Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Rick Shiels - Wilson Staff Cortex Review

210 replies to this topic

#61 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 12188

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

uscgolfguy, on 01 December 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

Current pulse...

49 comments, 3,599 views and so far only one individual followed the directions despite everyone else going CrAzY �� about Rick Shiels....OH, and a few “clickbaits”!!!

Maybe we should start another thread titled “What’s Your Thoughts on Rick Shiels” just to see how far off tangent we can get and how many people we can upset???

Maybe we should have a Wilson Shootout...Triton vs. Cortex...The Ultimate Loser...

I wonder who started this thread?

Keeping track of stats for a thread you start and then touting them is, well I can't decide between weird or borderline creepy.

Edit:  creepy probably not, I'll just stick with a little weird, but have fun watching the clicks

I don't hold Shiels' success against him at all.  I'll admit I watch him a lot less than I used to, just not as much going on with his content last few months that is for me, but still keep tabs - seems like a good guy, has a great family, more power to him.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 01 December 2018 - 07:10 PM.

"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1152

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:10 PM

boggyman, on 01 December 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

radiman, on 01 December 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

boggyman, on 01 December 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

mrmikeac, on 01 December 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

I just think itís hilarious how much attention this club has been getting. If the M series drivers and the Flash were to be released right now, this thread would be on the bottom of the list. I wouldnít even worry about testing this club until the other OEMís release theirs in a couple of months, then go ahead and test them all against each other. For now, no sense in dropping $500 on a club that is "just as good"
AND when the other IEMs release theirs at $500, the same ones B....... now wonít say a word!!  I be I could get an old G15 from my  spare bags and itíll hold its own. I do own the Cortex and so far like it. As I said in an earlier post, it benched my Rogue that Iíll Hock for something else I really donít need but oh well.

You mean the OEM's that have demo heads available? With multiple shaft options to dial in? The same OEM's that have a track record of proven performance in the driver space?

Why is it so hard to fathom that Wilson has a huge perception issue to overcome?
Itís not hard to fathom they have a perception to overcome. Never said a word about that. All Iíll say is this, bar none their products are as good as anything out. Like it or not. They donít promise blind consumers 17 yards one year and then say, oh, these irons are another 10 yards per club longer the next. MAYBE you will get the point. Not trying by no means to start a pudding match.Itís well known that their marketing sucks. Yet they remain on a 2 year cycle unlike most with new products. Sure, they need more presence with their demo stuff and fitting carts. If people would , if available, just try their products maybe the light would be shed a little more. Enjoy the rest of your day.

I don't think the consumer owes it to Wilson to try their stuff. Wilson has to convince them to do so. But, I get that they are trying to keep any potential losses to a minimum. I guess that's where my issue is with their price point. They want top dollar for their product, but aren't willing to offer the same level of commitment to their product that other OEM's do.

But, neither here nor there. I am still eagerly awaiting reviews. It will have a lot better chance with some validation. Hopefully it gets some sort of tour presence too.
Callaway Epic 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag

#63 Double Gee

Double Gee

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31137
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

TollBros, on 01 December 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

He bags Wilson irons so I'm guessing there's some money changing hands with Wilson for some gentle reviews. As well as him being ON the informercial/TV show and collecting a nice check for that as well. He may very well love it, but he's got a lot of monatary incentive to as well.

Without any proof, that's bordering on slander.

The V6 irons are astounding..end of.

#64 boggyman

boggyman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
GolfWRX Likes : 695

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

radiman, on 01 December 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

boggyman, on 01 December 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

I just think itís hilarious how much attention this club has been getting. If the M series drivers and the Flash were to be released right now, this thread would be on the bottom of the list. I wouldnít even worry about testing this club until the other OEMís release theirs in a couple of months, then go ahead and test them all against each other. For now, no sense in dropping $500 on a club that is "just as good"
AND when the other IEMs release theirs at $500, the same ones B....... now wonít say a word!!  I be I could get an old G15 from my  spare bags and itíll hold its own. I do own the Cortex and so far like it. As I said in an earlier post, it benched my Rogue that Iíll Hock for something else I really donít need but oh well.

You mean the OEM's that have demo heads available? With multiple shaft options to dial in? The same OEM's that have a track record of proven performance in the driver space?

Why is it so hard to fathom that Wilson has a huge perception issue to overcome?
Itís not hard to fathom they have a perception to overcome. Never said a word about that. All Iíll say is this, bar none their products are as good as anything out. Like it or not. They donít promise blind consumers 17 yards one year and then say, oh, these irons are another 10 yards per club longer the next. MAYBE you will get the point. Not trying by no means to start a pudding match.Itís well known that their marketing sucks. Yet they remain on a 2 year cycle unlike most with new products. Sure, they need more presence with their demo stuff and fitting carts. If people would , if available, just try their products maybe the light would be shed a little more. Enjoy the rest of your day.

I don't think the consumer owes it to Wilson to try their stuff. Wilson has to convince them to do so. But, I get that they are trying to keep any potential losses to a minimum. I guess that's where my issue is with their price point. They want top dollar for their product, but aren't willing to offer the same level of commitment to their product that other OEM's do.

But, neither here nor there. I am still eagerly awaiting reviews. It will have a lot better chance with some validation. Hopefully it gets some sort of tour presence too.
Agreed that they need put some effort into their presence more in the States. Iíd like to see it get your presence as well. Woodland not getting a lot of coverage this week. Heís supposedly bagging one.

#65 MattyO1984

MattyO1984

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59978
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3171

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Double Gee, on 01 December 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

He bags Wilson irons so I'm guessing there's some money changing hands with Wilson for some gentle reviews. As well as him being ON the informercial/TV show and collecting a nice check for that as well. He may very well love it, but he's got a lot of monatary incentive to as well.

Good luck with that!

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1x

#66 mrmikeac

mrmikeac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481854
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Iím not saying W/S makes bad products lol itís hilarious how people jump straight to defending them when no shots were fired at all....its almost like theyíre the ones trying to reassure and convince themselves.
With that being said, W/S forgings are absolutely excellent. The C300 Forged irons are phenomenal as well as the V6, itís their woods that need serious help, sorry but this cortex isnít doing it.
Driver: Titleist TS2, Kuro Kage Black Dual Core 50 Stiff
3 Wood: Exotics CBX, HZRDUS Red 65 6.0
3 Hybrid: Mizuno CLK, Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB 85 Stiff
2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, HZRDUS Black 85 6.0
5-W: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
50 Degree: Mizuno S18, 8 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
54 Degree: Mizuno S18, 12 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
58 Degree: Mizuno S18, 8 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #9 34Ē
Ball: Taylormade TP5

#67 ago33

ago33

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 793

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:58 PM

I only watch rick for seeing how the forgiveness of clubs are. Heís spot on with that.
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................PX HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5
Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5........................Fuji Motre Speeder TS 8.2 X
Taylormade M1 2017 19h.............................TT DG AMT TI X100
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi MMC 4,5.......................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Vokey SM6 46, 52, 58M...............................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Vokey SM6 61M...........................................TT DG TI S400 +3/4
Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master

#68 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• 15,748 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:12 PM

Actually libel.  But it's not.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 01 December 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#69 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

Advanced

• 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Iím surprised there are no fitting carts for this release but on be other not so much. Imo they were betting on the show and buzz to send people to stores to just buy off the shelf and if the 8000 unit rumor is true they didnít want to waste heads and shafts that could be sold. Imo it doesnít help their brand perception when consumers go to get fit and thereís nothing available to try and has to be taped up

#70 Double Gee

Double Gee

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31137
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:06 PM

Hawkeye77, on 01 December 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

Sorry, you are correct as it's a written word, then libel is correct.

I said bordering on slander (libel) and that still stands. Not enough perhaps for court action but enough for Shiels to ask for an apology. It's a statement that certainly is untrue and shouldn't be said or written without actual evidentiary support.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456826
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:12 PM

Michael Newton...beat Shiels to the party...kinda like a Little Ricky Jr.,

https://youtu.be/vfwZQs9xKDk

#72 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:25 PM

Double Gee, on 01 December 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

I said bordering on slander (libel) and that still stands. Not enough perhaps for court action but enough for Shiels to ask for an apology. It's a statement that certainly is untrue and shouldn't be said or written without actual evidentiary support.

WTH is the deal here? Rick Shiels should come on here and demand an apology because a member said he's "guessing" he's financially motivated in his review? It is an online forum. Last I checked, people are free to discuss their opinions as they see fit. He didn't say that he knows that he's getting paid for a good review.

Am I taking crazy pills or are some people getting really defensive over any possible negative comment?
Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

#73 GoGoErky

GoGoErky

Advanced

• 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445702
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:01 PM

radiman, on 01 December 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

WTH is the deal here? Rick Shiels should come on here and demand an apology because a member said he's "guessing" he's financially motivated in his review? It is an online forum. Last I checked, people are free to discuss their opinions as they see fit. He didn't say that he knows that he's getting paid for a good review.

Am I taking crazy pills or are some people getting really defensive over any possible negative comment?

Thereís defintely some that donít like the negative comments about the brand and driver. Wondering if Wilson priced to high or saying they are a Walmart brand is considered hate

#74 billh17

billh17

just happy to play

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 285934
GolfWRX Likes : 8927

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:12 PM

Steel Dillo, on 29 November 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

uscgolfguy, on 29 November 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

P.S.  what else is there to talk about?  It's called "conversation" for a reason
The "conversation" was already going in the other thread. No need for this to even exist.

Click -baited you into posting in a thread you see no need to even exist.  Nice job OP !
I would be curious to hit the darn thing.  It has a lot of publicity,and I would like to try it just to see what its all about.
Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

#75 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:20 PM

billh17, on 01 December 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

Steel Dillo, on 29 November 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

uscgolfguy, on 29 November 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

P.S.  what else is there to talk about?  It's called "conversation" for a reason
The "conversation" was already going in the other thread. No need for this to even exist.

Click -baited you into posting in a thread you see no need to even exist.  Nice job OP !
I would be curious to hit the darn thing.  It has a lot of publicity,and I would like to try it just to see what its all about.

Thanks!!!!   However, I really thought it would be fun to see all the quotes and expressions, more so to see what individuals remember or perceive.  I also think that some of the online review guys are all the same and repetitive with their content and reviews.

#76 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:30 PM

radiman, on 01 December 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Rick Shiels would be “stupid” if he didn’t and wasn’t being compensated!!!   It’s not like he is doing any of this for charity ...  if he can build his “brand” and increase his compensation, good for him.  Free enterprise...consumers are entitled to have an opinion.

With that said, another famous Rick quote...

“I THINK THIS DRIVER LOOKS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING”

#77 nsxguy

nsxguy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Handicap:3.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1805

Posted 02 December 2018 - 12:02 AM

A statement that is certainly untrue ???

And how on earth would YOU know that ?

Rick Shiels is a "personality"; a public figure. Minor of course in the scheme of things but unless I'm mistaken it takes a hell of a lot more than saying the guy's getting paid for his opinion to rise to the level of slander/libel.

Have you ever watched Stephen Colbert ? Or heard Howard Stern ?

Edited by nsxguy, 02 December 2018 - 11:18 AM.

Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
Ping G20 5-P, DG S300

Titleist 816 AP-1 5-P+W2, DGS300
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* SW & 64* LW

Scotty Select Newport 2 (today)

Titleist AVX

#78 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Posted Image

#79 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:34 AM

Gary Gutful, on 02 December 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

81F01283-D7B7-444E-872A-02EA5B3C48B7.jpeg

#80 beluga99

beluga99

The secret ingredient is crime.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132921
  • Handicap:4.1
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:19 AM

Gary Gutful, on 02 December 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

They had a good run...

G400
917 F2
Anser 18 + 23
IE1 5-U
Glide 56, 60 ES
Odyssey

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 realitycheck

realitycheck

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76319
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:28 AM

I'm officially convinced the world has gone crazy!  I can't believe this is how people attack one another, SMH!!!!

WOW

#82 mrmikeac

mrmikeac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481854
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 02 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

Iím not attacking anyone, I just havenít seen a decent video come from Rick since the Carnoustie Par 10 Challenge. Maybe Iím being a little harsh on the guy, I mean honestly Iíve been watching him since pretty much day 1. Iíll lay off the guy I understand heís just trying to feed his family. I just hate what heís become, heís leaving behind what made him successful and jumping on the marketing bandwagon.
Driver: Titleist TS2, Kuro Kage Black Dual Core 50 Stiff
3 Wood: Exotics CBX, HZRDUS Red 65 6.0
3 Hybrid: Mizuno CLK, Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB 85 Stiff
2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, HZRDUS Black 85 6.0
5-W: Mizuno JPX 919 Tour, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
50 Degree: Mizuno S18, 8 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
54 Degree: Mizuno S18, 12 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
58 Degree: Mizuno S18, 8 Bounce, Gunmetal, Dynamic Gold S300
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #9 34Ē
Ball: Taylormade TP5

#83 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

Major Winner

• 3,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Handicap:4.9
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1470

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:41 AM

Every time  a new driver comes out, there are a group of haters that post their negativity.  It is not limited to the Cortex.  If you think so then you have not been around here long enough or do not care to do any research.  Twistface had some similar reactions, Titleist always gets beat up for a high price point for lagging behind in the tech department, Ping has gotten ripped for an ugly crown design... to say that the "big boys" are immune to the criticism is not even close to being accurate.  I don't know why you have an axe to grind regarding the Cortex but lighten up OP.  Their last DvD product was ugly, loud, and non conforming... forgive most of us for being skeptical about the new release from a company that asks random designers from the general public for help in designing a flagship product.  

With that said, it looks like a decent driver, I would love to try it out.  But I think the price tag has a lot of people turning cheek when they (Wilson Staff) haven't provided any sort of proof in the past that they belong in that price range.  

You have your opinion, others have theirs.  That's how it works.
Ping G400 8*
Taylormade M2 15*
Mizuno MPh4 3i
Ping S55 4-P
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/12
Taylormade Spider Tour red

#84 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Michael Newton - 2 Reviews

Rick Shiels - 0 Reviews

#85 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,536 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 3962

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

Nixhex524, on 02 December 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Every time  a new driver comes out, there are a group of haters that post their negativity.  It is not limited to the Cortex.  If you think so then you have not been around here long enough or do not care to do any research.  Twistface had some similar reactions, Titleist always gets beat up for a high price point for lagging behind in the tech department, Ping has gotten ripped for an ugly crown design... to say that the "big boys" are immune to the criticism is not even close to being accurate.  I don't know why you have an axe to grind regarding the Cortex but lighten up OP.  Their last DvD product was ugly, loud, and non conforming... forgive most of us for being skeptical about the new release from a company that asks random designers from the general public for help in designing a flagship product.  

With that said, it looks like a decent driver, I would love to try it out.  But I think the price tag has a lot of people turning cheek when they (Wilson Staff) haven't provided any sort of proof in the past that they belong in that price range.  

Great post!

#86 uscgolfguy

uscgolfguy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:44 PM

TheMoneyShot, on 02 December 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Great post!

Why are you telling me to “lighten up OP”?  I was...and am...trying to have fun and everyone else has taken this 180* from the intent which was to try and guess what Rick Shiels review would “say” and what the content may be like.  Certainly it is going to be split 50/50 given his role on the show as well as his “day job”.  His review of the Srixon Z785 made me want to go out and try it (as I have stated elsewhere) and the entire “marketing concept” by Wilson is new and unique.  

We are all talking about it, but how successful is it as it relates to product sales and converting consumers?  My $0.02 is that Wilson has taken a “social media” approach to improving their brand identity in the golf community, because they do not have the brand recognition, tour pros and other channels to be competitive with other companies who may be doing it better.  What percentage of sales is golf within the Wilson brand?They don’t have a Tiger Woods, their name doesn’t say Callaway and they are not known for golf equipment...tennis racquets and baseball gloves, YES, ...

Go back and look at the post and see how many guys/gals have actually replied with a quote or answered the questions posted?

#87 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• 15,748 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:02 PM

uscgolfguy, on 02 December 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

TheMoneyShot, on 02 December 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Great post!

Why are you telling me to “lighten up OP”?  I was...and am...trying to have fun and everyone else has taken this 180* from the intent which was to try and guess what Rick Shiels review would “say” and what the content may be like.  Certainly it is going to be split 50/50 given his role on the show as well as his “day job”.  His review of the Srixon Z785 made me want to go out and try it (as I have stated elsewhere) and the entire “marketing concept” by Wilson is new and unique.  

We are all talking about it, but how successful is it as it relates to product sales and converting consumers?  My $0.02 is that Wilson has taken a “social media” approach to improving their brand identity in the golf community, because they do not have the brand recognition, tour pros and other channels to be competitive with other companies who may be doing it better.  What percentage of sales is golf within the Wilson brand?They don’t have a Tiger Woods, their name doesn’t say Callaway and they are not known for golf equipment...tennis racquets and baseball gloves, YES, ...

Go back and look at the post and see how many guys/gals have actually replied with a quote or answered the questions posted?

Why? You'll be giving us another update on posts/looks/likes any time now, lol.

Just posted as if he'd already reviewed to get the clicks you are enjoying, and yes, take and invite some shots at the guy, and what the heck, if you enjoy that have at it I guess.

#88 getitdaily

getitdaily

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

Well Newton's review reiterates my thought that Wilson priced this driver incredibly too high. He basically hit it the same as he does all drivers dave for a bit of excess spin. Didn't watch the review where he toyed with adjustability.

Imagine if reviews came out saying this driver was as good as anything g out there and this driver, new, was $300 or even $350 retail...more people would buy it. Wilson seemed to forget that to steal significant market share it needed to be a bit of a loss leader...

Unless they simply had a target number of units to try to sell and that would be it. Basically trying to raise awareness of capability for their next driver. Idk what their strategy is here..

Edited by getitdaily, 02 December 2018 - 04:14 PM.

#89 Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374665
GolfWRX Likes : 797

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:00 PM

Rick Shiels quotes:

ďSmash that like buttonĒ

ďDonít forget to smash that like buttonĒ

ďRemember to smash that like buttonĒ

#90 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2018 - 05:11 PM

Gary Gutful, on 02 December 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Rick Shiels quotes:

ďSmash that like buttonĒ

ďDonít forget to smash that like buttonĒ

ďRemember to smash that like buttonĒ

I refuse to subscribe to his channel for that reason alone. If he asked me to press the subscribe button, I'd think about it.

Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

kmay__, joekelli

GolfWRX Sponsors