Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

2019 PGA Championship

33 replies to this topic

#31 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 12313

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:04 PM

View PostSantiago Golf, on 03 December 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Actually Valhalla is the emergency site for the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup in case the course is not in tournament condition.

The Masters to my knowledge has an emergency site as well from what i have heard

A couple more property acquisitions and they will be able to build the dome with retractable roof - only a matter of time.

"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Kjboisen

Kjboisen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447854
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:44 PM

View Postgrm24, on 02 December 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

View PostKjboisen, on 02 December 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

Bethpage Black is likely to be very very very wet come the PGA. Does the Tour have any alternative venue sites if the course and the forecast appear to be not ready for the championship?
The PGA Tour has nothing to do with where the PGA Championship is played. The PGA of America does. The last US Open at Bethpage in June of '09 was soaked with 5 days of rain and they still managed to finish it on Monday.

Learned something new today. Thanks!

#33 Kjboisen

Kjboisen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447854
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 03 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 03 December 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bethpage Black is likely to be very very very wet come the PGA.

Does the Tour have any alternative venue sites if the course and the forecast appear to be not ready for the championship? I am thinking about more than the course conditions.. I can imagine spectators walking through mud-trails and players complaining about the conditions. Its as if they all grew up playing PERFECT weather 363 days a year...   Not that a little rain could hurt but the tour is really soft when it comes to anything that involves a sprinkle of rain.  

Opinions or any news on "what if" scenarios? I have read several articles on the poor conditions of Bethpage leading up to these championship dates.

Doesn't know PGA of America runs it, seemingly ignorant of the 2009 U.S. Open (as ably pointed out already), "tour is really soft" about rain, lol, players all grew up playing in perfect weather (beyond ridiculous).  

The winter time "what silly things can I post about tournaments months away" run has begun.  

I know, the "tour" should move the PGA Championship to Dubai to "grow the game" and get some nice, dry weather.

Big yikes my guy sorry for not remembering it is handled by the PGA of America. I was not a huge follower of Golf in 2009, and was unaware Bethpage had a US Open in THOSE conditions

#34 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 12313

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

View PostKjboisen, on 03 December 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 03 December 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Bethpage Black is likely to be very very very wet come the PGA.

Does the Tour have any alternative venue sites if the course and the forecast appear to be not ready for the championship? I am thinking about more than the course conditions.. I can imagine spectators walking through mud-trails and players complaining about the conditions. Its as if they all grew up playing PERFECT weather 363 days a year...   Not that a little rain could hurt but the tour is really soft when it comes to anything that involves a sprinkle of rain.  

Opinions or any news on "what if" scenarios? I have read several articles on the poor conditions of Bethpage leading up to these championship dates.

Doesn't know PGA of America runs it, seemingly ignorant of the 2009 U.S. Open (as ably pointed out already), "tour is really soft" about rain, lol, players all grew up playing in perfect weather (beyond ridiculous).  

The winter time "what silly things can I post about tournaments months away" run has begun.  

I know, the "tour" should move the PGA Championship to Dubai to "grow the game" and get some nice, dry weather.

Big yikes my guy sorry for not remembering it is handled by the PGA of America. I was not a huge follower of Golf in 2009, and was unaware Bethpage had a US Open in THOSE conditions

So we're just down to the 180 day forecast as the basis for this thread? ;-)

Edited by Hawkeye77, 03 December 2018 - 10:03 PM.

"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors