Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Curious Case of Tommy Tolles

32 replies to this topic

#31 bullsfan

bullsfan

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347511
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

Back in 1999 I was invited to play in the Honda Classic Pro Am in south Florida. Tommy was my playing partner and we had a blast playing together. Cool guy and I have always rooted for him as well. I myself am glad to see him playing on the Champions Tour. Hope he does well.

WITB

Driver: Ping i20 10.5*
3 Wood: Ping i20 14*
Irons: Ping i25 3-UW
Wedge:Titleist SM6 54* & 60*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Del Mar 3

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
GolfWRX Likes : 1141

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

View Postbullsfan, on 02 November 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Back in 1999 I was invited to play in the Honda Classic Pro Am in south Florida. Tommy was my playing partner and we had a blast playing together. Cool guy and I have always rooted for him as well. I myself am glad to see him playing on the Champions Tour. Hope he does well.

Thanks for sharing.  It sounds pretty cool.
PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXG’s
Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009

“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

#33 Nevy79

Nevy79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 490190
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:04 AM

Incredible coincidence...there was a post created very shortly before yours that asked something to the effect of "tell me about your experience with a PGA tour player".  I immediately thought of Tommy Tolles, but just didn't post and then your created this thread!  As I see this thread again tonight, I must add my story.  I met Tommy at a 24 hr fitness in Omaha, NE back in the mid to late 2000's as he was playing the Nationwide event here in town.  I recognized him immediately  and he was very gracious to chat with me for a while and answer some questions.  He seemed to enjoy that he was recognized in a secondary market in middle America.  I wondered what ever happened to him and at the same time as the above mentioned post, I saw that he was  leading a Champions tour event!  I guess my mind was to blown to post at the time, but just could not resist tonight!  I hope to see him contending more in 2019!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors