Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

3 wins in a row for mizuno


35 replies to this topic

#1 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1674

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:41 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, there have been mizuno irons in the bags of winners for the last 3 weeks.  very good showing!

Taylormade M1 440 9.5* tour (2017) w/Speeder 757 Evo ii X
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood w/diamana s+ 70s (2017) w/tour blue 70x
Mizuno MP18 MMC fli hi 3 iron
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-gw
Titleist Vokey SM7 56m/60m
Scotty Cameron putter of some sort

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:5.7
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1536

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:09 PM

Could be.... not gonna lie... I have been looking for some good condition Mizzys on the cheap...   is that why I am having the itch??
Ping G400 9*
Ping G 14.5*
Ping S55 3-P
Bridgestone J40 52/56
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale

2

#3 The Mad Bomber

The Mad Bomber

    I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80811
  • Joined: 04/21/2009
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
GolfWRX Likes : 900

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:10 PM

Mizuno has made quite the comeback in the last couple of years.
915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
SM6 47º, 52º, 56º  C-Taper
Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"


WITB link

3

#4 craz-e

craz-e

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
  • Joined: 09/19/2007
  • Location:Cairns QLD, Australia
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 789

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

I can see Mizuno having a stellar year with iron sales. They offer great feel and are not over priced like a lot of the irons out there!
Driver = Titleist TS3, Even Flow White 6.0 (44.5")
5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

              = Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
Ball = Titleist AVX

4

#5 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2210

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:33 PM

View Postbogeypro, on 21 October 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

If I'm remembering correctly, there have been mizuno irons in the bags of winners for the last 3 weeks.  very good showing!
Not last week. Marc Leishman won and he played Callaway X-Forged irons.


5

#6 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,997 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 5533

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

View Postgrm24, on 21 October 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

View Postbogeypro, on 21 October 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

If I'm remembering correctly, there have been mizuno irons in the bags of winners for the last 3 weeks.  very good showing!
Not last week. Marc Leishman won and he played Callaway X-Forged irons.


Eddie P won in Europe with the new 919T last week.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Rogue SZ 3W - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White 90
Apex 4H - KK 80
Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
O-Works Black 7s Tank
TM TP5X

www.creedthoughts.gov.www/creedthoughts

6

#7 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 2210

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

View PostWarrick, on 21 October 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 21 October 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

View Postbogeypro, on 21 October 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

If I'm remembering correctly, there have been mizuno irons in the bags of winners for the last 3 weeks.  very good showing!
Not last week. Marc Leishman won and he played Callaway X-Forged irons.


Eddie P won in Europe with the new 919T last week.
Got it. I thought the OP was speaking of the PGA Tour events.

7

#8 BigHook25

BigHook25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
  • Joined: 10/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 586

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:52 PM

Yea, they are doing great.  Its amazing as much as say PXG bragging about their products (don't get me wrong, I like their stuff just overpriced for the performance for me), and there is Mizuno just winning and winning without paying anyone.

8

#9 MuskieCy

MuskieCy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29480
  • Joined: 05/22/2007
  • Location:Center Cut
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Go do a deep dive, 10 years at least, and then come up with statistically valid information.

No dog in the fight, but to just do a feel good snapshot doesn't mean anything.

9

#10 hardcaliber

hardcaliber

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108001
  • Joined: 05/14/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostMuskieCy, on 21 October 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Go do a deep dive, 10 years at least, and then come up with statistically valid information.

No dog in the fight, but to just do a feel good snapshot doesn't mean anything.

I get your point, but one might argue that 10 or even 3 year old data is irrelevant due to new releases and different offerings from all parties now compared to then. In other words, mizuno could be superior now regardless of whether it was superior 10 years ago.

I'm just playing devils advocate. I don't think anyone is superior to anyone else.  Wins are about players, not about equipment.

I do think it's impressive to get tour use without paying for it and the amount of free agents that go with Mizuno is pretty impressive.  Almost better publicity than signing big stars.

Edited by hardcaliber, 22 October 2018 - 09:07 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 the bishop

the bishop

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 439390
  • Joined: 09/03/2016
  • Location:Richmond, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 2860

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

Mizuno seems to have benefited pretty well from Nike's hard goods exit.   A number of their recent wins have come from former Nike staffers.
Ping G400 - Tour 65 - S
Ping G400 14.5* - Tour 75 - S
B-Stone TourB XD-H 21/24 - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80
W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
W/S PMP Raw  52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S Infinite/Bucktown

11

#12 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1238

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

A definite resurgence. And rightly so. Still made in Japan by craftsmen unlike so many other "premium" offerings.

12

#13 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1914

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:44 AM

Nothing against all the Mizuno love, but the players won the events, not the clubs.
PING G SF Tec  10*
Pinhawk SL 5W
TM Superfast 5h
PING G400 7-UW  Alta CB
TILLE OMG 52* & 56*
Scotty Fastback

13

#14 kcd38

kcd38

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 488364
  • Joined: 12/08/2017
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

Mizuno seems to be the go to choice for players that just got out of an equipment contract. When money isn't involved, they seem to be the pros iron of choice.
WITB:

Driver - PING G400 LST 8.5, Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 661 S
3 Wood - PING G400 14.5, Ping Tour 75 S
Hybrid - Ping G400 19 degree, Alta CB 70 S or Taylormade P790 UDI, HZRDUS Black 6.0
4-PW - Mizuno Mp 18 MMC 4 iron, Mizuno MP 18 SC 5-PW, KBS C Taper 130 x
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 (52 F, 56 F, 60 D, bent to 51, 55, 59)
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour Black

14

#15 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2265

Posted 22 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

Brooks could have won with a set of shovels and a broken broomstick handle for a putter. The dude was on fire.

WITB
LTD Pro Kiyoshi HB 65X
LTD Kai'li 70X
OPEN SLOT - TBD
Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
TP Black Copper Juno
TP5X
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
Puma Ignite Pwradapt

15

#16 Sir edward of putternut

Sir edward of putternut

    DARTH SMUG

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401902
  • Joined: 11/05/2015
  • Location:Burbank
GolfWRX Likes : 784

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:04 AM

View Postsdandrea, on 22 October 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Nothing against all the Mizuno love, but the players won the events, not the clubs.
I think that you are missing the point. The players who are winning, that have the freedom to choose what they want, seem to be choosing mizuno more often.
Would they have won had they been playing tm....likely.....but maybe not....well never know :)
Would they have won playing pxg....nah


Mizuno mp-5(px 5.5, 4-pw)
Adams Pro 19'
Hogan 51,55
Callaway 60 pm grind
Byron Morgan 007
Callaway EpicSZ 9.0
Mizuno JPX 900 3w



16

#17 seve1972

seve1972

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124438
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 349

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 22 October 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Brooks could have won with a set of shovels and a broken broomstick handle for a putter. The dude was on fire.

there is no way he could have won like that.....   Honestly...the reason for the thread is to emphasize if a player has a choice.....many times they choose Mizuno....it's that simple...and why gearheads flock to the shelves..

17

#18 TexasCarlos

TexasCarlos

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299742
  • Joined: 03/03/2014
  • Location:San Antonio Texas
  • Handicap:6.7
  • Ebay ID:thegunta2013
GolfWRX Likes : 359

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

Don't really understand mizuno haters, sure its them as a player with their skill, BUT at the end of they day they choose to put trust in that set of irons to make their livelihood. That does speak volumes. There are many forged playerss clubs out there, but IMO Mizzy makes the best ones at the best price too.
Taylormade Tour Issue M2 2017 Driver 9.5*  UST Elements Gold Proto 6F5 (X)
Taylormade Tour Issue M2 2016 Deep Face 3W 13* UST ATTAS 6Star 8 (X)
Taylormade Tour Issue M1 2016 5W Matrix Black Tie 80 (X)
Taylormade P790 3-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 130 (X)
Taylormade Milled Grind 54*/ 60* Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 (S)
Taylormade Spider Tour "L" Neck 33"

18

#19 dunn

dunn

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124833
  • Joined: 03/19/2011
  • Location:so cal
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1460

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:12 PM

Pretty tough to see it any other way

What you can play and choose to play aren't same thing...golf being such a mental sport this can make all the difference in the world

Edited by dunn, 22 October 2018 - 01:13 PM.


19

#20 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1914

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostSir edward of putternut, on 22 October 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

View Postsdandrea, on 22 October 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

Nothing against all the Mizuno love, but the players won the events, not the clubs.
I think that you are missing the point. The players who are winning, that have the freedom to choose what they want, seem to be choosing mizuno more often.
Would they have won had they been playing tm....likely.....but maybe not....well never know :)
Would they have won playing pxg....nah

That point makes perfect sense.  Agree.  I went back and read the original post and it still sounds like a Mizuno ad.

PING G SF Tec  10*
Pinhawk SL 5W
TM Superfast 5h
PING G400 7-UW  Alta CB
TILLE OMG 52* & 56*
Scotty Fastback

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 jonn443

jonn443

    Jonnystx

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104882
  • Joined: 03/16/2010
  • Location:CT
GolfWRX Likes : 1085

Posted 22 October 2018 - 09:34 PM

The truth is...The majority of the time if the player is a free agent, he has TM woods, Mizuno irons and vokey wedges in the bag. It started with one or two and now there is probably 10.
AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

21

#22 kiwii

kiwii

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318275
  • Joined: 06/01/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:35 AM

I was told that the 919 tour was designed closely with Koepka but I wonder why he isnít bagging them. The looks On the new line is great. Hopefully they do a good job kicking offf the line of woods.
'17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
'14 TM TP 52/56/60
2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
Tour Boost 360
TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV

22

#23 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,482 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1368

Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:45 AM

View Postkiwii, on 23 October 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

I was told that the 919 tour was designed closely with Koepka but I wonder why he isnít bagging them. The looks On the new line is great. Hopefully they do a good job kicking offf the line of woods.

He just won 3 majors in 16 months... why would he or should he change?  I'm being serious....nothing to gain despite his input unless there was a weakness in the 900 tour ...i.e. toe shape, top line etc.... but like Tiger with his Scotty, Brooks has become synonymous with JPX900 Tour irons!

23

#24 Jlopicco23

Jlopicco23

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 278875
  • Joined: 10/03/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:35 AM

Anyone throwing out any opposition is simply trying to defend and justify their allegiance to another brand.  The mizuno feel does inspire confidence, it just does.  Would these guys win with any clubs?  Sure, but that hardly needs to be stated here.  It's not a revelation.  The fact is Mizuno makes superior feeling irons to all other big name manufacturers.  This statement is validated by the number of pros who in between contracts decide to bag them.  It speaks volumes to the quality of their irons and their is no disputing that.  Will they ever pay big names to bag their stuff?  Probably not.  But with quality being what it is, do they really have to?  It's almost better for us fan boys that they don't.  Keeps it more of a niche brand at a great price.  I'm often the only guy in the foursome playing mizuno irons and i kinda like it that way.  But when someone asks to try my irons out, they almost always want to go buy a set!
2017 M1 440 9.5 degrees, Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron, KBS $-Taper
Mizuno MP 18 SC 3-PW, x100s
Mizuno T7 - 50, 56, 60
Machine M1A

24

#25 drvrwdge

drvrwdge

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130591
  • Joined: 06/12/2011
  • Location:757
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 531

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:31 AM

View PostJlopicco23, on 23 October 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Anyone throwing out any opposition is simply trying to defend and justify their allegiance to another brand.  The mizuno feel does inspire confidence, it just does.  Would these guys win with any clubs?  Sure, but that hardly needs to be stated here.  It's not a revelation.  The fact is Mizuno makes superior feeling irons to all other big name manufacturers.  This statement is validated by the number of pros who in between contracts decide to bag them.  It speaks volumes to the quality of their irons and their is no disputing that.  Will they ever pay big names to bag their stuff?  Probably not.  But with quality being what it is, do they really have to?  It's almost better for us fan boys that they don't.  Keeps it more of a niche brand at a great price.  I'm often the only guy in the foursome playing mizuno irons and i kinda like it that way.  But when someone asks to try my irons out, they almost always want to go buy a set!

While I tend to agree with your statement feel is subjective so inherently cant be fact. If I wasnt a Ping fanboy I'd probably play Mizzy irons but honestly the total package of what Ping offers in terms of forgiveness, feel and play-ability inspires more confidence in me than a pured Mizuno iron. Now while that feeling does make a tuning fork go off in my loin I wouldn't say it necessarily inspires confidence. I think there is also something to be said for Japanese craftsmanship. their attention to detail and manufacturing tolerances are head and shoulders above the rest. Same can be said for tennis equipment.

Ping G400 8.5 LST Kuro Kage XT 60TX
Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
Ping G 17.5 Blueboard 83x
Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4, Black Shaft,  PP58
Snell MTB Black
Jones Utility Trouper

25

#26 Jlopicco23

Jlopicco23

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 278875
  • Joined: 10/03/2013
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

That is fine, what inspires confidence for you might be different than me.  I won't turn this into a Mizzy vs Ping debate, there is no contest.  From a feel perspective it's not even in the same universe.  You are right about Japanese craftmanship though!

View Postdrvrwdge, on 23 October 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

View PostJlopicco23, on 23 October 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Anyone throwing out any opposition is simply trying to defend and justify their allegiance to another brand.  The mizuno feel does inspire confidence, it just does.  Would these guys win with any clubs?  Sure, but that hardly needs to be stated here.  It's not a revelation.  The fact is Mizuno makes superior feeling irons to all other big name manufacturers.  This statement is validated by the number of pros who in between contracts decide to bag them.  It speaks volumes to the quality of their irons and their is no disputing that.  Will they ever pay big names to bag their stuff?  Probably not.  But with quality being what it is, do they really have to?  It's almost better for us fan boys that they don't.  Keeps it more of a niche brand at a great price.  I'm often the only guy in the foursome playing mizuno irons and i kinda like it that way.  But when someone asks to try my irons out, they almost always want to go buy a set!

While I tend to agree with your statement feel is subjective so inherently cant be fact. If I wasnt a Ping fanboy I'd probably play Mizzy irons but honestly the total package of what Ping offers in terms of forgiveness, feel and play-ability inspires more confidence in me than a pured Mizuno iron. Now while that feeling does make a tuning fork go off in my loin I wouldn't say it necessarily inspires confidence. I think there is also something to be said for Japanese craftsmanship. their attention to detail and manufacturing tolerances are head and shoulders above the rest. Same can be said for tennis equipment.

2017 M1 440 9.5 degrees, Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade p790 UDI 2 iron, KBS $-Taper
Mizuno MP 18 SC 3-PW, x100s
Mizuno T7 - 50, 56, 60
Machine M1A

26

#27 evoviiiyou

evoviiiyou

    evoviiiyou

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22585
  • Joined: 12/08/2006
  • Location:Chandler AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 752

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

Bottom line, players won the events and Mizuno makes quality clubs respectively.
TaylorMade M4 10.5*, Aldila RIP Beta 60S 44.75" 10gram weight, WINN DryTac Mid, D4
TaylorMade R11 TP 4-17*, Aldila RIP Beta TP 70S 42.25", WINN DryTac Mid, D4
Mizuno JPX FliHi 19* Hybrid, Nippon Modus Tour 130S, Golf Pride TW WHT, D3
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-9, Nippon Super Peening Orange S, Golf Pride TW BLK, D2
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour PW, Nippon Super Peening Orange S, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 50/7 & 56/6, Nippon Modus Tour 120S, Golf Pride TW BLU, D4
SeeMore M1B CS Continental Golf BLK/BLK treatment, 30.25", SS Slim 3.0 CounterCore 50gr BLU/BLK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nike RZN Tour Platinum (stock piled for 5 yrs worth)
​Mizuno Pro 4-Way Stand Bag, Tour BLU/WHT
Adding Mizuno ST190G Driver/ ST190TS 3metal

27

#28 deep18

deep18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8767
  • Joined: 12/15/2005
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:05 PM

Players who don’t have a contractual obligation choosing Mizuno irons does speak volumes. They are relying on these clubs for their livelihoods. Simlilar to a special operations soldier using specific tools (guns, knives, etc) when they can have anything they want.

28

#29 LeoLeo99

LeoLeo99

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326383
  • Joined: 07/12/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 2206

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

View Postdeep18, on 23 October 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Players who don’t have a contractual obligation choosing Mizuno irons does speak volumes. They are relying on these clubs for their livelihoods. Simlilar to a special operations soldier using specific tools (guns, knives, etc) when they can have anything they want.

I see it another way.  The pros don't want to play another OEM for "free" so they play Miz.  Probably some butt-hurt.   For example, if TM or Callaway or Titliest or x isn't going to pay me, I'm not going to play them.  I'll play something else.

29

#30 deep18

deep18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8767
  • Joined: 12/15/2005
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:28 PM

View PostLeoLeo99, on 23 October 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

View Postdeep18, on 23 October 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Players who don’t have a contractual obligation choosing Mizuno irons does speak volumes. They are relying on these clubs for their livelihoods. Simlilar to a special operations soldier using specific tools (guns, knives, etc) when they can have anything they want.

I see it another way.  The pros don't want to play another OEM for "free" so they play Miz.  Probably some butt-hurt.   For example, if TM or Callaway or Titliest or x isn't going to pay me, I'm not going to play them.  I'll play something else.

Perhaps.  But most of them at the end of the day, are going to use whatever will help them play their best and as a result, bank the most money.  Most, if not all of the guys playing Mizuno irons right now, could get a deal with most if not all of the big boys if they chose to.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors