Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Yes

32 replies to this topic

#31 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 7448

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostTigerMom, on 14 November 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 14 November 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostTigerMom, on 14 November 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

View Postiteachgolf, on 14 November 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

View PostTigerMom, on 14 November 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

You cannot be (naturally) slow and small and uncoordinated and make it sorry

Have to be outstanding in at least two and at worst average in third: size/strength, speed/agility, coordination/skill

Itís the same in most sports

You teach top players - why you argue with this?

Speed/agility/ coordination can be taught and are learned skills. Nobody is born knowing how to walk let alone run/skate.   Plenty of top lacrosse players are smaller than 5í10.  Best attack and Defenseman on my brothers D1 team were both 5í7, the attack was maybe 140lbs.   Iíve been a professional in 2 different sports and am 5í7.

Yes I do teach top players and genetics have very little to do with their success.  Youíre trying to make excuses why kids fail and your doing so before they even have a chance.

There are innate aptitudes for everything

Just because you can become proficient at something through hard work doesnít mean you can become really great

The best athletes have great genes and work really hard too

How can someone with less natural ability compete with someone who was ďborn with itĒ and busts butte

This is not controversial

Except that the things you claim people are born with arenít genetic. They are learned.  

Running fast and big size are not learned

Even strength has limitations

Running reasonably fast is learned.  And again big size isnít necessary.  The average collegiate lacrosse player is 5í11 and 185lbs.  UNCís top scorer in school history is 5í5.  One of Villanovaís top players  in last decade was 5í4 and 140lbs.  Itís obvious you donít understand the game at all.  Again my brother was a top lacrosse player in the state of FL and was 5í9 and 175lbs in high school.  And heís actually quite slow running. He understands the game and is almost always in the right place at the right time and won 88% of his face offs his senior season.  He learned to be skillful but is not a great athlete.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2305

Posted 14 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

View Postkekoa, on 14 November 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Show of hands.  

Lets say your junior was smart and an absolute phenom in golf?  How many of you would send them to an Ivy league school? Harvard, Yale, etc....   Note that Stanford isn't Ivy League.

I would not.  Not to get political, but Ivy League schools tend to indoctrinate kids into beliefs that I don’t agree with.

#33 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 407

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 14 November 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

View Postkekoa, on 14 November 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Show of hands.  

Lets say your junior was smart and an absolute phenom in golf?  How many of you would send them to an Ivy league school? Harvard, Yale, etc....   Note that Stanford isn't Ivy League.

I would not.  Not to get political, but Ivy League schools tend to indoctrinate kids into beliefs that I don’t agree with.

As an Ivy League alum, never saw any of this, both at the university I went to and among friends I had at the others.

Edited by theboypinoy, 14 November 2018 - 07:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors