Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Trail hand in putting

grip

32 replies to this topic

#31 just plain bill

just plain bill

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379434
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:billharmonica
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:06 AM

I put 3/4 roll of lead tape on the bottom of the shaft. No wobble. And it smooths out the stroke. And enhances feel for me. I'm very rh dominant. When I putt I pretend I'm not putting, but chipping, and push the clubhead out along the line. Seems to take the stress out. Been doing this tape-thing since the beginning; always preferred a heavy putter. And the bowling comment above might apply to me as well.  
Everyone that tries my heavy putter really likes it.
Now that I think about it, chipping with the pw has removed a lot of stress around the green. I used to just grab the putter and sw, but always felt stress with the sw. A buddy in Phoenix, mike burlaka, always used his pw, and was deadly with it. I recently started using the pw, using my putting stroke for the most part and have never been better around the greens.
This game is nuts.

driver: Nike Sasquatch 16*  
fwy: Ping K15 7wd 22* (from Japan) Taylormade M2  24*
hyb:   Ping G20:  31*
irons:    Ping Karsten  8,9, pw (ks 401 shafts sr flex)
wedges:   Ping G20 58* lob, 54* sw, 50* gap. senior graphite.
putter:      Odyssey Versa Jailbird
ball: Pinnacle Soft
bag:    Ping cart
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

chess:   "it's your turn.com"  -  just plain bill
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Play the shot you've got the greatest chance of playing well.
Play the shot that makes the next shot easy.  (Tommy Armour)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 darecki

darecki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 515918
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:39 AM

I also prefer heavier putters and actually use one of these.

Update: the best option as for now is the reverse grip (left hand lower), open stance and the ball in line with my dominant eye. I can see the line of the putt without turning my head back and forth and the right humerus and elbow are nicely tied with my torso. With this position I also do not need to stand very far from the ball which is good.

#33 just plain bill

just plain bill

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379434
  • Handicap:5.5
  • Ebay ID:billharmonica
GolfWRX Likes : 287

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

It was really blowing one round a yr ago or so, and I had to widen my open stance. Putted so well I kept the stance.
driver: Nike Sasquatch 16*  
fwy: Ping K15 7wd 22* (from Japan) Taylormade M2  24*
hyb:   Ping G20:  31*
irons:    Ping Karsten  8,9, pw (ks 401 shafts sr flex)
wedges:   Ping G20 58* lob, 54* sw, 50* gap. senior graphite.
putter:      Odyssey Versa Jailbird
ball: Pinnacle Soft
bag:    Ping cart

chess:   "it's your turn.com"  -  just plain bill
Play the shot you've got the greatest chance of playing well.
Play the shot that makes the next shot easy.  (Tommy Armour)

Also tagged with grip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors