Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 33 votes

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

6834 replies to this topic

#3421 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15142
GolfWRX Likes : 261

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hey Everyone,

Here's a Sneak Peek of a new Modular Center Shaft hosel we're carving out of a billet of 1018 Carbon Steel.  I love the first milling operations when you can see the product being born out of the raw material.  I also like the monolithic nature of this photo, and the almost MC Escher-like nature of the mill marks, and trying to figure out exactly what is going on...    

More photo to follow as we transform the block into a new hosel option.    Hope you enjoy!

Best,

-Dave  

MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op1.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#3422 B-Man

B-Man

silky smooth

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53884
  • Handicap:+0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:55 PM

Nice one Dave. How do you say "kid in a candy store" in Texan? Looking forward to seeing other type hosels (or variations of current ones) and what else your new milling equipment can create.
Vapor Speed Driver
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 TP 14.5* FW
Mizuno 2018 CLK 19* Hybrid

Mizuno 2011 MP Fli-Hi 3 iron
Mizuno MP-54 4-PW
Mizuno S18 56/14 bent to 54/12
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 58/9
TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick

BOOM!

#3423 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Thanks B-Man!  It is so much more fun when its just steps from my desk and workbench.  I'm already dreaming about our next one (bigger, faster, more HP!!!).  lol

In the mean time, this little puppy sure does a nice job.  Attached are photos of the second op, in action "making chips" and after lopping off the back side (nested nicely in its dedicated soft jaws).  

You might start to recognize this shape from a TIG welded prototype that went out on Tour last year, and a few lucky owners ordered as one-off's.  

More to follow tomorrow!

Thanks,  

-Dave

MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op2_hmm_r.jpg

MP_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_WIP_Op2.jpg

#3424 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14457
  • Ebay ID:choeppner99
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Looking Good Dave :)

Wait till yall see some of the items in the works :)  This is just the tip of the iceberg :)
Posted Image

Please feel free to contact me at:
Choeppner@doglegright.com

#3425 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Thanks Chris!

Here's a photo of the brand new Modular Center Shaft-Over Hosel.   As previously noted, we made a TIG welded prototype that was used by a prominent player on Tour.  Now that we have our own CNC maching center in house, we can now mill new designs like these from scratch.   These new hosels are very clean at address, and are simple and reliable to line up, as you don't have the hosel cup jutting out over the leading edge.  We made a very limited initial batch in 303 and 1018 for anyone who is interested!  

MP_M2A_5pt0_Mod_CS_Shaft_Over_3c.jpg

Also, I wanted to tell everyone about our newest  Authorized MACHINE Custom Putter Fitting Center at Cool Clubs of Dallas / Ft Worth at the Hank Haney Golf Academy at The Lakes at Castle Hills Golf Club in Lewisville, Texas.   Links to Cool Clubs and Hank's newest facility are as follows:

http://www.coolclubs...rthLocation.php

http://www.hankhaney...astleHills.aspx

The teams there have done a terrific job with the facilities, the putter fitting studio is really cool, and the practice green is terrific!  We are in the process of installing a full compliment of putters, components and Demo models, and will test prototypes and new designs with the pros, their students and guests.  If you live or work in the DFW area, or come through on travel, be sure to visit this really cool facility and see our latest and greatest work while you are there!  :)  (call for appointments for fittings or lessons).   Hope some of you can make it!  

Thanks,

-Dave

#3426 Thaddy

Thaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81936
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Dave, with your new CNC mill, will you be able to make similar necks with different offsets?  For example, a plumbers neck with 1/2 shaft offset?  I really like the clean look of that "center" shaft!

#3427 MGPT

MGPT

MGPT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116163
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

Couple of questions:

-What is the difference in terms of feel and durability between the 303 SS and the 1018 Carbon? And which would you recommend?

-Dare I ask, how much would I be looking at approximately for a damascus?!

-Is the liquid sapphire finish available to the public and if so, what sort of upcharge is it and what metal can it be applied to?

Thanks!
Ti Nike Dymo 380 10.5* BB Stiff
Ti Nike SQ2 4 Wood 17* Crazy FW80
Nike VR Pro Hybrid 24* Crazy H Stiff
Ti Nike Split Protos 6-PW
Ti Nike VR Forged 56/10
Nike Method Mod 90 34"

http://www.golfwrx.c...alist-nike-bag/

#3428 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

View PostThaddy, on 02 November 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Dave, with your new CNC mill, will you be able to make similar necks with different offsets?  For example, a plumbers neck with 1/2 shaft offset?  I really like the clean look of that "center" shaft!

Yes, we will be adding a plumber neck with a half shaft offset to the modular hosel options.   Similar to the way we tested prototypes on Tour with modified cut and TIG-welded modular center shaft over hosels, we have been doing the same with the 1/2-shaft offset plumber necks.  But now we can do all the CAD CAM in house and experiment much faster and more efficiently with many different shapes, amounts of offset, lengths, etc.  You can probably expect to see this model for 2012, and in a new length or two as well.   :)  

View PostMPellow, on 02 November 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

Couple of questions:

-What is the difference in terms of feel and durability between the 303 SS and the 1018 Carbon? And which would you recommend?

-Dare I ask, how much would I be looking at approximately for a damascus?!

-Is the liquid sapphire finish available to the public and if so, what sort of upcharge is it and what metal can it be applied to?

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest and questions.  

303 is the most durable, and many customers believe ours is one of, if not the softest feeling around, due to the aggressive VMG grooves on our faces.  There is less surface area contacting the ball, the grooves bite the surface of the ball and really feel soft, yet solid.   303 can be transformed by bead blasting, peening, scratching, with a torch, and other means, to change the color and brightness.  

The 1018 Carbon steel is very soft yet solid feeling (more so than 303).  It does require more maintenance though.   Nickel plate is probably the most durable, followed by copper plate, but copper will tarnish (unless its treated with a dark patina or clear coat, which have their own unique maintenance needs).  Hot Salts Gunmetal Blue finish is a great finish, looks beautiful, feels fantastic, but does need to be taken care of.  

So, if you want looks and durability to go with a great feel, I would say either 303 in Morning Dew mist, Antique Charcoal (for a slightly darker and more interesting finish), on the lower maintenance side of the scale, or 1018 Carbon with Nickel plating on the best feeling side.

Our Damascus putters start at $1,250 for a M1A and go up depending on the number of Damascus pieces and other custom options.  

We experienced some durability issues with the 3rd party supplied Liquid Sapphire finish, so we have decided not to offer it going forward (unless the supplier improves it to our satisfaction).  It was applied only to Carbon steel putters.  

Thanks again for your interest!

-Dave

#3429 MGPT

MGPT

MGPT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Thanks for the reply Dave.

To be honest I'm looking for a lifelong putter. Putter hoing is the one part of hoing that doesnt excite me!

So durability is key for me. Also something that will look stealthy with age rather than tatty (if that makes sense?)

Could you possibly post a pic of a morning dew finish and a antique charcoal finish for comparison?
Ti Nike VR Forged 56/10
Nike Method Mod 90 34"

#3430 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hello Sir,

I can get those photo's in just in a minute :)  On the drive home right now :)

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Posted Image

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#3431 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day

• Marshals
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

View PostMPellow, on 04 November 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

To be honest I'm looking for a lifelong putter. Putter hoing is the one part of hoing that doesnt excite me!

So durability is key for me. Also something that will look stealthy with age rather than tatty (if that makes sense?)

Could you possibly post a pic of a morning dew finish and a antique charcoal finish for comparison?
Not for nothing, but I'm betting a MACHINE will be what you're looking for.  My own MACHINE stopped my putter purchasing for over two years--a pretty big deal, given my personal "issues." :lol:  The stainless putters are plenty durable, and with the right finish, develops an EXTREMELY nice "worn" look over time.  Mine is stainless with a light morning dew satin and antique charcoal finish and looks better now than the day it first arrived.  It doesn't patina, as stainless steel doesn't react with oxygen or whatever, but it wears beautifully.

The face milling too, is a huge draw.  I know deep face milling is en vogue right now, but I personally detest it.  It makes a putter look cheap in my opinion--just a fast pass through the flywheel, creating sharp points on the face that can make an otherwise awesome putter feel like mushy crap (again, personal opinion).  MACHINE's milling, is different.  The face is milled flat, then the vertical milled grooves are added--it'll feel softer than a flat/non-grooved face, but it still feels solid.

Here's some pics of mine:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
:hi:

#3432 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Here you go :)

Antique Charcoal:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Morning Dew Satin:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3433 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Thanks George :)  That one is looking really good still :)
Posted Image

#3434 MGPT

MGPT

MGPT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Thanks a lot for doing that Chris.

Both finishes look great but I would probably prefer something darker. Just been looking through the thread and 3 finishes stand out for me:

Antique Patina

Rainbow Flame

Hot salts blue gunmetal

Which of these would work well with the 303SS?

And my other question, with a standard plumbers neck what sort of face balance would I be looking at? I'd like 3'oclock or maybe face balance in an M2A converter with either beefy or fat back flange.
Ti Nike VR Forged 56/10
Nike Method Mod 90 34"

#3435 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hello Sir,

Shot you a PM :)  Please let me know how I can help.

Thanks

-Chris

Posted Image

#3436 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 385

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

View PostNWS Alpine, on 16 September 2011 - 10:13 AM, said:

Machine does it again!!!

I wonder who is the genius with amazing taste that ordered this putter.  It comes with one of every weight so It can be as heavy as 380g.  The reason for that is because it has a second hosel exactly the same with a Belly shaft so this putter can convert back and forth with a turn of a wrench. Hand bent round hosels and heavy melting really smooth out this putter.

Attachment MP_M1A_1.jpg

Attachment MP_M1A_2.jpg

Attachment MP_M1A_3.jpg

Attachment MP_M1A_4.jpg

That is a serious looker, very nice.Posted Image

#3437 MGPT

MGPT

MGPT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

Had a couple more questions I wanted to ask Chris by email but thought others migth like to know as well:

1. Can you put some photos up of the available grips and explain the performance differences?

2. Can you explain the benefits of the UST FF shaft?

3. Do you have accessories avaiable to the public ie. caps, towels, bags, markers etc and if so PLEASE post some pics!

4. And finally, and in all seriousness, how much would it cost to have this EXACT putter made up??

View Postweaver93, on 07 July 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Ti Nike VR Forged 56/10
Nike Method Mod 90 34"

#3438 UnderPar18

UnderPar18

Previously Ecsugolf1

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80461
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 909

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

View Postberuo, on 04 November 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

View PostMPellow, on 04 November 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

Not for nothing, but I'm betting a MACHINE will be what you're looking for.  My own MACHINE stopped my putter purchasing for over two years--a pretty big deal, given my personal "issues." :lol:  The stainless putters are plenty durable, and with the right finish, develops an EXTREMELY nice "worn" look over time.  Mine is stainless with a light morning dew satin and antique charcoal finish and looks better now than the day it first arrived.  It doesn't patina, as stainless steel doesn't react with oxygen or whatever, but it wears beautifully.

The face milling too, is a huge draw.  I know deep face milling is en vogue right now, but I personally detest it.  It makes a putter look cheap in my opinion--just a fast pass through the flywheel, creating sharp points on the face that can make an otherwise awesome putter feel like mushy crap (again, personal opinion).  MACHINE's milling, is different.  The face is milled flat, then the vertical milled grooves are added--it'll feel softer than a flat/non-grooved face, but it still feels solid.

Here's some pics of mine:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That is the nicest looking putter I have ever seen. So simple looking, yet looks sooo amazing. You are lucky to own this putter

#3439 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :)  I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that is almost complete and ready to ship to it's new owner :)

This is a Limited Edition MACHINE 4.0 M1A Adjuster with a Damascus Steel Head, and a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck.  This customer wanted a Custom Sight Triangle on the topline and custom stamping on the neck :)

The Head and Neck  have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)  The Damascus Medallion was given a custom Rainbow Torch Finish :)

Enjoy :)

-Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3440 w8liftr

w8liftr

w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29250
  • Ebay ID:w8liftr
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Great putters as always!

I've been away for a while. We bought another house and started a massive remodel job on it the day we closed. Between work and the house I've been averaging 16 hours/day. We are close to completion and moving by Thanksgiving.  I haven't touched a club in way too longPosted Image I'll be back soonPosted Image

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#3441 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

Great to hear from you Tommy :)  Please tell me part of the remodel was adding a putting green. LOL

Looking forward to hearing from you

-Chris
Posted Image

#3442 Thaddy

Thaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostDB MACHINE, on 04 November 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Yes, we will be adding a plumber neck with a half shaft offset to the modular hosel options.   Similar to the way we tested prototypes on Tour with modified cut and TIG-welded modular center shaft over hosels, we have been doing the same with the 1/2-shaft offset plumber necks.  But now we can do all the CAD CAM in house and experiment much faster and more efficiently with many different shapes, amounts of offset, lengths, etc.  You can probably expect to see this model for 2012, and in a new length or two as well.   :)  

Thanks Dave!  Looking forward to seeing some examples.  That's a model I would be very interested in trying out :)

#3443 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

View Postw8liftr, on 07 November 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Great putters as always!

I've been away for a while. We bought another house and started a massive remodel job on it the day we closed. Between work and the house I've been averaging 16 hours/day. We are close to completion and moving by Thanksgiving.  I haven't touched a club in way too longPosted Image I'll be back soonPosted Image

Welcome back Tommy!  Great to hear from you.  Congrats on the new house.  I'm sure all the extra work and long hours will be well worth it in the long run.  Hope you get back to the links soon!  

All the best,

-Dave

#3444 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostThaddy, on 07 November 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

Thanks Dave!  Looking forward to seeing some examples.  That's a model I would be very interested in trying out :)

Thanks!  I posted a photo of one of the TIG welded prototypes in the Frank-N Eye putter thread.   Obviously a different head style on that one, but you can get the basic look of the neck.  I'll dig up photos of the Tour putter we made, and the other hand cut TIG welded one for comparison, and post them here.  The milled styles will be a few more weeks as we work through new head styles and other projects in the cue.  

Thanks again,

-Dave

#3445 Thaddy

Thaddy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

View PostDB MACHINE, on 08 November 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

View PostThaddy, on 07 November 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

Thanks!  I posted a photo of one of the TIG welded prototypes in the Frank-N Eye putter thread.   Obviously a different head style on that one, but you can get the basic look of the neck.  I'll dig up photos of the Tour putter we made, and the other hand cut TIG welded one for comparison, and post them here.  The milled styles will be a few more weeks as we work through new head styles and other projects in the cue.  

Thanks again,

-Dave

Dave, that's exactly the neck style I've been picturing in my mind!  I'm looking forward to working with Chris again on my order when they're ready next year :)

#3446 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I'll definitely let you know as soon as they are ready :)
Posted Image

#3447 BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger

Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73088
GolfWRX Likes : 923

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:36 PM

View Postchoeppner, on 07 November 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :)  I wanted to share some pics of a MACHINE that is almost complete and ready to ship to it's new owner :)

This is a Limited Edition MACHINE 4.0 M1A Adjuster with a Damascus Steel Head, and a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck.  This customer wanted a Custom Sight Triangle on the topline and custom stamping on the neck :)

The Head and Neck  have all been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)  The Damascus Medallion was given a custom Rainbow Torch Finish :)

-Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh WOW! That is my dream putter! It must cost more than my car! Love it. Great job.
10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S
15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S
18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S
21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid
5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S
PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS
Taylormade DLL+ 36"

#3448 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,600 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :)  I wanted to share pics of one more MACHINE that was just finished :)

This is a MACHINE Damascus M1A Fixer with a Damascus Steel Head, a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck and a Copper Cavity Medallion :)  This MACHINE has been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)

-Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3449 weaver93

weaver93

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56707
  • Ebay ID:weaver93
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

View Postchoeppner, on 12 November 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :)  I wanted to share pics of one more MACHINE that was just finished :)

This is a MACHINE Damascus M1A Fixer with a Damascus Steel Head, a Damascus Steel Plumber Neck and a Copper Cavity Medallion :)  This MACHINE has been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish :)

-Chris

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really like all the damascus putters I have seen Dave build, but I must say this one SICK! I don't know if it is the finish or the pattern in the steel, but I would putt left hand to play this one!!!!

#3450 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

#TeamJetSpeed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1623

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:47 PM

What is the feel like on the Damascus relative to carbon or stainless?

Also, trying to get a feel for what color the Damascus is with the hot salts finish.  Is it grayish, or brownish, or a little of both?  Can't tell what color is from the background, and what's from the putter.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors