Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What simple swing feels/thoughts work for YOU


44 replies to this topic

#31 OakLawnGolfPro

OakLawnGolfPro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 486006
  • Joined: 11/03/2017
  • Location:Oak Lawn, IL
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:scottwhogan
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:20 PM

When I feel my hands and arms have control of the club and my body is athletic and reacting to that is when I play my best.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 b.mattay

b.mattay

    New WRX'er

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447380
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:52 PM

View Postclevited, on 28 November 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

View Postmelly9, on 28 November 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

My main feel is straight right arm on the backswing

You are a lefty I assume?

Likely a righty! This is my thought on the backswing...on the downswing, I try to send my left shoulder off my chin.

2

#33 Santiago Golf

Santiago Golf

    I Strive to make you Better

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151005
  • Joined: 12/13/2011
  • Handicap:???
GolfWRX Likes : 1887

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:46 PM

Take the club back, swing the club forward
Driver: Taylormade M2 '17 10.5*; Accura Tour Z Pink, 85 M5 (285, can get one or two to carry 300+ if needed)
Fairway: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*; Diamana Blueboard 72x (255)

                LOOKING FOR A 7 Wood (probably gunna be 230-235 club)
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-AW; Aldila VS Proto "By You" 100x
   4-5; 38", 61* lie, 5 iron weight (220, 210) 6-8; 37", 62* lie, 8 iron weight (195, 180, 165) 9-AW; 36", 63* lie (150, 130, 110)

S Wedge: Scratch 1018 DS 57*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35.5", 63.5* lie (85): I HARDLY USE IT IN THE BUNKER
L Wedge: Maltby Third Wedge (Custom Grind) 62*; Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx; 35", 64* lie: THIS IS MY BUNKER CLUB, HARDLY USE FROM OUTSIDE 40 YARDS!!
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 MB, YES! Tour Tracey (for practice only)

Ball: Vice Pro
Grip: Super Stroke S-Tech Cord (Woods +6 wraps, Irons and wedges +8 wraps)

3

#34 RichieHunt

RichieHunt

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209355
  • Joined: 10/30/2012
  • Location:Cocoa Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 2788

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

Depends on where my swing is.  My goal is to not have thoughts.  I can do it for periods of time, but eventually some things get out of whack and I need to work on maintenance and that requires some swing thoughts until I can get the swing back to where I want it.

For now, I'm working on feeling like the shaft gets perpendicular to the ground at p3 and then trying to rotate while getting my left knee to flex as soon and as much as possible by p5.







RH

4

#35 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 738

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostRichieHunt, on 29 November 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Depends on where my swing is.  My goal is to not have thoughts.  I can do it for periods of time, but eventually some things get out of whack and I need to work on maintenance and that requires some swing thoughts until I can get the swing back to where I want it.

For now, I'm working on feeling like the shaft gets perpendicular to the ground at p3 and then trying to rotate while getting my left knee to flex as soon and as much as possible by p5.







RH

I have tried a few times over the years to have zero swing thoughts, each time with disastrous results. I have to have 1 or 2 keys or I'm all over the place.


5

#36 clevited

clevited

    Don't think you are, know you are.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484290
  • Joined: 10/13/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 402

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

Great stuff everyone.  We are getting plenty of ones for the list and from here on out, I am going to start cherry picking and perhaps shorting and making the list easier to read.

I feel like we are missing a few more good swing thoughts or feels that require an imagination.  I especially like to read and try those ones as they kind of kill more birds with one stone.  Like the swinging a hammer and hitting a nail at an angle one, chopping wood, dragging a wet towel around your body, things like that.  If anyone has a unique one especially, don't be afraid to share it!

6

#37 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11,993 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 8235

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

View Postgetitdaily, on 30 November 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostRichieHunt, on 29 November 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Depends on where my swing is.  My goal is to not have thoughts.  I can do it for periods of time, but eventually some things get out of whack and I need to work on maintenance and that requires some swing thoughts until I can get the swing back to where I want it.

For now, I'm working on feeling like the shaft gets perpendicular to the ground at p3 and then trying to rotate while getting my left knee to flex as soon and as much as possible by p5.







RH

I have tried a few times over the years to have zero swing thoughts, each time with disastrous results. I have to have 1 or 2 keys or I'm all over the place.

Same for me. Almost a lost or exposed feeling trying to swing without one.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

7

#38 getitdaily

getitdaily

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479556
  • Joined: 08/19/2017
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 738

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:55 AM

View Postdeadsolid...shank, on 30 November 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

View Postgetitdaily, on 30 November 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

View PostRichieHunt, on 29 November 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Depends on where my swing is.  My goal is to not have thoughts.  I can do it for periods of time, but eventually some things get out of whack and I need to work on maintenance and that requires some swing thoughts until I can get the swing back to where I want it.

For now, I'm working on feeling like the shaft gets perpendicular to the ground at p3 and then trying to rotate while getting my left knee to flex as soon and as much as possible by p5.







RH

I have tried a few times over the years to have zero swing thoughts, each time with disastrous results. I have to have 1 or 2 keys or I'm all over the place.

Same for me. Almost a lost or exposed feeling trying to swing without one.

Yep. If I wasnt focused on 1 or 2 keys then it allowed my mind to be somewhere else, almost blank minded.

Target is still the primary thing in my mind. But going from preshot target identification, to standing over the ball, my mind shifts from target to how to hit the target. Standing over the ball I'm thinking swing key but I check target twice. When I pull the trigger I have a blend of target and swing key in my mind. Works well for me...

8

#39 _Red_

_Red_

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514036
  • Joined: 10/09/2018
  • Location:Aberdeen
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

I like to feel the swing starts with my left shoulder.

After that it's a little about the path of the takeaway and then how much I'm releasing my hands though impact.

If I'm playing poorly I need to think about keeping the takeaway nice and wide and slow and keeping my body still for a long time so that it doesn't fire though without giving my arms a chance to keep up with it.
TaylorMade M1 3-wood 15* (set to 17*)
Callaway X-forged UT 18*
Titleist 818H1 21*
Ping S55 4-PW
Titleist SM7 50*
Mizuno MPT5 54*
Titleist SM7 58*
Odyssey White Hot #6

9

#40 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 19095

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

mine are very simple....

grip... right hand controlled by thumb and index , keeps my right hand active and on the club,
backswing - start with my core , arms follow connected.  
finish depends on shot shape,  

thats it...if i stay connected going back and my right hand stays on the club im good... (right hand tends to come off as im left hand dominant and club doesnt release when this happens)

Nike Oven TW Vapor Speed  Aldila Synergy proto 70TX
Tm 17 M1 tour 14.5  Graphite Design ADDI 8X
Tm M3 tour 19 Fuji Pro white 95X
Titleist 681 Proto 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Raw 54 60 Modus 130S
Camerom 009 1.5 GSS

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 clevited

clevited

    Don't think you are, know you are.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484290
  • Joined: 10/13/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 402

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:18 AM

I think I have a pretty good list of things up thanks to all that have contributed.  If anyone has any really imaginative ones they use I would be interested to read about them.  Don't be afraid of it sounding silly or anything, no judging here, just curious about some of the more "out there" feels and thoughts people might have especially now that we have covered most of the more tangible body part related feels.

Edited by clevited, 05 December 2018 - 09:19 AM.


11

#42 4thand11

4thand11

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97100
  • Joined: 10/22/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:18 PM

Swing like I am hitting a two-handed forehand in tennis.  Or, swing like I am hitting a low fastball in baseball.



12

#43 melly9

melly9

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499608
  • Joined: 04/19/2018
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:18 PM

View Postclevited, on 28 November 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

View Postmelly9, on 28 November 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

My main feel is straight right arm on the backswing

You are a lefty I assume?

Nope. Right handed.

13

#44 golfstripe

golfstripe

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514988
  • Joined: 10/23/2018
  • Location:MI
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:02 PM

Mind my own business.

14

#45 clevited

clevited

    Don't think you are, know you are.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484290
  • Joined: 10/13/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 402

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Postmelly9, on 05 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

View Postclevited, on 28 November 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

View Postmelly9, on 28 November 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

My main feel is straight right arm on the backswing

You are a lefty I assume?

Nope. Right handed.

Nuts!  I guessed wrong!


15



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors