Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PGA Tour Live Replaced with NBC Gold?


105 replies to this topic

#61 SirFuego

SirFuego

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466424
  • Joined: 05/05/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

May be cancelling my subscription. Really disappointed in the changes.  
  • As noted, when watching in the browser, you can't resize the video to match the browser.  That was something I loved to do with PGA Tour Live. I could have a small window while continuing to work.  Takes too much screen on my 21" iMac
  • On the iPad I could do PiP.  It would play in a small window as well allowing me to do other things.  Not the case anymore forcing me to watch.  That's a show stopper.
  • it's 2019, why are they using Flash???  No HTML5.

Well I may have jumped the gun.   Right now, you can stream on the iPad from Safari which will allow you to go PiP (hit the full screen button and then hit the home button).   So that means there is an HTML5/non-flash site available.

I'll play around with the User Agent settings on Safari on my iMac to see if can get it to low the mobile site and maybe we will have more size options...

Using Chrome in Windows, the video will get smaller if you zoom out of the webpage.  For that browser/OS, CTRL-mouse wheel or CTRL--/CTRL-+ will zoom in/out.  Probably similar or identical in Safari except you might need to use the COMMAND key instead of CTRL (edit: google tells me that Command and the plus/minus keys should zoom on Safari).  

So basically, zoom the page until you get the desired video size.  Then resize the window and adjust the scroll bars to the video.  Not as elegant as PGA Tour Live worked last year, but it only takes a few seconds to do.  

I ran into a lot of errors/bugs last year with PGA Tour Live in the browser and at least that all seems to work with NBC Sports Gold.  Native Chromecast support is a nice upgrade, although I had some issues with the Roku channel when trying to watch the recap last night.

Edited by SirFuego, 18 January 2019 - 12:30 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#62 jah7838

jah7838

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76786
  • Joined: 03/05/2009
  • Ebay ID:jah7838
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

I didn't have any issues with streaming on my computer at work yesterday, and today seems to be going ok.  I didn't try my iPad yet to see how that works.  I'll be trying that tomorrow morning while making breakfast.
WITB
Driver: 9.5* M3 Attas Elements MK 7s
Fairway: Cobra F6 Baffler set to 16* with Nventix Nunchuk
Hybrids: 19* Adams XTD Super Hybrid Black Tie 95g S / 18.5* RBZ Stage 2 S300, 23* Adams Super 9031 S300
Irons:  5-PW Fly Z+ DGTI S400
Wedges: 50*& 54* TM Milled Grind Standard Bounce, 58* Mid RTX 4.  All wedges have DGTI S400
Putter: Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can Finish

2

#63 achappy

achappy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
  • Location:Bowie, MD
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 18 January 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

May be cancelling my subscription. Really disappointed in the changes.  
  • As noted, when watching in the browser, you can't resize the video to match the browser.  That was something I loved to do with PGA Tour Live. I could have a small window while continuing to work.  Takes too much screen on my 21" iMac
  • On the iPad I could do PiP.  It would play in a small window as well allowing me to do other things.  Not the case anymore forcing me to watch.  That's a show stopper.
  • it's 2019, why are they using Flash???  No HTML5.

Well I may have jumped the gun.   Right now, you can stream on the iPad from Safari which will allow you to go PiP (hit the full screen button and then hit the home button).   So that means there is an HTML5/non-flash site available.

I'll play around with the User Agent settings on Safari on my iMac to see if can get it to low the mobile site and maybe we will have more size options...

Sure, it's possible, but why should you have to have to know how to do all of those things just to make it work the way you want? I dropped my subscription, in large part because of the fact that I had to do so much work to get it back to the experience that I wanted/had. Not worth the time and effort from me every time I want to use it.


I'm starting to agree. The more I try to use it the more it's a pain now. I use Safari and I have add blockers as well as Cross Site Tracking disabled.   Streaming won't work with any of those enabled.  I understand the need if it's free but I'm paying for the service.  Plus the iOS App requires that location be enabled for the app as well.

Nope, I'm done.
<searching>
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Ping Eye2+ 2I
Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 56*, 58*
Ping Zing 5bz

3

#64 MidwestGolfBum

MidwestGolfBum

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 304799
  • Joined: 03/31/2014
  • Location:MSN/MKE/DSM
GolfWRX Likes : 689

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 18 January 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

May be cancelling my subscription. Really disappointed in the changes.  
  • As noted, when watching in the browser, you can't resize the video to match the browser.  That was something I loved to do with PGA Tour Live. I could have a small window while continuing to work.  Takes too much screen on my 21" iMac
  • On the iPad I could do PiP.  It would play in a small window as well allowing me to do other things.  Not the case anymore forcing me to watch.  That's a show stopper.
  • it's 2019, why are they using Flash???  No HTML5.

Well I may have jumped the gun.   Right now, you can stream on the iPad from Safari which will allow you to go PiP (hit the full screen button and then hit the home button).   So that means there is an HTML5/non-flash site available.

I'll play around with the User Agent settings on Safari on my iMac to see if can get it to low the mobile site and maybe we will have more size options...

Sure, it's possible, but why should you have to have to know how to do all of those things just to make it work the way you want? I dropped my subscription, in large part because of the fact that I had to do so much work to get it back to the experience that I wanted/had. Not worth the time and effort from me every time I want to use it.


I'm starting to agree. The more I try to use it the more it's a pain now. I use Safari and I have add blockers as well as Cross Site Tracking disabled.   Streaming won't work with any of those enabled.  I understand the need if it's free but I'm paying for the service.  Plus the iOS App requires that location be enabled for the app as well.

Nope, I'm done.

Exactly! Paying for a service shouldn't mean I have to disable any or all of my addons to reduce annoying things on other sites. When they do, I start to question things more.

I hate having to use streaming apps that require my location. That just tells me that they will black it out if I happen to be in a location they don't like me being in. I travel often enough that this has been an issue in the past and avoid it as much as possible now.
Titleist TS3 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
Titleist 917F3 15* Graphite Design AD-DI 7X black
Titleist T-MB 2i Graphite Design AD-95X Utility/Driving iron
Titleist 714 MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100 or Cally RazrX MB 4-9 True Temper TI X100
Vokey SM5, 52.08, 56.10, 60.08 True Temper TI S400
Byron DH89 or Piretti Proto

The bag is always a work in progress.

4

#65 CStephenson17

CStephenson17

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309253
  • Joined: 04/17/2014
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 317

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

I keep it on mobile at my desk. The best part is every time I relaunch the screen, the PGA Tour anthem doesnt blast in my face like the old app use to do. I hated that! Lol


5

#66 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6307

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 18 January 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostMidwestGolfBum, on 18 January 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

View Postachappy, on 18 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

May be cancelling my subscription. Really disappointed in the changes.  
  • As noted, when watching in the browser, you can't resize the video to match the browser.  That was something I loved to do with PGA Tour Live. I could have a small window while continuing to work.  Takes too much screen on my 21" iMac
  • On the iPad I could do PiP.  It would play in a small window as well allowing me to do other things.  Not the case anymore forcing me to watch.  That's a show stopper.
  • it's 2019, why are they using Flash???  No HTML5.

Well I may have jumped the gun.   Right now, you can stream on the iPad from Safari which will allow you to go PiP (hit the full screen button and then hit the home button).   So that means there is an HTML5/non-flash site available.

I'll play around with the User Agent settings on Safari on my iMac to see if can get it to low the mobile site and maybe we will have more size options...

Sure, it's possible, but why should you have to have to know how to do all of those things just to make it work the way you want? I dropped my subscription, in large part because of the fact that I had to do so much work to get it back to the experience that I wanted/had. Not worth the time and effort from me every time I want to use it.


I'm starting to agree. The more I try to use it the more it's a pain now. I use Safari and I have add blockers as well as Cross Site Tracking disabled.   Streaming won't work with any of those enabled.  I understand the need if it's free but I'm paying for the service.  Plus the iOS App requires that location be enabled for the app as well.

Nope, I'm done.

Exactly! Paying for a service shouldn't mean I have to disable any or all of my addons to reduce annoying things on other sites. When they do, I start to question things more.

I hate having to use streaming apps that require my location. That just tells me that they will black it out if I happen to be in a location they don't like me being in. I travel often enough that this has been an issue in the past and avoid it as much as possible now.

They will never black you out as a subscriber.  They want your location for advertising.  You are worth much more to an advertiser if they know where you are.

Big brother is watching all the time.....in more ways than one.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

6

#67 c7015

c7015

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 234573
  • Joined: 03/05/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

I used tto VPN to get the simulcast, I don't think that is going to be an option for me anymore.

but I enjoy them being back in action, can't wait for Next week!
915 D3 Rip Phenom 70g (S Flex)
913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
712 U 4 Iron | 714 AP2 5 Iron
714cb  6-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
SC Newport 2.5

7

#68 puttfordoux

puttfordoux

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 494520
  • Joined: 02/24/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 226

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

Watching it at home on TV using Roku, the coverage seems to be more comprehensive than it has ever been with multiple feature groups both morning and afternoon, and no lagging or buffering like with Chromecast. Bit the bullet and paid the $49.99 now instead of the $69.99 later, or $9.99/month later. More than the $5.99/month with ESPN+, but the increased coverage justifies the increased cost for me. And I still use ESPN+ to watch regional football and basketball games.

8

#69 Lagavulin62

Lagavulin62

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445162
  • Joined: 10/30/2016
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 702

Posted 20 January 2019 - 03:27 PM

I just found out about this. I have never paid for the service but I liked it for the news, scores, etc. It looks like there is no free option for the NBC app.  Is this correct? Do I need to just delete the old app? What a disappointment. No way I will pay but I thought the old app was pretty useful as a free PGA info app.

9

#70 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 591

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

I like it!  Great coverage on Amazon Prime

I like watching the pros warm up too

Edited by BB28403, 28 January 2019 - 01:41 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#71 rwc356

rwc356

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

I really hate the transition from PGA Tour Live to NBC Gold. I subscribed to PGA Tour Live and had few technical issues. Renewed this year with NBC Gold and have had constant technical issues. I can watch Golf Channel streaming live via my wifi or via cellular service on my phone - but can only watch NBC Gold streaming via cellular on my phone. Can't get it to work on my wifi - even though I can stream Netflix, Showtime, NBC regular TV shows, etc.

I spent several hours with NBC Gold technical people and once they confirmed I could watch it on my cell phone via cellular service - they said problem was clearly with ISP provider - even though I could watch all other streaming media via Wifi. At this point, I just about ready to ditch the service!
Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

11

#72 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6307

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postrwc356, on 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I really hate the transition from PGA Tour Live to NBC Gold. I subscribed to PGA Tour Live and had few technical issues. Renewed this year with NBC Gold and have had constant technical issues. I can watch Golf Channel streaming live via my wifi or via cellular service on my phone - but can only watch NBC Gold streaming via cellular on my phone. Can't get it to work on my wifi - even though I can stream Netflix, Showtime, NBC regular TV shows, etc.

I spent several hours with NBC Gold technical people and once they confirmed I could watch it on my cell phone via cellular service - they said problem was clearly with ISP provider - even though I could watch all other streaming media via Wifi. At this point, I just about ready to ditch the service!

Weird.  I get it on phone, iPad, and  Apple TV just fine.  I Havenít tried the computer yet.


Edit...for those that are still confused, PGA Tour live is now being CARRIED by NBCSports gold.  It didnít go away, you just canít receive it using the old app from last year.

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 10 February 2019 - 12:51 PM.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

12

#73 rwc356

rwc356

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 10 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

View Postrwc356, on 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I really hate the transition from PGA Tour Live to NBC Gold. I subscribed to PGA Tour Live and had few technical issues. Renewed this year with NBC Gold and have had constant technical issues. I can watch Golf Channel streaming live via my wifi or via cellular service on my phone - but can only watch NBC Gold streaming via cellular on my phone. Can't get it to work on my wifi - even though I can stream Netflix, Showtime, NBC regular TV shows, etc.

I spent several hours with NBC Gold technical people and once they confirmed I could watch it on my cell phone via cellular service - they said problem was clearly with ISP provider - even though I could watch all other streaming media via Wifi. At this point, I just about ready to ditch the service!

Weird.  I get it on phone, iPad, and  Apple TV just fine.  I Haven't tried the computer yet.


Edit...for those that are still confused, PGA Tour live is now being CARRIED by NBCSports gold.  It didn't go away, you just can't receive it using the old app from last year.


I got it just fine on all platforms before NBCSports Gold came into he picture. I paid my renewal fee, was able to watch first few rounds - then dead. Oh well, I was probably spending too much time watching golf.
Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

13

#74 achappy

achappy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
  • Location:Bowie, MD
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:19 PM

I'm glad that I got the refund from NBC Sports Gold and picked it up on Amazon.  Amazon Prime Video is a much better platform.
  • Website allows you to resize the window to make it as small/large as you want.
  • iPad supports Picture in Picture.  So I can browse GolfWRX while having a small window open.   Feed is clean and free of adds.
  • Amazon Prime app is available on all of my Roku TVs as well as built into the Xfinity X1 box.

<searching>
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Ping Eye2+ 2I
Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 56*, 58*
Ping Zing 5bz

14

#75 rwc356

rwc356

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29907
  • Joined: 05/27/2007
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

View Postachappy, on 10 February 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm glad that I got the refund from NBC Sports Gold and picked it up on Amazon.  Amazon Prime Video is a much better platform.
  • Website allows you to resize the window to make it as small/large as you want.
  • iPad supports Picture in Picture.  So I can browse GolfWRX while having a small window open.   Feed is clean and free of adds.
  • Amazon Prime app is available on all of my Roku TVs as well as built into the Xfinity X1 box.

Amazon Prime might be an idea worth checking - already use it for other streams.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag

15

#76 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6307

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

View Postrwc356, on 10 February 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 10 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

View Postrwc356, on 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I really hate the transition from PGA Tour Live to NBC Gold. I subscribed to PGA Tour Live and had few technical issues. Renewed this year with NBC Gold and have had constant technical issues. I can watch Golf Channel streaming live via my wifi or via cellular service on my phone - but can only watch NBC Gold streaming via cellular on my phone. Can't get it to work on my wifi - even though I can stream Netflix, Showtime, NBC regular TV shows, etc.

I spent several hours with NBC Gold technical people and once they confirmed I could watch it on my cell phone via cellular service - they said problem was clearly with ISP provider - even though I could watch all other streaming media via Wifi. At this point, I just about ready to ditch the service!

Weird.  I get it on phone, iPad, and  Apple TV just fine.  I Haven't tried the computer yet.


Edit...for those that are still confused, PGA Tour live is now being CARRIED by NBCSports gold.  It didn't go away, you just can't receive it using the old app from last year.


I got it just fine on all platforms before NBCSports Gold came into he picture. I paid my renewal fee, was able to watch first few rounds - then dead. Oh well, I was probably spending too much time watching golf.

If you paid the renewal fee to PGA tour live you should get a refund and then you must specifically sign up with NBC sports gold.  

I signed up with Gold the first week of January and I got a refund issued to me for the  PGA tour Live App from Apple a couple weeks later.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

16

#77 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 591

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:53 PM

View Postrwc356, on 10 February 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I really hate the transition from PGA Tour Live to NBC Gold. I subscribed to PGA Tour Live and had few technical issues. Renewed this year with NBC Gold and have had constant technical issues. I can watch Golf Channel streaming live via my wifi or via cellular service on my phone - but can only watch NBC Gold streaming via cellular on my phone. Can't get it to work on my wifi - even though I can stream Netflix, Showtime, NBC regular TV shows, etc.

I spent several hours with NBC Gold technical people and once they confirmed I could watch it on my cell phone via cellular service - they said problem was clearly with ISP provider - even though I could watch all other streaming media via Wifi. At this point, I just about ready to ditch the service!

You can get it thru Amazon Prime Video.  I have had no problems
And they do these speed rounds thing where they show you about 30 players whole round in a few minutes .

17

#78 Jackhammer993

Jackhammer993

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120424
  • Joined: 01/12/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:22 AM

I really enjoy this service. I had PGA live last year and this year it is even better with extra coverage. The featured groups are usually players Iím interested in and the announcers seem more golf focused than on the regular broadcasts. If your not sure just do the monthly for $9.99 or watch the twitter broadcasts for free to see the format.

18

#79 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2730

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

for Those with a Roku....how do you watch tournaments on CBS? Do you have pay for CBS Sports HQ?
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

19

#80 Holy Moses

Holy Moses

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180764
  • Joined: 05/14/2012
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 4524

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Watched a few rounds of this on the Golf Channel. Not sure if they donít have the cameras that they normally would, but the camera angles and shots are terrible. Player hits shot, camera stays on his swing, and we have no idea where the ball is.

Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#81 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    King and The Chairman of the Board

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 16,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 13456

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Watching again this morning, it's great.  Camera angles are fine and protracer in use quite a bit so impossible not to follow where the ball is.  

Maybe the weather was a factor with visibility or some limitations - no idea.

But this morning really couldn't be better, and again, they are streaming for free for quite awhile before it goes exclusively to the "pay for".

I'm using Amazon Prime, but it's the same feed, and I think it is superior to what they had last year (that I canceled).

21

#82 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    King and The Chairman of the Board

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 16,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 13456

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

My only gripe is I get incredible quality on my iPhone. They want to push you to Google Chrome which I wonít do, so the quality on my MacBook Pro is not what it should be.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 16 February 2019 - 10:26 AM.


22

#83 achappy

achappy

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7129
  • Joined: 10/26/2005
  • Location:Bowie, MD
  • Ebay ID:achappy
GolfWRX Likes : 145

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostHawkeye77, on 16 February 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

My only gripe is I get incredible quality on my iPhone. They want to push you to Google Chrome which I won’t do, so the quality on my MacBook Pro is not what it should be.

Are you on NBC Gold?  I’m on Amazon Prime and the feed is great in Safari. Actually, as I mentioned earlier Amazon Prime is far better than NBC Gold. If I were restricted to NBC I wouldn’t watch.
<searching>
Mizuno MP-650 Speeder VC 8.0s
Ping Eye2+ 2I
Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 56*, 58*
Ping Zing 5bz

23

#84 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    King and The Chairman of the Board

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 16,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 13456

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

View Postachappy, on 16 February 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 16 February 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

My only gripe is I get incredible quality on my iPhone. They want to push you to Google Chrome which I wonít do, so the quality on my MacBook Pro is not what it should be.

Are you on NBC Gold?  Iím on Amazon Prime and the feed is great in Safari. Actually, as I mentioned earlier Amazon Prime is far better than NBC Gold. If I were restricted to NBC I wouldnít watch.

As I said a couple above, Amazon Prime. When I signed up I got a use Google Chrome for best quality notice, but didnít do that. Itís not even 1080 quality on the laptop, brilliant on the phone. Movies are just fine.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 16 February 2019 - 10:48 AM.


24

#85 bbr16

bbr16

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425494
  • Joined: 05/17/2016
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

I really miss the old pga tour live app. Scrollable leaderboard overlays, dedicated leaderboard in the app, news feed, a well polished app.

NBC sports gold has none of this. Instead a crappy leaderboard implementation, horrible UI, and tons of extra NBC content I donít care about. Not to mention the random errors I get while trying to view live coverage.

More coverage is nice, but the mobile experience has taken a major hit in my opinion. Iím just a software engineer, what do I know?...


25

#86 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

I see the verdict is still out on the Amazon PGA Tour Live vs NBC Sports Gold. Any on care to comment on the difference between the two? I have PGA Tour Live app on amazon prime (9.99/ month) and covers the two feature groups live. Does the NBC gold app offer a better service? Trying to figure out which app to go with this year. All of the majors are blacked out on the pga tour live on amazon. Does NBC Gold offer the majors to stream live?

I thought NBC Gold was replacing PGA tour live but it doesn't seem to be the case....
Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP5
Vokey
Spider

26

#87 BB28403

BB28403

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 591

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

Anyone with iTunes watch out, if you bought PGA live last year, it is set to renew as Golf TV for 39.99 I think.  And there is no unsubscribe button.  I have tried.  Had to email Apple.

27

#88 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    45+ inch drivers are evil.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,540 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 6307

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostSh00terMcgavin, on 17 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I see the verdict is still out on the Amazon PGA Tour Live vs NBC Sports Gold. Any on care to comment on the difference between the two? I have PGA Tour Live app on amazon prime (9.99/ month) and covers the two feature groups live. Does the NBC gold app offer a better service? Trying to figure out which app to go with this year. All of the majors are blacked out on the pga tour live on amazon. Does NBC Gold offer the majors to stream live?

I thought NBC Gold was replacing PGA tour live but it doesn't seem to be the case....

NBC Sports Gold is CARRYING PGA tour live. It is the SAME  coverage as through Amazon.

The PGA TOUR Live app and the subscription through that App are gone as one of the distribution choices.

It’s $65 for the year though NBC sports gold.  Why pay 9.95 a month if you want it year round?
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

28

#89 Sh00terMcgavin

Sh00terMcgavin

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451804
  • Joined: 01/16/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 17 February 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostSh00terMcgavin, on 17 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I see the verdict is still out on the Amazon PGA Tour Live vs NBC Sports Gold. Any on care to comment on the difference between the two? I have PGA Tour Live app on amazon prime (9.99/ month) and covers the two feature groups live. Does the NBC gold app offer a better service? Trying to figure out which app to go with this year. All of the majors are blacked out on the pga tour live on amazon. Does NBC Gold offer the majors to stream live?

I thought NBC Gold was replacing PGA tour live but it doesn't seem to be the case....

NBC Sports Gold is CARRYING PGA tour live. It is the SAME  coverage as through Amazon.

The PGA TOUR Live app and the subscription through that App are gone as one of the distribution choices.

It’s $65 for the year though NBC sports gold.  Why pay 9.95 a month if you want it year round?

Now that makes sense. Alot of different info I was finding about the 2 apps. Some people say the same, some people say different. I just did the one month to see if it was worth it/ streaming ok. If all goes well this week, i'll just grab the yearly price.

**EDIT**
Seems like NBC Sports gold is a different service then GOLFPASS***

Kind of like the Mitsubishi shaft line. So many options that no one seems to be 100% sure about. LOL

Edited by Sh00terMcgavin, 17 February 2019 - 01:54 PM.

Ping G400 HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TEE EX10 Beta 15* Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
Callaway Apex UT 21*
Mizuno MP5
Vokey
Spider

29

#90 Joker91

Joker91

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173666
  • Joined: 04/07/2012
  • Location:Westminster, CO
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 17 February 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostSh00terMcgavin, on 17 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I see the verdict is still out on the Amazon PGA Tour Live vs NBC Sports Gold. Any on care to comment on the difference between the two? I have PGA Tour Live app on amazon prime (9.99/ month) and covers the two feature groups live. Does the NBC gold app offer a better service? Trying to figure out which app to go with this year. All of the majors are blacked out on the pga tour live on amazon. Does NBC Gold offer the majors to stream live?

I thought NBC Gold was replacing PGA tour live but it doesn't seem to be the case....

NBC Sports Gold is CARRYING PGA tour live. It is the SAME  coverage as through Amazon.

The PGA TOUR Live app and the subscription through that App are gone as one of the distribution choices.

It’s $65 for the year though NBC sports gold.  Why pay 9.95 a month if you want it year round?

Amazon doesn't show ads, NBC Sports Gold does. That's the only real difference


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors