Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Question about TEE

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Red4282

Red4282

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 516308
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:51 AM

So im really close on pulling the trigger on a new TEE fairway wood, but i have a general question about their products. Ive been out of the loop for the last ten years so TEE is relatively new to me.  Ive tried to do as much searching and researching as i can and im kind of shocked how this line of equipment almost gets ignored by the mainstream industry/media... is this just a $$$$ thing? I mean i can hardly find reviews on some of their stuff and even if i do its just kinda meh. Everyone on here raves about them and seems to have a cult following...someone please clue me in.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Bimmer1

Bimmer1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318201
GolfWRX Likes : 777

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

Iíve had a TEE hybrid or fairway wood in my by since the XCG7 models.  The EX9 and EX10 were great.  Iím also a fan of the CBX iron wood.  I still have an EX9 hybrid and a CBX iron wood in my bag.  The new EXS seems promising.

Edited by Bimmer1, 06 December 2018 - 10:38 PM.

#3 ChipNRun

ChipNRun

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253750
GolfWRX Likes : 293

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:07 PM

TE was founded by former tour pro David Glod circa 1986, and operates out of Batavia, IL in western Chicagoland. TE does its own club design, and has three main lines: the Exotics for competition golfers, the mid-level Hot Launches and the boxed set Bazookas.

I played pre-box Bazooka 3W and 5W from 2002 to 2009, and then played Exotics XRail 4W and 7W from 2013-2017 (XRails still hold a backup slot with me). At Thanksgiving, I switched to their Ex CB Pro Tungsten irons.

Several tour pros play Exotics and CBX FWs and hybrids, but these players have to buy the clubs. TE gives no sponsorships.

Go to a demo day and give them a try. https://golfgearweek...tour-edge-golf/

Edited by ChipNRun, 06 December 2018 - 11:08 PM.

What's In The Bag *...

Driver:  Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
  or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
Hybrid:  Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
Wedge:  Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +  
MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |   
Putter:   Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
Bag:   Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
Ball:    Calla SuperSoft
   * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
   ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.

#4 munichop

munichop

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 358993
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:19 AM

TEE make great fairway woods of that I am certain. I used their first generation driver for multiple years and it just got put in the bull pen by a cobra f6+.  I do not know about their hybrids, irons or other equipment. The fairway woods are as long as any I have hit and give a distinct thump feeling that no other clubs, including their driver, can match.  I think that is why they have such a devoted following.  They can be found for very reasonable prices on the used market. I just got a 3 and 4 wood for winter for way under $100 combined. For the money nothing comes close to the value these clubs provide.

#5 sirparalot

sirparalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122974
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:00 AM

TEE just seems to me as being what other golf companies are trying not to be.  The clubs are made well (lifetime guarantee), use high end materials and shafts, don't oversell their marketing hype, priced fairly,  and just plain work.  I have an E8 hybrid in my bag and its everything I said.  Simple  and good looking at setup, great shaft (Recoil), the ball goes consistent distance, can hit fades and draws and was fairly priced.  Its a go to club for me.

#6 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

Certified Blade Chump

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 5334

Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:31 AM

Red4282, on 06 December 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

So im really close on pulling the trigger on a new TEE fairway wood, but i have a general question about their products. Ive been out of the loop for the last ten years so TEE is relatively new to me. Ive tried to do as much searching and researching as i can and im kind of shocked how this line of equipment almost gets ignored by the mainstream industry/media... is this just a $$$$ thing? I mean i can hardly find reviews on some of their stuff and even if i do its just kinda meh. Everyone on here raves about them and seems to have a cult following...someone please clue me in.

Not sure I really need to chime in, but I will anyway.  :)

You hit upon it above, it's all about the money.  Golf rags are about advertising dollars, those who spend get buzz, those who do not generally don't.  Tour Edge doesn't spend a ton on marketing, doesn't pay endorsement money to pros.  That results in a lower profile.

Except among the golf nerd population.  Such as folks who visit here.  

Personally speaking, I have a couple TEE clubs, an XCG7 Beta driver and an E8 Beta 12*.  I had a chance to hit one at a local 2nd Swing shop, I was amazed at the forgiveness level (going by ballspeed loss on off center hits), as well as the low spin rate, which I really needed at the time.  After buying it, I found myself having trouble keeping the ball in the air, something I'd not encountered at that point.  I'd finally found a driver I couldn't spin enough, LOL.  The 12* was a driver replacement experiment, I found I hit it close to driver distance.  Yet I could hit it decently off the deck.

Another nice aspect are the shafts.  Prior to the E8 line, they used made for shafts that were only slightly dumbed down, so to speak.  With the E8, we started seeing real deal Rogue Black and Silver shafts, Diamanas, Kuro Kages, and so on, as stock shafts.  What's not to like about that?   :pimp:

And all with a lifetime warranty.
The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  Cobra King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5, 44.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
1 iron:  Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
SW:  Acer XB 58*, DGS300 tipped
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
(Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV
   will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
Shoes by True Linkswear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors