Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Need help on this Betti?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cooneyj1818

cooneyj1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440240
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:cooneyj1818
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:24 AM

Sooo been cruising around on eBay while working night work and came across this putter. Iím extremely intrigued however I canít find anything about what it may be.  Tried doing some research and unfortunately came up empty handed. Any experts out there can tell me if this is real? Actully tour stock or something else? Any help would be much appreciated.

https://www.ebay.com...p-/323533778446

Edited by cooneyj1818, 09 November 2018 - 07:27 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 justasgood

justasgood

Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1776

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

Nice Raw Bettinardi. Thanks for the heads up!😎

#3 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

2018 Player of the Year

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
  • Ebay ID:hrfdez1966
GolfWRX Likes : 921

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

View Postcooneyj1818, on 09 November 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

Sooo been cruising around on eBay while working night work and came across this putter. Iím extremely intrigued however I canít find anything about what it may be.  Tried doing some research and unfortunately came up empty handed. Any experts out there can tell me if this is real? Actully tour stock or something else? Any help would be much appreciated.

Never ask those questions around here and never post an auction link.
PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXGís
Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009

ďCheck your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct TeesĒ

#4 justasgood

justasgood

Without Tempo, you are just a hacker.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212517
  • Handicap:I.Q.
  • Ebay ID:klccsam
GolfWRX Likes : 1776

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostGolfer4Life, on 09 November 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Exactly. I was just kidding. I would never snipe a fellow wrxer but I am sure some would.

Good luck! It looks really nice.

#5 trying2scratch

trying2scratch

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203751
GolfWRX Likes : 219

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:44 AM

Looks like it could have been a test sample for the BB series BB8 or something perhaps?  The engraving is slightly different but in the same locations and face milling looks different as well.  Cavity depth and bumpers are shaped a little different too.

Could have been one that didn't make the quality control cut or just a test batch and walked out of the shop.  Pure speculation, but without a COA I wouldn't trust it was a "Tour Stock" from just the shaft band.  

Who knows but guessing the bidding will be going up now that you posted here.  If it didn't have a flange line I would bid for sure :)

#6 cooneyj1818

cooneyj1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:59 AM

View PostGolfer4Life, on 09 November 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

Fair enough. Initialy had reserves about posting on here but was looking for some help trying to figure out whether this was a good purchase or not (legit or fake really). I have no doubt that I have opened this a lot more bidding by posting it on here. Lesson learned but didnít really expect it to stay where it was anyway. Oh well. Hopefully I still have a chance. If not im sure the seller will thank me. Anyway appreciate the responses.

Edited by cooneyj1818, 09 November 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#7 Skaffa77

Skaffa77

No place like the Sand Hills!

• 6,495 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23067
  • Ebay ID:Skaffa77
GolfWRX Likes : 560

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:38 PM

Suspect it's legit Bettinardi...raw finish (assuming Carbon Steel).  I recall seeing prior iterations of BB8's with a similar angular cavity and milled Bettinardi in the cavity, Bettinardi B on the face and neck/bumper profile.  Blank sole...would assume it is a Tour Stock as most of the other OTR Bettinardi series usually have some type of milled markings on the sole.  I could be wrong, but I feel like this might have originally been sold with some type of finish which was stripped and then left raw...but I could be wrong.  I've seen the occassional "raw" Bettinardis available right from the factory or distributor, but most have some type of finish.

It has it's fair share of dings and wear...(neck, sole)...personally, without knowing the headweight or a COA (to know what was done by the prior owner(s)), I wouldn't pay much more than the current bid price.  Just my $0.02.

#8 PutterGuy6136

PutterGuy6136

• 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 487514
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Could be from an old distributor.  Tour Stock Putters use to be a Bettinardi distributor.

#9 cooneyj1818

cooneyj1818

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostSkaffa77, on 09 November 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Suspect it's legit Bettinardi...raw finish (assuming Carbon Steel).  I recall seeing prior iterations of BB8's with a similar angular cavity and milled Bettinardi in the cavity, Bettinardi B on the face and neck/bumper profile.  Blank sole...would assume it is a Tour Stock as most of the other OTR Bettinardi series usually have some type of milled markings on the sole.  I could be wrong, but I feel like this might have originally been sold with some type of finish which was stripped and then left raw...but I could be wrong.  I've seen the occassional "raw" Bettinardis available right from the factory or distributor, but most have some type of finish.

It has it's fair share of dings and wear...(neck, sole)...personally, without knowing the headweight or a COA (to know what was done by the prior owner(s)), I wouldn't pay much more than the current bid price.  Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the reply!  Yea everything your saying is pretty much what I discovered while looking through forums and different websites last night. Appreciate your help.

View PostPutterGuy6136, on 09 November 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Could be from an old distributor.  Tour Stock Putters use to be a Bettinardi distributor.

Thanks for reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors