokingly sent then an email with a picture of the net and the ball stuck in the drywall.  They sent me a free replacement.  I think my email was something along the lines of of asking them how I could hide this from my wife.

Ironically the ball had a local home remodeling company logo on it.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_20180728_101414168.jpg

Edited by jasonfish11, 07 December 2018 - 08:18 AM.


11

#12 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Joined: 09/17/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostMysteryV, on 06 December 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Glad to hear yours held up better.  If you look on Amazon, one of the negative reviews is for the same frayed netting.  I actually bought some ballistic nylon to place in the hitting area this time around.

Can you let me know what you did and where you got the nylon?  I'd be interested in reinforcement.

12

#13 smdykas

smdykas

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451598
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:seabassmd
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

I have the net return. It has lasted for years.

13

#14 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

View Postjasonfish11, on 07 December 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

View PostMysteryV, on 06 December 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Glad to hear yours held up better.  If you look on Amazon, one of the negative reviews is for the same frayed netting.  I actually bought some ballistic nylon to place in the hitting area this time around.

Can you let me know what you did and where you got the nylon?  I'd be interested in reinforcement.

I just bought a yard of ballistic nylon off Amazon for $13.  I'll try to remember to post pics and updates if it works well.
Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

14

#15 joker2

joker2

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 268878
  • Joined: 08/06/2013
  • Location:Earth
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

I'm just going to use a potted tree.
Trees always stop my balls out on the course.

Just say'in...

15

#16 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2859

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

I'm super conservative, I have two "impact panels" as my net and a 6x6' piece of duck cloth in front of that to prevent the net from spinning off my flightscope stickers

16

#17 MysteryV

MysteryV

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450612
  • Joined: 01/03/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

View PostKrt22, on 07 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm super conservative, I have two "impact panels" as my net and a 6x6' piece of duck cloth in front of that to prevent the net from spinning off my flightscope stickers

Link to impact panels?
Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo V
3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
Driving Iron: TM P790 2-Iron UDI w/ Modus 120
Irons: 4-P Miura Baby Blades w/ Modus 120
Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS

17

#18 cxx

cxx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142023
  • Joined: 10/10/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 815

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:32 PM

Most nets will fail at some point.  It's best to have a strip of sacrificial material in the normal impact zone to absorb the energy of the ball. Replace the strip when it gets worn.

18

#19 Krt22

Krt22

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 2859

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostMysteryV, on 07 December 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

View PostKrt22, on 07 December 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm super conservative, I have two "impact panels" as my net and a 6x6' piece of duck cloth in front of that to prevent the net from spinning off my flightscope stickers

Link to impact panels?

I bought them years ago but something like this

https://www.ebay.com...US!-1:rk:2:pf:0

19

#20 Shifty76

Shifty76

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200967
  • Joined: 08/31/2012
  • Location:PEI, Canada
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:54 PM

View PostMysteryV, on 06 December 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Not the worst product for the price, but the durability leaves something to be desired.  It lasted about 9 months with medium use as I just blew out the second side of my Rukket hitting net (the first went a few months back).  The really sad thing is that I hit nothing longer than a 9 iron into it as I'm 6'3 and the ceiling is too low.

I should have known better after the first blow out and put a towel or old pillow case behind the stretched / frayed area - but I didn't.  Instead I left it to chance.

The net / SkyTrak / mat combo live in my garage where there's a tiny 8" x "8 window in my old garage doors.  The first time the ball hit the door.  This time I wasn't so lucky.

Ugh.

The kids bought me a Hank Haney net a couple of years back. It didn't even last a month, and I'm far from a high swing speed golfer. Put a couple of holes in our garage door thanks to that piece of junk.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 larrybud

larrybud

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Joined: 10/31/2006
  • Location:Rochester Hills, MI
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4364

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:01 PM

Have you guys ever just tried a painting drop cloth?

21

#22 BrianMcG

BrianMcG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71565
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 2377

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

I have a Rukket Haak net. One of the problems, is that when you have the bottom of the net attached to the legs, the net is too tight, and it “blocks” the ball instead of catching it.

I hit into it unattached and you can tell it’s a lot less hard on the net.
Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

22

#23 Rohlio

Rohlio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

View PostBrianMcG, on 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have a Rukket Haak net. One of the problems, is that when you have the bottom of the net attached to the legs, the net is too tight, and it “blocks” the ball instead of catching it.

I hit into it unattached and you can tell it’s a lot less hard on the net.

But then it doesn't roll back to you. That is one of the best things about it.

23

#24 BrianMcG

BrianMcG

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71565
  • Joined: 12/30/2008
  • Location:Tennessee
GolfWRX Likes : 2377

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostRohlio, on 11 December 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostBrianMcG, on 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have a Rukket Haak net. One of the problems, is that when you have the bottom of the net attached to the legs, the net is too tight, and it "blocks" the ball instead of catching it.

I hit into it unattached and you can tell it's a lot less hard on the net.

But then it doesn't roll back to you. That is one of the best things about it.

Yes, I know having to reach over 2 feet is a chore, but It's worth it for me to keep using a net for years before needing to replace it.

But I have found if you hit more than one ball, that one ball will be trapped in the net, then the next one knocks it out and it come back to you.
Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

24

#25 Rohlio

Rohlio

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69345
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

View PostBrianMcG, on 11 December 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

View PostRohlio, on 11 December 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostBrianMcG, on 11 December 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I have a Rukket Haak net. One of the problems, is that when you have the bottom of the net attached to the legs, the net is too tight, and it "blocks" the ball instead of catching it.

I hit into it unattached and you can tell it's a lot less hard on the net.

But then it doesn't roll back to you. That is one of the best things about it.

Yes, I know having to reach over 2 feet is a chore, but It's worth it for me to keep using a net for years before needing to replace it.

But I have found if you hit more than one ball, that one ball will be trapped in the net, then the next one knocks it out and it come back to you.

Hahaha... I literally practice with one ball so I would have to get it out of the net. Honestly though Rukket has replaced my net free of charge twice now do to wear. Great company and I don't have to rake balls in!


25



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors