Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Real or Counterfeit?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amitchell894

amitchell894

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148913
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Just got a used Aldila RIP Beta off the bay.  When it came in, I saw there was no skull logo or "Aldila" markings - only the appropriate RIP logo.  I emailed Aldila, but haven't heard back...  I'm not out much on it, but want to let others know if they are inadvertently selling fakes or to avoid buying from someone selling fakes.  Pictures attached.  Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails

• thumbnail (1).jpg
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
  • thumbnail.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Zigzog

Zigzog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414066
  • Handicap:+0.3
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:03 PM

Did they make fakes of these, as far as anyone knows - would seem unlikely for me?

#3 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,960 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 6721

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:06 PM

You've done the best thing you can do by contacting Aldila but I will just say a few things.

1)  Aldila was never known for consistency in it's graphics.  Variations were quite frequent - especially when it comes to pre-aftermarket construction, prototypes, OEM variants, and tour variants or special requests, etc...

2) I wouldn't normally expect a true fake / knock-off to be so far off of the aftermarket graphics.  They are usually much better at duplicating graphics than that.

Edited by Stuart G., 06 December 2018 - 02:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors