Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What's happened to Game Golf Pro?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Shrinkwr4p

Shrinkwr4p

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 241841
  • Joined: 03/30/2013
  • Location:Scotland
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

First read about it in March when Golf Digest forecast an April release. Since then nothing.  Anyone any idea what's gone wrong?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
  • Joined: 12/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

My guess is some hardware issue. They told me that they expect to have it ready for the market in January.

2

#3 NoCaution

NoCaution

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 359029
  • Joined: 01/22/2015
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:01 AM

LOL, it's a joke at this point. I emailed them when my series 4 Apple Watch didn't run the GG app last month. I also asked about GG Pro and was ASSURED that I'd get an email inviting me to try it in November. If I didn't have over 260 rounds on GG, I'd jump ship. It's embarrassing that they don't just fess up to whatever is wrong. Either admit that you've over promised and release what you've got, or scrap it and move on. At this point, will anyone who's been watching this unfold actually trust the thing to work when it does eventually drop?
I'd certainly hate to be left out of the "WITB signature" thingy, so...

Cobra F8 Tour Length Driver 9.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0
Cobra F8 3 Wood 14.5° - Hzrdus Black 65 6.0, 3/4 inch short
Cobra F8 4 Hybrid 22° - UST Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap Black F4, 1/2 inch short
Taylormade P790 5-AW Irons - KBS Tour FLT 120 S, 1/4 inch short
Edel 54°, 58°, and 62° Wedges - KBS Hi-Rev, with various mods and adjustments
Custom Black Machine M20 Putter - Matte Black Shaft and Skull Edition Superstroke Pistol GT Tour Grip
Bridgestone B330 RX Balls (or e6 if I start to lose too many that day)
Ogio Silencer bag for riding/pushcart or Jones Original bag for carrying
Bagboy Triswivel II for my fat @$$ to walk more
All clubs besides putter have MCC +4 standard grips, with the "Align" version on driver and fairway
Custom VW GTI plaid seat headcovers and towel
Asher Death Wish glove, obnoxious purple pants with a bright green belt, and a pentagram ball marker to irritate the old men who take everything WAY too seriously

3

#4 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2082

Posted 23 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Seems they announced Game Golf Pro to slow down sales of their competitors products and weren't ready to deliver.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

4

#5 Green Valley

Green Valley

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106187
  • Joined: 04/12/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 25 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

GAME GOLF = A JOKE. Possibly the worse thing I've ever bought.


5

#6 larrybud

larrybud

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Joined: 10/31/2006
  • Location:Rochester Hills, MI
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4362

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:46 AM

 Green Valley, on 25 November 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

GAME GOLF = A JOKE. Possibly the worse thing I've ever bought.

c'mon now, that's pretty harsh.  What don't you like about it?

I like the hardware for GG, but they need to dedicate more time to their website.  Their strokes gained is useless, because it depends on other user's data, and looking at many people who I'm friends with on there, the user's don't really update their rounds properly.

For example, If you forget to tag a tap in putt, there's an option to add a shot.  Fine and dandy, but it will take the shot before it, and divide that length in two.

If you have a 30' putt, and then added a tap in, it would turn that into two 15' putts, and it would show the 15' putt as holed.  If the user doesn't correct that info, that data is used for SG.  

They need to compare it to PGA Tour averages.  Maybe that data is SG proprietary, so they can't do that, but that's the limitation on the product and data.

The other thing is there's no way to download your data.  Ridiculous!

6

#7 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
  • Joined: 09/06/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2082

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

 larrybud, on 26 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

 Green Valley, on 25 November 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

GAME GOLF = A JOKE. Possibly the worse thing I've ever bought.

c'mon now, that's pretty harsh.  What don't you like about it?

I like the hardware for GG, but they need to dedicate more time to their website.  Their strokes gained is useless, because it depends on other user's data, and looking at many people who I'm friends with on there, the user's don't really update their rounds properly.

For example, If you forget to tag a tap in putt, there's an option to add a shot.  Fine and dandy, but it will take the shot before it, and divide that length in two.

If you have a 30' putt, and then added a tap in, it would turn that into two 15' putts, and it would show the 15' putt as holed.  If the user doesn't correct that info, that data is used for SG.  

They need to compare it to PGA Tour averages.  Maybe that data is SG proprietary, so they can't do that, but that's the limitation on the product and data.

The other thing is there's no way to download your data.  Ridiculous!

Not being able to download your data is a real problem, it basically forces you to remain on their platform or forego access to your data.
Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
Woods - XXIO 10 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB

7

#8 RSinSG

RSinSG

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Joined: 03/10/2014
  • Location:St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2051

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

I’ve been watching for it since this time last year. Similar to the Clicgear 5 that was announced but is MIA.
Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
Ping Glide 60* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf

https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

8

#9 g-off

g-off

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139544
  • Joined: 09/20/2011
  • Handicap:16.9
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 27 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

still no fix with the latest mac update, have to transfer via bluetooth to iPhone ,then transfer to laptop, was assured last month they were working on a fix that still hasn't been addressed.  Liked it for the information, hate some parts of the platform.
fusion 10.5
fusion 5 wood
king f8 one length
hogan bettinardi bhb 11 hk

always hoing the next best thing

9

#10 RSinSG

RSinSG

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 300931
  • Joined: 03/10/2014
  • Location:St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2051

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:36 PM

 g-off, on 27 November 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

still no fix with the latest mac update, have to transfer via bluetooth to iPhone ,then transfer to laptop, was assured last month they were working on a fix that still hasn't been addressed.  Liked it for the information, hate some parts of the platform.

?

I'm still on the classic version and have no issues with my Mac. Running Mojave 10.14. Is there a problem with a newer OS version that i haven't updated to yet?

Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
Ping G30 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
Ping Glide 60* LW
Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or) Scotty Cameron Fastback
Gamegolf

https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 dcmidnight

dcmidnight

    Major Winner

  • Marshals
  • 3,384 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18357
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
  • Location:NH native stuck in Northern Virginia
  • Handicap:6.1

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:36 AM

 larrybud, on 26 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I like the hardware for GG, but they need to dedicate more time to their website.  Their strokes gained is useless, because it depends on other user's data, and looking at many people who I'm friends with on there, the user's don't really update their rounds properly.

But you've/we've/I've been saying this for YEARS now. I gave up GG two years ago. Was so sick of the lack of updates and improvements in the data usability, I walked away. Checked the site last night after reading this thread. Aside from a couple of visual differences, its *exactly* the same.

How can *nothing* functionally have changed in two years?

Just for kicks I was checking back in the old thread and literally you and I have had this conversation going back two years lol.
M3 9.5 - AD-DI6x Black
M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW - Steelfiber 110s
TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5

11

#12 specialed305

specialed305

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 357221
  • Joined: 01/09/2015
  • Location:Miami FL
  • Handicap:14.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hey everyone,

I used GG when it was first released but I could never remember to tap the device on my belt. Also if you are traveling you had to lug around a laptop to download your data from the belt device and upload to see anything. It became to much of a chore and I jumped ship. I switched to Arccos in the crowd funding stage and although I’m not to keen on having to have my iPhone in my pocket it’s much more hands off. They have added the caddie feature and seem to be working on a phone substitute. All in all it’s not shot link but it’s helped me play better golf. Since I started seeing the data my handicap has been cut by six strokes. Knowing where I was dropping shots, what I neeed to improve and fixing the gaps in my bag were invaluable. There is another system out where it can even record swing characteristics per shot. More cool things to come in the future...you have to roll with it or get left behind.

Cheers,

E
Driver---------------Callaway Rogué Sub Zero (9*) , Kuro Kage XT 60G TX , 45"
3Wood--------------Callaway Big Bertha Mini (14*) Kuro Kage Black 60G S, 44""
5Wood--------------Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5*) Kuro Kage Black 70G S, 41.75"
Hybrid---------------Cobra F7 (21.5*)
Irons-----------------Callaway Apex Pro 16 (5-PW) with Project X 6.0
Wedges-------------Callaway MD3, 50*, 55*, 60* with Project X PXI 6.0
Putter----------------Scotty Camaron California Coronado 34"

12

#13 larrybud

larrybud

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Joined: 10/31/2006
  • Location:Rochester Hills, MI
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 4362

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

 dcmidnight, on 29 November 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

 larrybud, on 26 November 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

I like the hardware for GG, but they need to dedicate more time to their website.  Their strokes gained is useless, because it depends on other user's data, and looking at many people who I'm friends with on there, the user's don't really update their rounds properly.

But you've/we've/I've been saying this for YEARS now. I gave up GG two years ago. Was so sick of the lack of updates and improvements in the data usability, I walked away. Checked the site last night after reading this thread. Aside from a couple of visual differences, its *exactly* the same.

How can *nothing* functionally have changed in two years?

Just for kicks I was checking back in the old thread and literally you and I have had this conversation going back two years lol.

Yeah, I didn't use mine much this year, then the battery clip broke again.  They sent me a new one... better design, but I'm not getting anything new from it.

13



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors