Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tried a New Drill That's Fun With the Irons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BeerPerHole

BeerPerHole

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459940
GolfWRX Likes : 544

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

I was listening to a golf podcast the other day where the interviewee mentioned he was told by Jason Day years ago of a certain drill Jason used to do. I tried it last night at the range and thought I'd share. Take an aligning rod and place it 10 paces out in front of you toward your target. I aligned it to the target. Then, hit irons so that you have the ball either pass 18" to the left of the rod and fade, or pass 18" to the right and draw. Seems pretty simple. It seems to help hone the iron play, to me. Try it out. The 18" sounds too precise, but it's just ballpark (especially for me).

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
20-year old Mizuno 5 Wood
Srixon Z Star XV & Snell MTB Black

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 PorscheFan

PorscheFan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483074
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 471

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:59 AM

Nice!  I think Cameron McCormick did something similar.

Personally, I don't think my ranges are friendly enough to let me walk 10 paces out to place an alignment rod.  I wish I could!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors