Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What is "great"?

33 replies to this topic

#31 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:18 AM

View Postdarter79, on 28 November 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 27 November 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Repeat the following until you start to believe it…there is no such thing as elite junior athletes…there is no such thing as elite junior athletes…

yeah I'm going to highly disagree. Did you ever watch LeBron play in HS? or younger? Tiger? Go watch Barry highlights from HS. There are elite junior athletes across all sports.

4 million kids born in the US every year and you name two that became elite athletes from different generations.  I guess if you throw enough s*** at a wall someone's going to call it art.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 darter79

darter79

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 367

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:38 AM

View Postleezer99, on 28 November 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

View Postdarter79, on 28 November 2018 - 09:32 AM, said:

View Postleezer99, on 27 November 2018 - 08:10 PM, said:

Repeat the following until you start to believe it…there is no such thing as elite junior athletes…there is no such thing as elite junior athletes…

yeah I'm going to highly disagree. Did you ever watch LeBron play in HS? or younger? Tiger? Go watch Barry highlights from HS. There are elite junior athletes across all sports.

4 million kids born in the US every year and you name two that became elite athletes from different generations.  I guess if you throw enough s*** at a wall someone's going to call it art.

Well it was 3 but....

Now are there elite athletes under 10 I’m gonna go with nope not even close.

#33 Shades234

Shades234

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446016
  • Handicap:0.3
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

View Postleezer99, on 27 November 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

So what set the mad scientist apart from the rest of the fields he played against?

He had above average length off the tee and a really good short game. Led to him shooting low scores more consistently than anyone else in our area. But that doesn't take you to the PGA tour. He had (and has) insane work ethic. His dad was the head pro of a golf course out in Madera (Riverbend, now Dragonfly) and Bryson was always there working on his game. He didn't play any other sport than golf up until he gave volleyball a chance as a senior in highschool. Not sure why he played volleyball since it was the same season as golf, but maybe he was treating his senior season as a victory lap since he had already been signed to go play for SMU the next fall.

His personality seems pretty similar now to what it was then. After a match in 8th grade where I was in his group, he shook my mom's hand and thanked her for coming out to watch him. lol

His mental game was vulnerable in highschool and he played very emotionally. Tears were shed on multiple occasions even after he had won a tournament because he didn't play as well as he wanted to. I think the SMU coach was great for him from a mental game standpoint.

#34 leezer99

leezer99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 1008

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostShades234, on 29 November 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

After a match in 8th grade where I was in his group, he shook my mom's hand and thanked her for coming out to watch him.

Ok, I love this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors