Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Yururi pdg or kyoei mb


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

Are these worth the money? Which ones have yall played and can give me some feedback, I currently game Mizuno mp-18 mb 4-pw (us version)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

    European Tailored Golf Socks

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
  • Joined: 01/14/2014
  • Location:Orange County
GolfWRX Likes : 2555

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:19 PM

They are made by the same company; Kyoei. You can't go wrong with either. Can't go wrong with what you're playing either
Wyoming Cowboys

WITB
PRGR Nabla RS02M43S
PRGR Nabla 18 M43S
Masda Fast Blades 5-P Nippon 120S
EON TW15 52/58 Nippon Wedge S
Piretti Matera
MacGregor VIP Heads 2-P Welded/Copper Finish
Miura Baby Blades
1-P

2

#3 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 3196

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

View PostKingcat990, on 07 November 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

They are made by the same company; Kyoei. You can't go wrong with either. Can't go wrong with what you're playing either

+1

OP, I have a set of Yururi's - I love them.  They are a nice conversation piece.  What you have right now are just as good.

Edited by ebrasmus21, 07 November 2018 - 11:25 PM.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

3

#4 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:54 AM

I love my Mizuno, Im just a club ho, I love japan, so I want to buy a set, and those two look the best to me

4

#5 sacmiman

sacmiman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41936
  • Joined: 11/07/2007
  • Location:Des Moines, IA
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:10 PM

Hi Beast,

I have the original Kyoei MB and I love them. What the other members have said is true. To me they are the softest iron (when hit well) that I have personally ever played. That being said, I have never hit another JDM product. I have had a few sets of Mizuno irons and I think they are softer feeling than Mizuno. What I like best about the MB's and why I bought them is the grind. It is as billed. They have a low bounce all the way through the set, I think the pitching wedge is only 5° just like the new MB, but the grind allows to really attack without worrying about digging in too deep. I know the original MB is no longer being made but it sounds like the new MB, not the prototype MB, has a very similar if not exact same grind. I debated about the Yururi as well but ended up going Kyoei due to the grind. I hope this helps.


5

#6 ian-500

ian-500

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139631
  • Joined: 09/21/2011
  • Location:Weymouth, UK
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

I've tried the Mizuno 18's and TM P730's at a fitting and thought the P730's were better feeling for me.....Kyoei should be another level :)
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Fourteen UT716 16*/21*/26* + Diamana Thump/Tour AD, 40"/41"/42" MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58*, Black Gold x, Superstroke.
Putter: Rife Barbados island.

6

#7 tsupo

tsupo

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

original kyoei mb in  chrome and in raw
raw are very pretty, they rust super easy so look after them well.dont  store them im humid  envions without a coat  of .. .  I like corrosion X  every 4-6 weeks.  really  des the trick .

slghtly larger longer blades  than  'usual "  but they are very  sharp.... a very edgey look.
ball spin was exreme I fond and distance was  short.but blades  are not made wth distance in mind.

heres my pw

if u  are after afew otherJapanese  Mbs  isugget u look at

honma tw 717m   +  727m
masda mb
miuraism  sb-01


the mp 18s are the set  im keen on trying,   i only saw  them a few weeks ago,lines on them  look superb!

the above sets will reallyinterest you if u like themp18s  I assure you.
there is no "better "than the other here.ihave ll oft e above and they are all excellent.

pm me if u want more info, happy to help fellow mb players! .

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20181109_101803.jpg
  • 20181109_101749.jpg
  • 20181107_132037.jpg

Edited by tsupo, 08 November 2018 - 08:25 PM.

jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs
solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x
(prgr egg 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)
(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)
(modart 18* ute--crazy ut 75s)
(honma di 21*--NS125s)
prgr- tr500cu--NS2g18x ss
fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s
tourstage x-01z


"im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".

7

#8 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:59 AM

View Posttsupo, on 08 November 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

original kyoei mb in  chrome and in raw
raw are very pretty, they rust super easy so look after them well.dont  store them im humid  envions without a coat  of .. .  I like corrosion X  every 4-6 weeks.  really  des the trick .

slghtly larger longer blades  than  'usual "  but they are very  sharp.... a very edgey look.
ball spin was exreme I fond and distance was  short.but blades  are not made wth distance in mind.

heres my pw

if u  are after afew otherJapanese  Mbs  isugget u look at

honma tw 717m   +  727m
masda mb
miuraism  sb-01


the mp 18s are the set  im keen on trying,   i only saw  them a few weeks ago,lines on them  look superb!

the above sets will reallyinterest you if u like themp18s  I assure you.
there is no "better "than the other here.ihave ll oft e above and they are all excellent.

pm me if u want more info, happy to help fellow mb players! .

Those honmas look nice, might have to give those a look

8

#9 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

    European Tailored Golf Socks

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
  • Joined: 01/14/2014
  • Location:Orange County
GolfWRX Likes : 2555

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

Tsupo is the only known living soul that owns a set of SB-01's.

The Masda's are a good look as well if you're looking for MB samples. Since we are on the topic, check out the Mystery offerings. Beautiful beautiful stuff. Very similar to the kyoeis youre looking at
Wyoming Cowboys

WITB
PRGR Nabla RS02M43S
PRGR Nabla 18 M43S
Masda Fast Blades 5-P Nippon 120S
EON TW15 52/58 Nippon Wedge S
Piretti Matera
MacGregor VIP Heads 2-P Welded/Copper Finish
Miura Baby Blades
1-P

9

#10 Bogey London

Bogey London

    Mr.

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458694
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:New York City
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

I played Yururi MB PDG for more than 1 year. It is soft, spin much but the notable thing is that you lose distance from 1/2 - 1 club length compared to other JDMs or US made golf brands.

"There are three ways of going to hell: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
(President De Gaulle)
------

Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5*

Fairway wood - Honma TW727 15*

Rescue - Titliest 816 18*

Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60

Putter - Itobori

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ebrasmus21

ebrasmus21

    Serial Shanker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250392
  • Joined: 05/13/2013
  • Location:CA
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 3196

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:28 PM

View PostBogey London, on 09 November 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

I played Yururi MB PDG for more than 1 year. It is soft, spin much but the notable thing is that you lose distance from 1/2 - 1 club length compared to other JDMs or US made golf brands.

+1

I would say that my Yururi's were 1 club short.  Still, nothing quite like flushing one.  Really amazing feel.
G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Scotty Circa '62 No. 2
Snell MTB Black

11

#12 puresurfr

puresurfr

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14116
  • Joined: 04/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 277

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:07 AM

I love my Kyoei MBs....played the Miuraism SB01 and SB02, I know they are rare and special but I didn't get along with them....I do miss my Honma Bullet back irons though, those were a really soft Japanese blade.

12

#13 tsupo

tsupo

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:31 PM

yururi raw are 1/2-1  club short indeed but  to be reminded  of how  nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.

oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it  and  I  was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme
seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.
the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off.  and iis razor sharp,  lines look like  a  razaor blade.
  spin control is via  landing  and moving , rather than  moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the  longer head shape.
honmas  are much easier.
but the bite u  get  is ahhhhhhhhhh.....  its addictive seriosuly!

def shorter   tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.

Edited by tsupo, 11 November 2018 - 07:33 PM.

jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs
solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x
(prgr egg 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)
(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)
(modart 18* ute--crazy ut 75s)
(honma di 21*--NS125s)
prgr- tr500cu--NS2g18x ss
fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s
tourstage x-01z


"im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".

13

#14 Beast10

Beast10

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461422
  • Joined: 03/31/2017
  • Location:Texas
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

View Posttsupo, on 11 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

yururi raw are 1/2-1  club short indeed but  to be reminded  of how  nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.

oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it  and  I  was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme
seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.
the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off.  and iis razor sharp,  lines look like  a  razaor blade.
  spin control is via  landing  and moving , rather than  moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the  longer head shape.
honmas  are much easier.
but the bite u  get  is ahhhhhhhhhh.....  its addictive seriosuly!

def shorter   tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.
You think Id lose some distance coming from my Mizuno mp-18 6 iron goes about 185

14

#15 chiromikey

chiromikey

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132936
  • Joined: 07/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostBeast10, on 12 November 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

View Posttsupo, on 11 November 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

yururi raw are 1/2-1  club short indeed but  to be reminded  of how  nice they are I took the PW out this weekend.

oh my lorrrrd.. I have an NS 2f15 xs prototype in it  and  I  was just addicted to its feel. spin is extreme
seriously amazing feel ,unlike most others its something by itself.
the lack of distance will prob put a few guys off.  and iis razor sharp,  lines look like  a  razaor blade.
  spin control is via  landing  and moving , rather than  moving laterally in te air , its harder to close/ open the face bec of the  longer head shape.
honmas  are much easier.
but the bite u  get  is ahhhhhhhhhh.....  its addictive seriosuly!

def shorter   tho but that doesnt worry me , I love the feel to much.
You think Id lose some distance coming from my Mizuno mp-18 6 iron goes about 185
That was my 6iron distance when I played the Flatbacks. The PDGs are a bit weaker in loft and didnt come raw so there needs to be some differentiation about whats being discussed.


15

#16 tsupo

tsupo

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 840 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:08 PM

yes I think u  prob will, the 2010s  as  above are a 46*  pw  but I had this   made to 48* so  i cud play it with other sets as an alt wedge. for 100 yard +/
jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs
solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x
(prgr egg 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)
(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)
(modart 18* ute--crazy ut 75s)
(honma di 21*--NS125s)
prgr- tr500cu--NS2g18x ss
fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s
tourstage x-01z


"im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".

16

#17 Bogey London

Bogey London

    Mr.

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458694
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:New York City
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

I have a Yururi PDG set. It is not raw but I have removed its coating and let it rust naturally. It becomes so sexy afterward.
"There are three ways of going to hell: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
(President De Gaulle)
------

Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5*

Fairway wood - Honma TW727 15*

Rescue - Titliest 816 18*

Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60

Putter - Itobori

17



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors