Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 18 votes

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

5440 replies to this topic

#31 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15142
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

View Postpm4610, on Jan 4 2007, 07:33 PM, said:

So, the putter itself won't be stamped with a serial number? It's probably more hassle than it's worth, however, I have a Ping JAS that has a serial number on it. I don't know if Cameron's and the like do or don't.

Thanks,
p

P,

The first prototypes, tour, testers and customs are all unique one-of-a-kind-putters and will be ducmented to capture their unique features. I will eventually engrave and / or laser etch the production models for OTR retail.

View PostJGalls, on Jan 4 2007, 07:37 PM, said:

Pretty neat idea with numbering the shaft bands. Just a little food for thought...will you be able to order duplicate numbers in the future when restoring a putter for a customer (replacing the shaft band to original)?

Thanks Jim. My initial thought is that refinishes, "respecs," repairs, etc. will come with a new custom band and the old one will go on the new, updated COA and be decumented again. That way, customers can get the new style bands, paint fills, etc. and still memorialize the original.

View Postchoeppner, on Jan 4 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

They look great Dave. Any need for the Aerobed yet. LOL

-CHRIS-

Thanks Chris. Yep. Need it tonight I think because I started some pork chops after my previous post and now I thin they are burining and my wife is giving me a dirty look....

View Postjohndeere10, on Jan 4 2007, 07:47 PM, said:

Dave any lefty models in the works? If so what models should we expect to see?

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, yes. the M1A is coming in left hand first and and then the Transformers. M5 amd M6 heads also coming in left handed and several hosels also including numerous custom bends.

Also a two-faced model could be in the works too...

More later. Thanks again for all your interest, comments and questions.

Back to the chops.

Wish me luck!

-Dave

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#32 xxio

xxio

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 541
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

Sounds like a big and very well though out project.

Best of luck.

We will be helping this take off...please say you will ship overseas.

#33 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:33 PM

View Postxxio, on Jan 4 2007, 08:04 PM, said:

Sounds like a big and very well though out project.

Best of luck.

We will be helping this take off...please say you will ship overseas.

Thanks!

I'm proud of the fact that we've shipped our other products (primarily HOG) to distributors in 36 foreign countries in the past... We hope to sell and ship to those, and many more in the future!

-Dave

:drinks:

#34 icemakr

icemakr

Advanced

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355
  • Ebay ID:Icemakr
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

Thanks Dave for your kind response.

Looking forward to all the new "MACHINE" gear.

Good Luck and you've got (1) sold.

ICE

#35 Geo

Geo

Happy Geo's Day!

• Marshals
  • 6,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1027

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:52 PM

Dave, honestly some amazing work on these putters.  I'm a big fan of the M1A, and am glad for the lefty inclusion.  I absolutely love the hammered finish on these, very original and a very nice way to cut on the glare.  Are you going to have an Anser4/BB18/SantaFe neck option available for these...and more importantly, for the lefties out there who know EXACTLY what they like (specifically the Anser4/BB18/SantaFe neck :cheesy:)?  Thanks for putting all this stuff up and again, very nice work. :)

:hi:

#36 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:08 PM

View Posticemakr, on Jan 4 2007, 08:40 PM, said:

Thanks Dave for your kind response.

Looking forward to all the new "MACHINE" gear.

Good Luck and you've got (1) sold.

ICE

ICE,

Thanks again for the PM and interest in the next TEST round. I'm excellerating the new models' development, so it should be sooner than previously anticipated, thanks to you and others' great support.

More details in the coming days.

-db2

View Postberuo, on Jan 4 2007, 08:52 PM, said:

Dave, honestly some amazing work on these putters. I'm a big fan of the M1A, and am glad for the lefty inclusion. I absolutely love the hammered finish on these, very original and a very nice way to cut on the glare. Are you going to have an Anser4/BB18/SantaFe neck option available for these...and more importantly, for the lefties out there who know EXACTLY what they like (specifically the Anser4/BB18/SantaFe neck ;))? Thanks for putting all this stuff up and again, very nice work. :yes:

Beruo, I will show my version of the aforementioned necks in a day or two. I have to set up a mirror in front of my bending vise, to make sure I get it right! FYI, a lefty with the initials RC used one of my 1005D putters in lefty with a custom bend neck... I might even have a back-up in the vault and will post pics if I can find it....

More later. Thanks again. -Dave / db2

#37 TracyS

TracyS

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5516
  • Ebay ID:tracy_was_here
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was already covered, but are all the models headweight-adjustable?  If not, what range of headweight are we looking at for the non-adjustable models?

Thanks

They look great.

Edited by tracys, 05 January 2007 - 02:08 AM.

Callaway Big Bertha
Sonartec NP99 17*
Exotics XRail 20*, Callaway XHot 23*
Callaway Apex Forged 5-P
Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
TP Mills Custom Softtail

#38 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

View Posttracys, on Jan 4 2007, 10:15 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Sorry if this was already covered, but are all the models headweight-adjustable? If not, what range of headweight are we looking at for the non-adjustable models?

Thanks

They look great.

Hey Tracys,

Thanks for the post and question on weighting. The M1-A (anser-2-stye) comes in both a solid (fixed) and adjustable weight model (the one with the screws in the back of the flange). Convertible and Transformable models are all weight adjustable.

In the fixed M1-A, it depends on the material of the head, hosel, and other custom work, such as special grinds on bumbers, sole and other custom specs (loft, sole draft, sound slot, etc.).

Basic OTR models are 340, 350 and 360 grams (once again depending on hosel and target putter length), but we can go to 370, 380 or more if the customer wants (and higher for longer putters too).

I will post some pics of some exploded views of some of the weight adjustable putters, along with weights for some of the basic components, so you can get a better idea of those options. My version of "Mil-Spec" putters will have each component marked with its exact weight so the tinkerers and fiddlers (like me!) can mix and match... :crazy2:

Thanks!

-Dave

#39 TracyS

TracyS

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5516
  • Ebay ID:tracy_was_here

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

very cool.   Just when I thought I was done buying putters for a while...

Edited by tracys, 05 January 2007 - 04:13 PM.

Callaway Big Bertha
Sonartec NP99 17*
Exotics XRail 20*, Callaway XHot 23*
Callaway Apex Forged 5-P
Vokey SM4 50*, SM5 56* S Grind
TP Mills Custom Softtail

#40 pm4610

pm4610

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10852
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:24 PM

Were there any pics of a Machine putter with a sound slot/floating face/beach?  I don't think I saw one. I've always wanted a putter with a slot, I don't know why, but I always have.  Really, what does the sound slot do?  Different feel/sound, both?  What's different...more solid, less solid?

Thanks,
p

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#41 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

View Posttracys, on Jan 5 2007, 03:12 PM, said:

very cool. Just when I thought I was done buying putters for a while...

Thanks! Were you going to stop playing golf too? jk!

View Postpm4610, on Jan 5 2007, 03:24 PM, said:

Were there any pics of a Machine putter with a sound slot/floating face/beach? I don't think I saw one. I've always wanted a putter with a slot, I don't know why, but I always have. Really, what does the sound slot do? Different feel/sound, both? What's different...more solid, less solid?

Thanks,
p

No pics posted yet, but they are in the works... Sound slots add a "brighter," higher note to the head at impact. Some say more responsive, as you can tell the sound and feel of a pure center hit as compared to a misshit better. Maybe less solid feeling to some, who like a lower sound that is equated with a solid feel.

Some also like a sound slot for added alignment.

It is also a traditional touch, as Karsten's first ansers had the slot, ala his early "ping" designs. Ray Cook also worked in this area at about the same time, and had some patents on his slots, which also framed the ball, such as in his original M1 series, and later, the M1-X. More recently, Rick Hamilton, and others have worked in this area, and expanded on it. Ray (and now Rick) actually thought of the putter as being partly a musical instrument. I was fortunate to work with him (Ray) late in his life, which was a real honor.

Our Transformer model open up even more possibilties in this area, and I will post some pics of these too.

Back to the studio for me!

Thanks,

-Dave

Edited by ExtraStiff, 05 January 2007 - 04:49 PM.

#42 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,369 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14457
  • Ebay ID:choeppner99
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:48 PM

Dave...I am  just going to send you the Aero Bed. LOL  I think you are going to need it this weekend :)

-CHRIS-
Posted Image

Please feel free to contact me at:
Choeppner@Doglegright.com

#43 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:53 PM

View Postchoeppner, on Jan 5 2007, 03:48 PM, said:

Dave...I am just going to send you the Aero Bed. LOL I think you are going to need it this weekend :drinks:

-CHRIS-

I don't even think I am going to have time to sleep! Buy stock in Red Bull! LOL! :drinks:

(back to work). -db2

#44 pm4610

pm4610

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the very good info on the sound slot!  Hmmm, not sure I would like one as I think I like the lower sound, more solid.   Can't wait for the website and the pricing!

Thanks again!
p

#45 drewspin

drewspin

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15821
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

Dave,

The breadth of your vision for these putters is remarkable.  

Your "Mil Spec" concept is extremely well thought out and provides a degree of customization that simply has never existed before in the putter arena.  I'm curious to understand how you'll be implementing that through retail channels.

I'm sure there is a lot more to come, but each time you post there is a bit more and a bit more and a bit more.   You are in for a very exciting (if exhausting) ride in 2007.

: cheers :

#46 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

View Postpm4610, on Jan 5 2007, 03:55 PM, said:

Thanks for the very good info on the sound slot! Hmmm, not sure I would like one as I think I like the lower sound, more solid. Can't wait for the website and the pricing!

Thanks again!
p

I personally use a non-slotted head. But I was playing around with a slotted version... hell, I'm not going to have any time for golf at this rate! Thx. -db2

View Postdrewspin, on Jan 5 2007, 03:57 PM, said:

Dave,

The breadth of your vision for these putters is remarkable.

Your "Mil Spec" concept is extremely well thought out and provides a degree of customization that simply has never existed before in the putter arena. I'm curious to understand how you'll be implementing that through retail channels.

I'm sure there is a lot more to come, but each time you post there is a bit more and a bit more and a bit more. You are in for a very exciting (if exhausting) ride in 2007.

: cheers :

Thanks Drew. I am humbled by all the positive feedback. My Mil-Spec line probably will be pretty limited edition stuff, as it is time consuming and more expensive to mark all the components (extra set-ups and time on the machines, etc.) and, the finishes are unique to this line, and maybe a little narrower niche... More later and you will understand better. It should be fun though! :) Best, -Dave

#47 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

A little behind the scenes peek at some work in progress out in my garage... M1A milled from copper. Hammer and hand ground points being applied...

_db2

Attached Images

• MP_M1A_cppr_HHP_ip.JPG

#48 drpino

drpino

Hall of Fame

• Marshals
  • 7,982 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15339
  • Handicap:5.0

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

i've been reading this thread for a while and need to speak up - your putters are friggin' amazing.  ty that is all.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

Mizuno MP Craft 425 8.5* + Diamana Kai'li 70S : TM "Tour" R9 3W 15*@13.5* + Motore Speeder VC8.1S : TM "Tour" R9 4W 17*@18* + Motore Speeder VC8.2S

Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H 21* + UST/Mamiya ATTAS Intl Hybrid 100S : PING S55 4-W + Z-Z65 Cushin : Miura 54/14@53 + DGS400 : Titleist Vokey SM5 58.11K + DGW

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 33"/350g@34" + Nippon NS Pro Putter XXIP-D2 & Pistolini : Titleist ProV1x "CAA"

PING Hoofer Vantage White & Red Stitching Blue Piping : Bushnell Tour V2 : Adidas Adicross Gripmore

#49 Mr. Doug

Mr. Doug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7119

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:08 AM

Very nicely done...

I'd love a chance to review one of these.

#50 drewspin

drewspin

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15821
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:42 AM

Posted Image

Better watch your back, Dave -- all those Machine heads could band together, take up ball peen hammers and a stage a rebellion after being tortured like that.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#51 pm4610

pm4610

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:02 AM

That copper is sweet as are all of the others.  Any idea how long it takes for a shiny copper putter head to turn into a head with a dark patina?  Can that process be speeded up?  I would imagine that copper has a softer feel than the 303 stainless, but with the weights one doesn't have to settle for a lighter putter.  There are almost too many choices!  I'm actually hoping that a good portion will be out of my price range so as to limit the number of choices.  Really, not a "dog" in the bunch!

Thanks,
p

#52 golfluvzme

golfluvzme

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 937
  • Ebay ID:golfluvzme
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

ExtraStiff, on Jan 5 2007, 10:44 PM, said:

A little behind the scenes peek at some work in progress out in my garage...  M1A milled from copper.  Hammer and hand ground points being applied...

_db2

Dave,
Being modular, as they are...........this one could concievably wind up with a long neck, correct?   Just putting in my request, early.  LOL
Love that look!  Keep up the incredible stuff, Mr Machine,
LaMont in AZ

#53 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,369 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 07:51 AM

Uh Oh Dave....You just showed me a copper putter.......That is VERY dangerous to my bank account.  Very sweet looking :):)(cool)

Great work as usual :)

-CHRIS-
Posted Image

#54 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:28 AM

[quote name='drpino' post='386939' date='Jan 5 2007, 11:47 PM']
i've been reading this thread for a while and need to speak up - your putters are friggin' amazing. ty that is all.
[/quote]

Ty, Thanks for speaking up! I appreciate it very much. _db2

[quote name='CptTripps' post='386956' date='Jan 6 2007, 12:08 AM']
Very nicely done...

I'd love a chance to review one of these.
[/quote]

CptTripps: Thanks. Current testers are filled up, but new testers are lining up for future models, as we broaden the line. Will keep everyone posted. Thx. _db2

[quote name='drewspin' post='386982' date='Jan 6 2007, 12:42 AM']

Better watch your back, Dave -- all those Machine heads could band together, take up ball peen hammers and a stage a rebellion after being tortured like that.
[/quote]

LOL! But they told me they liked it! Its more like a massage, really. OK, maybe rolfing, but I know they like the polishing part. :)

[quote name='pm4610' post='387000' date='Jan 6 2007, 01:02 AM']
That copper is sweet as are all of the others. Any idea how long it takes for a shiny copper putter head to turn into a head with a dark patina? Can that process be speeded up? I would imagine that copper has a softer feel than the 303 stainless, but with the weights one doesn't have to settle for a lighter putter. There are almost too many choices! I'm actually hoping that a good portion will be out of my price range so as to limit the number of choices. Really, not a "dog" in the bunch!

Thanks,
p
[/quote]

Copper can patina in your hands in a matter of minutes, and hours. Sculptors use various acids, salts, etc. to patina copper and bronze, and also heat can accelerate the process (so artists use torches and patina solutions to really make cool colors, contrasts, etc. I will post some more pictures later to show more range. Copper does feel very soft, but can be altered too by heat treating / annealing. Copper is heavier than 303. The head pictured weighs 335 g without weights or a hosel... _db2

[quote name='golfluvzme' post='387094' date='Jan 6 2007, 06:47 AM']
[quote name='ExtraStiff' post='386938' date='Jan 5 2007, 10:44 PM']
A little behind the scenes peek at some work in progress out in my garage... M1A milled from copper. Hammer and hand ground points being applied...

_db2
[/quote]

Dave,
Being modular, as they are...........this one could concievably wind up with a long neck, correct? Just putting in my request, early. LOL
Love that look! Keep up the incredible stuff, Mr Machine,
LaMont in AZ
[/quote]

Thanks LaMont! Yes, a long neck would pair up real nice with that there head. Yep. Glad you like it. :) db2

[quote name='choeppner' post='387098' date='Jan 6 2007, 06:51 AM']
Uh Oh Dave....You just showed me a copper putter.......That is VERY dangerous to my bank account. Very sweet looking :):):)

Great work as usual :drinks:

-CHRIS-
[/quote]

We may have to organize a thumb wrestling tournament! Llke, the Thumb Bowl, or something. Have to be simpler than the BSC though. LOL!

Thanks everyone. You are all really inspiring me to do and show more. As a matter of fact,

(to be continued...)

-Dave

Edited by ExtraStiff, 06 January 2007 - 09:31 AM.

#55 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:45 AM

Dave,

Copper is heavier...so perhaps good for a belly!  Hmmm   :)

- Jim

Callaway BB Alpha 9*
Callaway BB Pro 16*
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV
Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u
Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

#56 DB MACHINE

DB MACHINE

Tour Winner

• Sponsors
  • 774 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

OK, here's a little "something new, something old."

The putter on the left you all know by now, a M1A MACHINE Putter in 303 ss, slightly melted bumpers with 303 ss Stubby plumber hosel, melted shoulder, all in finishing process and before the morning dew is applied.

The putter on the right is the master for the HOG Retro2 putter. This putter was a collaborative design and milled by hand in FW Texas by the team at Impact Golf Technologies, "back in the day"... It is a morph of a 8802, a Crenshaw version (longer), the Bear's White Fang (blockier) and a little dab of Geo. Low Wizard (slighly more mallet-like), and of course being a HOG, was slightly oversized, and HEAVY. (365 g). A limited edition version of this putter was used by a former #1 player in the world on the Champions (Senior) TOUR, PGA TOUR and at the Masters in a very famous threesome...a few years ago (still pinch myself over that one).

I am thinking of reviving this head too for the MACHINE line, of course adding technologies like VMG, and custom materials and finishes, etc., etc., a few innovations, standard shafts, and maybe putting it a little on a diet..but not too much!

What do you think?

-Dave

Attached Images

• MP_M1A___Retro2_Mstr.JPG

#57 joesgonegolfing

joesgonegolfing

Major Winner

• 1,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9862
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:joesgonegolfing

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

The word is BELLY PUTTERS........................

PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Joe

#58 choeppner

choeppner

MACHINE Putters

• Sponsors
  • 9,369 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:07 AM

LOve the look of the 8802 style Dave :):):)  Very Nice (cool)

And whoever want's to challange me to a thumb match...let me know ;):):idhitit:

-CHRIS-
Posted Image

#59 Rich71691

Rich71691

Enough?

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15239

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

I love the new putters, Could I get some pictures of the face on the 8802 style? Chris, IT'S ON!!!
                        Rich

#60 JGalls

JGalls

Major Winner

• 2,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2519
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:08 AM

WOW!  Each picture keeps getting better and better Dave.

Unreal...

Callaway BB Alpha 9*
Callaway BB Pro 16*
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 20*, X Utility 24*
Callaway Apex Pro 5-P, KBSTourV
Callaway MD2 50s, 54s, 60u
Odyssey Tour Black Series i Long Neck #1

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

toolman

GolfWRX Sponsors