Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone using Scotty Concept X

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 whiff

whiff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25897
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:05 PM

Anyone using or tried the Concept X?  Haven't gotten to try one yet, but curios.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,889 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1580

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

Tried one in store.  Itís hideous and too expensive.  Iím a Scotty collector and I wonít buy one of these PlayStation remotes on a stick.
Titleist 917 D3 driver NV blue 70s
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood Diamana S+ 70s
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid Atmos Blue 8s
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw PXi 6.0 or 716 CB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

#3 Tarheelnation3

Tarheelnation3

Golfer's Delight

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126682
GolfWRX Likes : 372

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:25 AM

I don't disagree this thing isn't the prettiest to look at. However, I think it serves a purpose and is actually a solid putter option depending on what you're looking for.

It is an interesting putter to say the least. I typically play with a newport/009 head shape and I'm a fairly good putter. The toughest thing to get used to with the Concept CX-01 is the insert feel. Other than that, I have been impressed with it. It's not as large as a typical mallet and there is way more "feel" with it outside of 8 feet than I have experienced with most mallets. The Concept has solid stability on shorter putts and it seems to help out on putts if you are one who has issues with getting handsy (as compared to a blade putter). The issue I've always had with larger mallet heads is the lack of feel on long putts. This thing actually provides you with feel similar to a blade but also reaaaaaly helps on those shorter putts when you want that extra forgiveness. Just my .02 on it. I'll be keeping mine in the rotation.
Driver: Callaway Rogue w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6S
Fairway Wood: Callaway Rogue w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 21* w/ Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White XS
Irons: Srixon 785/Nippon Modus3 120
Wedges: 50F*/55K*/60M* Raw Hand Ground Vokey Wedges (hand ground by the man himself)
Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Toolbox and Aloha Special/Kari Lajosi Electric Blue Damascus/Other Assorted putters

I love Golf, Scotch, and Cigars. Why? Because I'm a man.

FOLLOW MY IG ACCOUNT AT: Tarheelnation3

#4 moodogg98

moodogg98

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513724
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

Is the insert the same as whatís in the newer newports?

#5 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostTarheelnation3, on 29 October 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

I don't disagree this thing isn't the prettiest to look at. However, I think it serves a purpose and is actually a solid putter option depending on what you're looking for.

It is an interesting putter to say the least. I typically play with a newport/009 head shape and I'm a fairly good putter. The toughest thing to get used to with the Concept CX-01 is the insert feel. Other than that, I have been impressed with it. It's not as large as a typical mallet and there is way more "feel" with it outside of 8 feet than I have experienced with most mallets. The Concept has solid stability on shorter putts and it seems to help out on putts if you are one who has issues with getting handsy (as compared to a blade putter). The issue I've always had with larger mallet heads is the lack of feel on long putts. This thing actually provides you with feel similar to a blade but also reaaaaaly helps on those shorter putts when you want that extra forgiveness. Just my .02 on it. I'll be keeping mine in the rotation.

Is the insert feel "softer" then a typical Scotty?  I have yet to see one in store to test but the rest of your comment is just what I have been looking for.  I typically like a softer feel insert so that would be nice.

I still need to see them in person as I would like to see both neck designs and hit them.  But I'm guessing that the CX-02 is going to be the better fit as I typically prefer a flow neck putter.

My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - Diamana D+ 72s
Nike VR Pro 18 Hybrid - Project X Blue
Taylormade M1 4h
Ping i25 Irons - 4-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak

#6 Downtime

Downtime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 501082
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 29 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

I've been interested in these ever since they came out. Like many i havent seen one in person, but wouldnt mind trying one out to see what it's like. I agree it doesnt look the best, but if it works I might be able to overlook that.

#7 wilymo

wilymo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 419872
  • Ebay ID:wilymo
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

Tried one in the store and it’s bigger than i expected it to be. Rolled it pretty well but it’s pretty hideous. Played with a very good golfer that used one and his rationale was that it gave him the stability of a mallet while retaining the lines of a Newport 2 style that he was used to.

#8 4rheel

4rheel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20950
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:52 PM

I have one and really wish someone can replace the insert with a GSS or something other than the Aluminum.  I supposed that would defeat the whole weight distribution of this design but just daydreaming here a little.

Had a little issue with seeing the top angle of the toe-side wing at address and subconsciously leaving the face open trying to square that top line.  I think I've worked through it but still getting used to it.

Do I think it's worth the sticker price?  Now that's a whole different topic.

#9 Mario Good Times

Mario Good Times

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 243017
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

At that price I won’t see many

#10 kiwii

kiwii

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318275
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

Iíve tried it extensively indoors and Iím a fan. I agree itís hard to look down on though I donít think itís ďhideousĒ. Just takes some getting used to. The real benefit is the stability. It feels just as stable and easy to alighn as any mallet on the market. Itís very easy to make a smooth stroke on this putter. Is it worth the retail price? No. I think it would be worth the same as the retail Scotties

'17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
'14 TM TP 52/56/60
2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
Tour Boost 360
TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 Michael Ventana

Michael Ventana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 341255
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

I go to my local shop almost every other day and can't keep my hands off this putter. I play a Bettinardi SS2 (before that a ping answer 2) so Im certainly not a fan of Mallets from a looks perspective. But honestly, this putter has the forgiveness of a mallet without looking like one. I hardly notice the wings and if anything they help to frame the ball .  I simply love the feel and the balance. If I wasn't so attached to my SS2 I'd probably haggle the price down by 50 bucks cash and walk out the store with it. And i will now stop gushing or I'll end up buying the damn thing first thing tomorrow morning.

#12 tgg27

tgg27

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360423
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:tgg27
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

I have been switching between the slant neck Concept, a slant neck 009, and an anser 2 style. I am beginning to fall in love with the Concept. The stability makes it easier to hit my lines without working on my stroke as much and I have noticed much better speed control, probably because of the forgiveness on off center strikes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors