Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * - - - 1 votes

2018 HERO World Challenge

300 replies to this topic

#301 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

Happy Holidays!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,843 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 12313

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostShilgy, on 04 December 2018 - 08:40 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 04 December 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

Now you suggest he's similar to Poulter?

Poulter is a heck of an accomplished player and the contrast with Stenson only solidifies the elite moniker for Henrik.

You've lost your mind here for some reason - not used to seeing you dig a hole for yourself and throw the dirt in at the same time.

Have a stiff drink and reset!
On the bold part? Same age and yet Ian has played in one more Ryder Cup. Maybe it is because Stensons career are played out more like most of the guys from the past. Took six or seven years to ramp up before he started to do well. The he lost it a bit and admirably recaptured his game.

Stenson is 42 years old. Since her is elite give me your top 20 of the last 15 to 20 years.

Of the top of my head-don't get too hung up on the order.
Tiger
Phil
VJ
Els
DJ
Rory
Scott
Duval
Day
Spieth
Sergio
Furyk
Bubba
Westwood
Stenson

How many of those is Henrik above in career?

Saying Poulter played in one more Ryder Cup really isn't relevant unless you ignore the other tournaments each won and what they won.  Stenson by far more accomplished than Ian, but Ian is one of the best out there.

I guess I don't understand the list and don't want to argue about it.  I really don't get into career rankings much until the dust has settled and the careers are over, but some, like Tiger and Phil I know where I can put on career lists subject to future accomplishments  

All of those players are elite, many of the best of the best players the past however many years, not really a question of ranking and Stenson is right there.  Again, I think you keep overlooking his actual wins and what those wins have been. If your definition of "elite" is Jack, Hogan, Watson, Hagen, Tiger and just along those lines, we just have different definitions/applications of the term "elite", and we aren't going to end up agreeing, nor have to for sure.  I don't think you have to crack the top 20 all time,  for example, to be one of many elite players of any particular era or time period.

Edited by Hawkeye77, 05 December 2018 - 05:40 PM.

"We've Got That Holiday Feeling!"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors