You know you are addicted to golf when......
Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:29 PM
-true story form 2 months ago, that round went hell.
Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:15 PM
Or when you fall asleep watching TGC, wake up 3 hours later, and the same show is on that you fell asleep to... then you stay up to watch the end.
Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:53 PM
When your wife turns The Golf Channel on to fall asleep and suddenly you are not tired anymore.
Edited by bunana3, 11 June 2008 - 10:54 PM.
Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:33 AM
1. Return the Byron putters you borrowed from Hairpie to "check you putting stroke against my Rife 400)
2. check into hotel (at 2:31 am, just finished playing poker), first thing I do is log in to check BST for a 9.5 08 Burner TP with whiteboard.
3. So that I can get up at 8am and watch the US open ALLDAY while I work out of the hotel room and not be bothered by my wife saying "That's not really work!"
4. Did I mention I'll probably goto Mortons golf shop at lunch too?? (Hi Ken).
do I win the prize now.??? g'night
Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:11 AM
-When your girlfriend asks you: "You want to go to the beach?" Your first thought is: "Great, I can train bunker-shots there!"
-When you take a club to school to practice bunkershots in the long-jump pit during the breaks.
-When you are so keen to play after breaking your arm, that you start to early and break it again while playing.
-When your hands are like sandpaper.
-There is at least one putter in your livingroom
-You destroid at least two lamps, whilst doing practiceswings at home.
Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:44 AM
- when you use your bath tub to practice the "aquaman" swing and move.
- when your 2 beagles are named "Tiger" and "Phil" and your Yahoo IM nickname is "AScottTwin"
- when you're in a rollercoaster and you scream "Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!" and suddenly you are sad Michelle is not playing that well these days (so she's not on TV that often).
Edited by buztech, 12 June 2008 - 07:03 AM.
Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:16 AM
- When you drag you bag through the lobby, up to your room
- When your cleaning your clubs in your room watching TGC and checking this board
- When you practicing the lag putting from one room to the other
- When your practicing short putts into the door facing
- When you sitting here at 7:15 am responding to this thread instead of getting ready for work
Edited by memphishorn, 12 June 2008 - 07:16 AM.
Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:40 AM
- You can change the topic of any conversation to golf
-You get your 10yr old so addicted to the game that he uses a hocky stick like a belly putter. He did it for a feild day game at school yesterday.
-The same 10yr old knows the history of the game and all of the best players in history by sight
-Your Daughter that hates golf has learned the lingo
-Getting the TGW catolog in the mail makes your day complete
Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:54 AM
Why hasnt mine come?!?!?! its been a month already i think...
Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:38 PM
When you are in court and you are less concerned with how much your fines are but rather how soon you can get to a course to tee off.
Edited by mbateman81, 13 June 2008 - 06:44 PM.
Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:59 PM
Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:33 PM
Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:14 PM
Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:33 PM
Oh man, I have the perfect spot of land for a nice rolling hill golf coure. I'd love to design a course.
I know I'm addicted because my homepage is a golf forum website. And I wake up and go to sleep with The Golf Channel on the flatscreen. I work 3rd shift, always away on my nights off until 3 or later a.m. I'll go out and take practice swings at midnight. I'll chip/pitch in the dark until I hit the fence and wake the neighbors dog, then I run inside like a kid. I have divots in my ceiling and marks from where I swing too hard and things get out of hand! Yeah, I'm addicted. I also have enough clubs for a foursome. WOw, things are getting bad
Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:48 PM
When you take your exams with a golf pencil.
When you schedule all of your classes for the evenings or online so you can practice golf all day.
When you sneak onto your course during a hurricane so you can hit a 400+ yard drive.
When breaking 90 is a pre-requisite for a future wife.
Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:11 PM
...the employees at golf galaxy know your name and what time you come in everyday.
...your able to name drivers by the sound they make.
...able to identify the pro by what kind of putter he uses.
...are asleep less time than you are on the golf course.(4 hours caddying and 4 hours playing v.s. 7 hours of sleep)
...you are dating the cart girl from your local golf course.
Edited by jeff0907, 17 June 2008 - 09:17 PM.
Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:12 AM
Edited by pbcgolfer, 18 June 2008 - 12:12 AM.