Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Worst Shot You Ever Had

70 replies to this topic

#61 CasualLie

CasualLie

Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99500
GolfWRX Likes : 500

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:44 PM

Ian Baker Finch!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 ode1

ode1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
GolfWRX Likes : 621

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Lateral rights for almost a year.....ugh, I couldn't quit.  Played fwy woods thru an 11 wood and made myself a set of hybrid irons 6-pw, and played a standard GW and SW.  Those were some troubling times lol.  But damn those hybrid irons were so easy to hit and were money out of the rough.  I decided to switch back the following year and never had any sustained issues with that shot again.  My favorite shot was with the 7h, which was about my 155 club, but I could hit a punch cut all the way from 125-145 that stopped on a dime!

Edited by ode1, 10 February 2019 - 10:09 AM.

#63 callawayjay

callawayjay

Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107900
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:callawayjay
GolfWRX Likes : 786

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:51 PM

Not a single shot per se, but wet thin brown bare winter grass allows me to put quite an impressive run of shanks back to back to back.

#64 balata9999

balata9999

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3474
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

Our course used to have granite hole number signs that showed the yardage and general layout of the holes and so forth. They were typically between the cart paths and the tees - between the back and middle tees. It was pretty wide open layout without trees or anything. I remember once on the twelfth hole that was 425 yards I hit a line drive right off of the post of the sign, which being solid granite propelled the ball backwards over the 11th green into the rough on the 10th leaving me about 180 yards behind where I started on the tee. Had about 600yds for my second shot into the hole. It was definitely the worst shot on paper and probably by a “strokes gained” number haha.

#65 @_the_crook

@_the_crook

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118828
GolfWRX Likes : 393

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:43 AM

par three about 220 at one of our regular haunts  good sized approach area. big green. left and ahead of the pin is squirrley rough. very left is a trap.
the right side has a hill running the full length of the hole, about thirty feet high, tall fescue, graded about fifty degrees with a flat top six feet across.
bad enough to land in that crud, though sometimes a good bounce will send it down a bit toward the path at the base.
nope. I crank one so stiff I'm at the top like Edmund Hilary at Everest.
at times one of our guys will miss low on that hill but every time we're there I know they are looking at me to see if I'm going for a hike.

currently playing:
Steelhead III - D
Warbirds, 3+, 4
Hogan BH-5, 3-PW
Wilson DynaPowered SW
Ping Anser
it works

when I need a change, there are 12 bags full to choose from .

#66 MelloYello

MelloYello

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 152687
GolfWRX Likes : 1444

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:30 AM

Okay....I think I have it.

I was going through a real weird period a few years ago. I was swinging kind of like Annika and Duval where they look ahead of the ball during impact. This occurred as a result of practicing without a ball, actually. I was making tons of practice swings at home thinking I was practicing but I really just developed this weird habit.

Sometimes I did hit it great, but I would occasionally shank it as I looked ahead and spun out of the shot. So for a couple months my game was just horrid.

Fast forward to one round where I was walking 9-holes. It was probably a weekend. I was coming up the 2nd hole and during a lay-up on a Par-5 I hit a cold shank. Okay, that's not the bad shot. Just saying...the round was kind of crap.

So eventually I make it to #6 which is a Par-3. I tee up a 6-iron and flush it. Beautiful tight little drawn to a center pin. Couldn't see exactly what happened but I get up there and it's in the cup. Fantastic...my first (and only) hole in one.

So I go to the next hole, #7, a par-5. Can't remember what happened. Who even cares, right?

Anyhow, I catch up to a guy who's practicing and he lets me through so we're both standing on #8 tee which is another Par-3. He asks how I'm hitting them and of course I tell him about my hole-in-one. He congratulates me and I tee one up.

I swing and BOOM...a cold shank into the trees. Okay...whatever...tee it up again and redeem yourself cowboy...

...so I tee another up and BOOM...another cold shank into the trees.

I can't imagine what that guy probably thought. If that's not the most f'd up 9-holes I've ever played I don't know what is.
Driver: TaylorMade M3 (10.50)
Fairway: TaylorMade M3 (170)
Hybrid:
Tour Edge Exotics E8 (190)
Irons: Titleist 716 T-MB (4-5), MB (6-P)
Wedges: Vokey SM6  52.12 (F)  /  56.14 (F)  /  60.10 (S)
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball Red

#67 callawayjay

callawayjay

Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107900
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:callawayjay
GolfWRX Likes : 786

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

In a tournament on a par three, a playing partner Hits a shot and itís possible it could be in the range OB. He hits a provisional and jars it. Walking up to the green he steps on his first shot in the rough, so he has to play that one. A chunk, skull, chunk 2 putt 6.

#68 RandyMatheny

RandyMatheny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455988
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:randym0077
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

I drove a par 4 once and 4 putted

The funniest shot was a hole with water on the left (lake oconee) and there was a guy in a boat. I hit a hook into the lake in his direction and everyone in my group yelled “fore in the boat”

#69 geno4952

geno4952

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406836
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Ok.... working as an assistant pro at a local private club I'm on the 6th hole, par 3 of 130 yds with large elevation change from tee to green,playing beat the pro during a member guest, I had never done it before so I was a bit nervous... so the players place their bets... maybe 20 bucks each and if they get closer to the hole than my shot they get it doubled in a pro shop gift cert. So I tee up a ball and proceed to cold shank it across the fairway of the adjacent par 5 and the ball ended going farther than it would have if I hit the green... really embarrassing.

Doing the same thing on the same hole the following summer this group comes to the tee a member and his 3 guests... they all place their bets and the member (who had a mid to high 6 figure income) declines to bet... so I hit a good shot to maybe 6 or 8 feet one of the three guests beats me the other 2 don't... so the member gets up and .. you guessed it... knocks one in the hole.... talk about embarrassed... they were still breaking his balls at dinner 3 or 4 hours later, telling anyone that would listen how cheap he was.. he never declined to bet again as long as I worked there anyway.....
Now Playing.... backup bag No.2

TM R7  10.5*   driver
TM 200 series  3 wood
Callaway Heaven Wood
1987 Ping Eye 2 Black dot 3-PW
Ping Eye 2  sw
Ping Eye 2  lw
Ping Kushin putter ...(changes often)

Peace

#70 Jacob37

Jacob37

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 521948
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:05 PM

Playing the 18th, right in front of the clubhouse.  I thought i grabbed my 9 iron but grabbed my 8 instead.  I needed to get on the 9 pretty good but hitting the 8 like i did i bouced it right at the tin covered cart area at the front door and i swear if bouced off every cart under there and into the tin roof 3 or 4 times.  Itís was a disaster and then 3-4 guys came out wondering what the heck just happened.  It was embarrassing   I didnít even go get that ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 DavidDJr

DavidDJr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381000
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

Playing competitive golf, easy par 4, had 160 left sitting in the middle of the fairway, pulled my 9 iron, shanked it dead right into some trees, found the ball...just past an OB stake....🤬

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors