Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ella's journey

34 replies to this topic

#31 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:23 PM

rich s, on 01 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Ella and I just finished week 2 of the SuperSpeed training. We both hit our longest drives ever today! She has a new driver on the way (Ping Prodi G). She did some medicine ball training and exercises from JoeyDgolf on IG as well as a GG. She is worn out and I am so proud of her effort. I think the new driver will be a much better fit for her so possibly a big jump in distance coming!

Love the enthusiasm in the video!  Glad to see you're working with Dan as well.  Results have been great and can't wait to see more.  Keep it up Ella!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 rich s

rich s

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340645
  • Handicap:6.2
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Leezer99! It was a good weekend. I have a strong feeling Ella’s new driver will be a much better fit. You can see in the video it’s way too short for her. She has the speed right now for 150 but just could not square the club face. She hits a 7iron like a champ though! Thanks for the kind words, this is a fun journey for the two of us :)

#33 mrshinsa

mrshinsa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476520
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:09 AM

rich s, on 01 December 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Ella and I just finished week 2 of the SuperSpeed training. We both hit our longest drives ever today! She has a new driver on the way (Ping Prodi G). She did some medicine ball training and exercises from JoeyDgolf on IG as well as a GG. She is worn out and I am so proud of her effort. I think the new driver will be a much better fit for her so possibly a big jump in distance coming!

Good job to both of you.  
Keep going!!!!

#34 extrastiff

extrastiff

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512346
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:28 AM

I'm just excited for the first pro golfer In a hoodie!
g400 lst 9* | HZRDUS Black 75 6.5    1" tip
f8 14.5* | Black 75 6.5
f8 18.5* | Black 75 6.5
tour preferred UDI 3 iron | Black 105 6.5
900tour 4-PW | TT DG X100 SL
hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | MODUS 105X
Columbus
jumbomax tour medium grips

#35 DGord10

DGord10

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512724
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:17 AM

Wonderful to read about this - sounds like she has some real passion for golf and the right drive and frame of mind to develop her game and keep improving.  What a wonderful thing that you and she can share.  I relish the time that I get to spend with my 13yr old son on the course or practice area.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that I think that you will see as much or more improvement in her distance through improving the technique of her swing and hitting the sweet spot more frequently with the right swing and launch angle than with building strength and swing speed.  It’s always been my impression (albeit a novice impression) that time spent building speed and strength show the most benefit once the swing technique is sound.  As my son grew and improved, at each stage when it came to distance, the greatest improvements came through improvement in technique first and then size/strength.  Of course there is no issue in working both sides at the same time just that expectations on which side will produce more/earlier results should be balanced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors