Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bandon Dunes Solstice 2019

Bandon Dunes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 penziol

penziol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 517260
  • Handicap:18
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:28 AM

Anyone else heading out to Bandon Dunes for their summer solstice event in June? This will be my first trip out there, excited for the experience and the opportunity to play those courses but I have a lot of work to do before we go. I need to get in much better shape physically before that day comes. It's a great motivator though.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 OregonHack

OregonHack

NW Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 485322
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:00 AM

Won't be there but am interested. Do you care to provide details that they provide on logistics, cost, what is provided? Thanks!

#3 penziol

penziol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:42 PM

Not a problem, those were definitely questions I had when I first heard about the trip that were a bit hard to find.
So far we have booked our reservations/spots in the event. The cost is $1485 per person. And that includes the 4 rounds and two nights at the resort. It's not till the middle of June but I can't wait to get out there and play/ experience the Oregon coast. Bandon is not the easiest place on earth to get to but the route we are planning on taking is to Fly from Chicago to Denver to Eugene. Then we will drive 2.5 hours or so to Bandon. There is an airport about 30 min from Bandon but the flights are expensive and fairly infrequent. I am actually looking forward to the drive from Eugene to the course, I hear it's really scenic.

#4 BDowning

BDowning

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222577
  • Ebay ID:bdowning86
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:43 PM

I'll be out there the last weekend of June. Coming from Jersey with a crew of 8. Very, very excited.

#5 mci711

mci711

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467000
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 245

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:13 PM

View Postpenziol, on 29 November 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Not a problem, those were definitely questions I had when I first heard about the trip that were a bit hard to find.
So far we have booked our reservations/spots in the event. The cost is $1485 per person. And that includes the 4 rounds and two nights at the resort. It's not till the middle of June but I can't wait to get out there and play/ experience the Oregon coast. Bandon is not the easiest place on earth to get to but the route we are planning on taking is to Fly from Chicago to Denver to Eugene. Then we will drive 2.5 hours or so to Bandon. There is an airport about 30 min from Bandon but the flights are expensive and fairly infrequent. I am actually looking forward to the drive from Eugene to the course, I hear it's really scenic.

I road a bike from Seattle to San Francisco. I stopped for a couple days at Bandon. The Oregon Coast is the most beautiful part of the country in my opinion. Especially coming from what I think is one of the most aesthetically unpleasing parts of the country (chicago). One day I will do the solstice event, it has always sounded like a great time. Enjoy golf heaven!

Edited by mci711, 29 November 2018 - 03:22 PM.

#6 spud3

spud3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119423
GolfWRX Likes : 955

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

FYI, a Search on this topic in the NW subforum will yield a ton of results and info, not only on the the Solstice event, but on Bandon Dunes in general
"take that, you miserable
little white swine!"

#7 OregonHack

OregonHack

NW Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

View Postpenziol, on 29 November 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. I have made many trips to Bandon but never for Solstice. The drive from Eugene will be great, especially that time of year. I would consider driving over to Florence, then up the coast if you have the time. It isn't too much longer than going up I5 20 miles and over.

#8 penziol

penziol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:19 PM

The route through Florence look much better since it hugs the coast for longer. Does anyone have any good restaurants or just plain cool places to stop along the way from Eugene to Bandon?

#9 spud3

spud3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119423
GolfWRX Likes : 955

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Search.  Bandon.  Northwest forum.

Happy reading.
"take that, you miserable
little white swine!"

#10 OregonHack

OregonHack

NW Golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:24 PM

View Postpenziol, on 30 November 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

The route through Florence look much better since it hugs the coast for longer. Does anyone have any good restaurants or just plain cool places to stop along the way from Eugene to Bandon?

I am not sure of any on the way. Coos Bay may have some options. I hear good things about a few places in Bandon, however, the town of Bandon is actually 5-10 past the resort.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Also tagged with Bandon Dunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors