Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Amazing Golf trip to Tellico Lake

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 547

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:17 PM

I just had my very first golf trip to Tellico Lake area in Tennessee.. Weather was great (Around 58 degrees Sunny, and 1-2 mph wind)

Group of us (8 total) had a weekend trip and played

Friday (Avalon Country Club)
Saturday (Rarity Country Club)
Sunday (WindRiver Country Club)

Amazing trip..  Had lots of fun..

Avalon - Crazy fast on the green, since it was the first time playing the course, it took a long time to get adjusted..
Rarity Country Club - The Best course I've played..  Every hole had a beautiful view..  Medium speed Greens..
WindRiver Country Club - Least favorite..Seems all the holes are carved on side of the hill..  Very hilly, many blind shots..  Very long distances between holes (It would be impossible to walk this course)  Even though we were on carts and we were able to drive on the grass, still unenjoyable some of the time..

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 dt1123

dt1123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321497
  • Handicap:1.4
  • Ebay ID:dustin.b.turner23
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 24 November 2018 - 10:31 AM

View Post8602081, on 19 November 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

I just had my very first golf trip to Tellico Lake area in Tennessee.. Weather was great (Around 58 degrees Sunny, and 1-2 mph wind)

Avalon - Crazy fast on the green, since it was the first time playing the course, it took a long time to get adjusted..
Rarity Country Club - The Best course I've played..  Every hole had a beautiful view..  Medium speed Greens..
WindRiver Country Club - Least favorite..Seems all the holes are carved on side of the hill..  Very hilly, many blind shots..  Very long distances between holes (It would be impossible to walk this course)  Even though we were on carts and we were able to drive on the grass, still unenjoyable some of the time..

Interesting feedback.  I'm from that area and have played these courses many times.  I haven't lived there in years, but the family is still there.

I was unaware that Avalon was back open.  I will have to look into it the next time I'm around there.  That course has kicked my butt many times.

Rarity Country Club?  Do you mean Rarity Bay?  Absolutely beautiful course.  That's actually where I've posted my career best.

I definitely understand why some folks don't like WindRiver, but its one of my favorites for sure.  I'm a glutton for punishment so playing it from the tips is a brutal, fun test.
  • Titleist TS2 - 8.5
  • Titleist 917F2 - 15*
  • Titleist 915H - 2,3
  • Titleist 718 CB 4-6
  • Titleist 718 MB 7-9
  • Titleist Vokey 46, 52, 60
  • Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Del Mar

#3 8602081

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2384
GolfWRX Likes : 547

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

View Postdt1123, on 24 November 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

View Post8602081, on 19 November 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Interesting feedback.  I'm from that area and have played these courses many times.  I haven't lived there in years, but the family is still there.

I was unaware that Avalon was back open.  I will have to look into it the next time I'm around there.  That course has kicked my butt many times.

Rarity Country Club?  Do you mean Rarity Bay?  Absolutely beautiful course.  That's actually where I've posted my career best.

I definitely understand why some folks don't like WindRiver, but its one of my favorites for sure.  I'm a glutton for punishment so playing it from the tips is a brutal, fun test.

My mistake..    Yes, Rarity Bay Country club.. (Stunning view)..

We played Avalon Country Club on Friday.. I've heard that WindRiver changed ownership several times..  That Course also did not show up on most of the players GPS nor PGA Handicapp..  Do you know what the name used to be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors