Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Playing Riviera.

31 replies to this topic

#31 schley

schley

Love ya don't tell ya enough!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58583
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 313

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:21 AM

View Postmanku, on 25 November 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

Can't charge to a CC or cash at Brentwood either...and I don't recall Bel Air having that option either.

In fact, almost no high end private clubs that I've played allow guests to pay...everything must be charged to the member.

And LACC definitely won't let you...

Why would a club allow CC...costs them 2-3% of sales, they have to create a different payment system etc...anyone who is good friends with a member should be able to buy a couple shirts and hats.

I used a credit card at Bel Air a couple years ago to buy a couple shirts and logo ball.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 manku

manku

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425594
GolfWRX Likes : 406

Posted 25 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

View Postschley, on 25 November 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

View Postmanku, on 25 November 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

Can't charge to a CC or cash at Brentwood either...and I don't recall Bel Air having that option either.

In fact, almost no high end private clubs that I've played allow guests to pay...everything must be charged to the member.

And LACC definitely won't let you...

Why would a club allow CC...costs them 2-3% of sales, they have to create a different payment system etc...anyone who is good friends with a member should be able to buy a couple shirts and hats.

I used a credit card at Bel Air a couple years ago to buy a couple shirts and logo ball.

It's been about a decade since I've played...club was little too snooty for me (long pants!).    For example, per their website "Cell phones are prohibited in the clubhouse, parking lot and on the golf course"...where could a member use it...the caddyshack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors