Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Mallet putters without alignment aid?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 heatedwire

heatedwire

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446094
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:50 AM

So i've always putted with a blade.  Currently I use a Lajosi Sensor and am having a pretty good couple of years putting, however i'd like to try using a mallet as an experiment.

Much to my surprise, I'm struggling to find options in the #7 style (think this would suit my eye the most) or just about any other style from TM, Odyssey, Cleveland etc for mallets without any alignment lines or dots.
While I can see why they might help, I can't be the only one out there that prefers not to have any 'aid' when I look down at address?

Does anyone know of some mallets that are 'blank'?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 942

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:54 AM

Spider Tour, Toulon Garage models
Ping G400Max 10.5° Matrix HD-10X Silver Proto @43.75"
TM M2 DF 16.5° Diamana W 80X
Honma TW737 FWc 21° Vizard Type Z 70S
TaylorMade RSI UDI 3 Mitsu Tensei Pro White 90TX   
TaylorMade 2011 MC TxxxN "Onset" 4-PW DGS300
Callaway MackDaddy2 PM-Grind 53°/60° KBS Tour-V
Odyssey Versa Works 1W Arm-Lock

#3 MattUtah

MattUtah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499478
  • Handicap:12.8
  • Ebay ID:mitchell061
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:42 PM

While the Spider Tourís success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

I reallly, really wish Odyssey would make some naked 7s and other fang shapes. The jailbird is close but still has those 3 dots in a line milled in.

#4 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1288

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

View PostMattUtah, on 02 December 2018 - 12:42 PM, said:

While the Spider Tour's success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

I reallly, really wish Odyssey would make some naked 7s and other fang shapes. The jailbird is close but still has those 3 dots in a line milled in.

Have a Jailbreak Mini - could have a putter refinisher like BOS take out the sight dots - fill them in and paint to match.

I'm asking Evnroll not to paint the sightline.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H-5H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/PX LZ Tour 90 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●DF Reno

#5 heatedwire

heatedwire

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446094
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

View PostSwingMan, on 02 December 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

While the Spider Tour's success has mainly been attributed to the addition of the slant neck, I think the real reason it ended up being so effective for a lot of people was it forced them to aim perpendicularly with the face rather than linearly with a sight line. I never realized how off my aim was with sight lines until recently.

Have a Jailbreak Mini - could have a putter refinisher like BOS take out the sight dots - fill them in and paint to match.

Evnroll was probably my favourite putter but I couldn't handle the sight line.  Have they responded to you?  I'd purchase another one in a heartbeat - specially now they come in black!

#6 getitdaily

getitdaily

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 720

Posted 02 December 2018 - 06:14 PM

Ping tyne h is close.

Then there's custom stuff...like what I have spryevo working on..2ball fang without the 2ball alignment...

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181202_181543.jpg

Edited by getitdaily, 02 December 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#7 SwingMan

SwingMan

SwingMan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,693 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2726
  • Handicap:9.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1288

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:03 PM

View Postheatedwire, on 02 December 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

View PostSwingMan, on 02 December 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Evnroll was probably my favourite putter but I couldn't handle the sight line.  Have they responded to you?  I'd purchase another one in a heartbeat - specially now they come in black!

They don't all come in black - the ER5; the others in black are tour use only from what I've read/seen. I asked for a tour black version of the ER8 - no bueno.
"My swing is so bad, I look like a caveman killing his lunch" - Lee Trevino

Bag: Ping G400 Max/TPT Golf Series 17 ● Exotics EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd ● PXG 0317 4H-5H/Tensei CK Pro Red 70 ● Mizuno 919F 5-GW/PX LZ Tour 90 ● Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56ES, 60SS ●DF Reno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors