Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shadow Creek?

31 replies to this topic

#31 jerebear21

jerebear21

Don't Go Left

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 338509
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1754

Posted 27 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

BNGL, on 27 November 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Whoa DC this guy plays Lake Nona in Orlando very Wednesday at lunch...he knows luxury accommodations and good golf courses

not this wednesday bud, was out of the office the entire thanksgiving week so had to actually do office work this week.

thehuyhuynhfoundation.com

RogueSz 1w, 3w, 5w
Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i w/tensei pro white tx
Fourteen RM22 53/58
CircleT newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 leejohnkieh

leejohnkieh

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432770
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:jlee7120
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:53 PM

I'll give my experience last September (2017) when a buddy and I went.

We stayed at Aria as we are M Resort card holders and got to play Shadow Creek with the hefty price tag ($500).  We gambled the night before and came up big so this wasn't an issue =).  Cost includes your green fee, caddie fee.  We tipped our driver $10 each way.

They picked us up in the morning in a limo with beverages (water, OJ, sparkling water) for the trip to the course.  The drive there was a bit odd because you're driving through industrial area and we had no idea that the course was what seemed like in the middle of nowhere.  As we approached the property, they had security and a big gate that we had to go through.  Announced our names that we were coming through.  

The front of the clubhouse didn't look spectacular or anything fancy but soon as we entered the building, it was an experience.  We walked through the pro shop and picked up a few souvenirs and headed in the dining room to eat breakfast.  Food was pretty damn good (I had eggs benedict) and the drinks were great as well (mimosa/bloody mary).  Once we were done, we hung out in the locker room and chilled back.  Pretty cool to see all the locker's of names like former President Obama, Tiger, Derek Jeter to name a few.  Had our shoes cleaned prior to heading out to the practice range/putting green with other guests.   Little did we know that this was the last time we'd see another body until our round was finished.

The course itself was immaculate even though we played after they had overseeded (greens were slow).  The rough here is not friendly.  If you want a glimpse of how PGA tour rough is, this is a good example.  Our caddy had hawk eyes for the few times we missed the fairway.  Watching "The Match" brought up those memories of each hole.

After our round was done, we were free to relax and hangout at the clubhouse until we were ready to leave.  They have everything you need to shower up/wash up after your round.   We ended up tipping our caddie generously and he gave us some cool goodies (bag tag, towels, ball markers) to take with us before we left.  The caddie definitely made the round fun with all his stories.

I'd play here again sometime in the future purely for the experience.  It was like none other.
Team NIKE
Titleist TS3 8.5 - Atmos Black Tour Spec 7X
Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - DG TI AMT X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
My WITB
Member at Tacoma Country & Golf Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users