Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Are you the biggest club ho on golfwrx?

Club ho equipment golfwrx

89 replies to this topic

#31 boycer11

boycer11

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80867
  • Joined: 04/22/2009
  • Location:stl area
  • Ebay ID:mboyce1249
GolfWRX Likes : 248

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:49 PM

I'm a mf flipper of golf clubs. I dont have a lot, they come and go quickly. Heck with keeping the losing stuff.

I think on time I carried 5 boxes into the post office at one time and I dont have a golf store.

Edited by boycer11, 19 October 2018 - 11:50 PM.

Taylormade M3 VA composites slay
Callaway gbb epic sz 3 wood
Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
callaway rogue 4 hybrid
Epon 705 5-7/ 503 8-pw dg pro s300
Vokey sm7 raw 50f, 54s, 58d
taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
ping hoofer
Titleist prov 1x "make some noise"

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1627

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

I just realized I could use most of these posts to show SWMBO that I'm a lightweight when it comes to clu ho-ing.  She thinks I'm insane and I'm a mere rookie.
Cobra Max Offset 10.5*
The Perfect Club 18* & 21*
PING G400 7-W, UW
PING Eye 2 SW
Scotty Fastback

2

#33 miles2go

miles2go

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70407
  • Joined: 12/08/2008
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:11 AM

View PostDanny Choo, on 18 October 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

I have seen the term club ho used on this forum countless of times. Do you consider yourself a club ho? I definitely am a club ho. Post your pics!

Bro...I have more clubs than that in the trunk of my car.  Good start tho


3

#34 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18514

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:16 AM

View Postmiles2go, on 20 October 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

View PostDanny Choo, on 18 October 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

I have seen the term club ho used on this forum countless of times. Do you consider yourself a club ho? I definitely am a club ho. Post your pics!

Bro...I have more clubs than that in the trunk of my car.  Good start tho


Bingo.   Lol.  Iíve pared way back. But a couple years ago you could definitely find 3-4 iron sets 4-5 drivers and 12 putters in the bed of my truck on any given day.  ( truck is covered and has carpeted bed ). And thatís what was in rotation. But Iíve sold and traded a lot.  To get way down. Heck i only own 3 putters now.  Thatís right there on the normal line. lol.

4

#35 tannyhoban

tannyhoban

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7546
  • Joined: 11/08/2005
  • Location:NE OH
GolfWRX Likes : 1135

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:13 AM

Ummm no. But I am fickle and definitely not sentimental when it comes to golf clubs.


5

#36 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1263

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

... I am sure there are those with much more than I. These do not count my 2 main bags that are in my car:

Club Hoc.jpg
Club Hob.JPG
Club Hoa.jpg
Cobra F8 ... Even Flow Blue 65s
Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
Cobra F6 Baffler ... Kuro Kage Black 75s
Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85hy
4-pw TaylorMade P790 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Select  33"

6

#37 icemakr

icemakr

    Advanced

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355
  • Joined: 04/26/2005
  • Location:Nor Cal
  • Ebay ID:Icemakr
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Just a sample
E1E46E17-875E-4C53-850A-D10342092D11.jpeg
MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"
OG wrxer (check my member #)

7

#38 ian-500

ian-500

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139631
  • Joined: 09/21/2011
  • Location:Weymouth, UK
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:01 PM

View Postsdandrea, on 18 October 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

It depends on how you define ho.  I'm not a hoarding ho.  I buy and sell regularly with a pretty consistent revolving door of clubs flowing in and out.  My buddy says I just rent my clubs.

+1 same here.
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
FW: jBEAM Glorious 15.5* + Kuro Kage Proto 70x, 43", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Ping G20 20*/23*/27* + Accra FX200h M5/FX300h M4, 39", MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 7i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58*, Black Gold x, Superstroke.
Putter: Rife Barbados island.

8

#39 PeanutsDaddy

PeanutsDaddy

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 133046
  • Joined: 07/14/2011
  • Location:ON, Canada ('South Detroit')
GolfWRX Likes : 23147

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

Good to see that Iím amongst friends.
Cobra King F7 9*
Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)
Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)
Wishon 775hs 3 - 5
Wishon 560 - 6 - 7
Wishon 575mmc 8 - PW
Mac Custom Grind GW + LW (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

9

#40 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28816

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:51 PM

Some of my stuff from the building across the street from the house not counting what is in the back of that building , the shop behind the house and the front bedroom. But I have just a drop in the bucket compared to some of my buds over in the Classics section. The 2 largest hoards i have seen since coming on WRX is Moaning M's collection and the famed Niles Hoard out of Niles Michigan

ATT_1451729200285_20151227_133341 (1).jpg

To the left of that big blue tool box is another 10 feet of building and more stuff behind there and at least 2 5 gallon buckets full of loose assorted heads. I can not get the pic to turn like it is supposed to be but you guys get the gist

Edited by BIG STU, 20 October 2018 - 05:55 PM.

Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1627

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 20 October 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Some of my stuff from the building across the street from the house not counting what is in the back of that building , the shop behind the house and the front bedroom. But I have just a drop in the bucket compared to some of my buds over in the Classics section. The 2 largest hoards i have seen since coming on WRX is Moaning M's collection and the famed Niles Hoard out of Niles Michigan

Attachment ATT_1451729200285_20151227_133341 (1).jpg

To the left of that big blue tool box is another 10 feet of building and more stuff behind there and at least 2 5 gallon buckets full of loose assorted heads. I can not get the pic to turn like it is supposed to be but you guys get the gist

Stu, when you take the picture, hold your phone in landscape (sideways) orientation.   It should upload properly.
Cobra Max Offset 10.5*
The Perfect Club 18* & 21*
PING G400 7-W, UW
PING Eye 2 SW
Scotty Fastback

11

#42 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1627

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:05 PM

I just got a set of heads in the mail today and I just listed them here to help pay for the other heads I ordered while these were in transit......
Cobra Max Offset 10.5*
The Perfect Club 18* & 21*
PING G400 7-W, UW
PING Eye 2 SW
Scotty Fastback

12

#43 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28816

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

View Postsdandrea, on 20 October 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

View PostBIG STU, on 20 October 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Some of my stuff from the building across the street from the house not counting what is in the back of that building , the shop behind the house and the front bedroom. But I have just a drop in the bucket compared to some of my buds over in the Classics section. The 2 largest hoards i have seen since coming on WRX is Moaning M's collection and the famed Niles Hoard out of Niles Michigan

Attachment ATT_1451729200285_20151227_133341 (1).jpg

To the left of that big blue tool box is another 10 feet of building and more stuff behind there and at least 2 5 gallon buckets full of loose assorted heads. I can not get the pic to turn like it is supposed to be but you guys get the gist

Stu, when you take the picture, hold your phone in landscape (sideways) orientation.   It should upload properly.
Thanks man that is a old pic when I first learned how to take pics
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

13

#44 Hacker541

Hacker541

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 492752
  • Joined: 02/05/2018
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

View PostChadwickog, on 19 October 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I think the level of ho is not measured simply by what clubs you currently have, but how many clubs you have bought/sold in the last year or so. I consider myself a fledgling ho and am certainly not to the level of several here, but I am definitely constantly buying and selling.
^óThis. I have a lot of ho tendencies but outside of a couple of putters that rotate in and out I donít own a club that isnít it my bag. Every time I pick up something new I like to feel as though itís the end all to my problems so why let its former placeholder hang out?

Edited by Hacker541, 20 October 2018 - 07:28 PM.


14

#45 Nixhex524

Nixhex524

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,062 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305437
  • Joined: 04/03/2014
  • Handicap:4.1
  • Ebay ID:Nixhex524
GolfWRX Likes : 1401

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

If you asked my buddies they'd say I have to be one of the biggest hoes here, BUT, I know what really goes on around this place and know that some of you really have some issues.  :)

Ping G400 9*
Ping G400 14.5*
Srixon U45 20*
Srixon Z945 4-P
Cleveland RTX4 50/56
Taylormade Spider Tour red

15

#46 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1263

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:20 PM

... Some stuff is just hard to part with, especially if it will bring very little dollar value in return. I have always rotated several sets of irons in and out of my bag during the season but my P790's have rendered my other irons to backup status. I had a like new set of Cobra Forged Tours I hated to part with after playing Amp Forged and Fly Z+ irons but I put em up for sale at $399 figuring they would be gone in one day max. Even installed X Flex shafts anthem for the studs here at WRX. Well I ended up dropping the price down to $349 before coming to my senses and just keeping them. I am not gonna sell a mint set of 588TT's either as they are extremely rare in this condition. And a set of Lynx MC LX Forged Tour irons are some of the best irons I have ever played but I would be lucky to get $100 for them. And I put a low bid in for some Honma 737 Vs irons on Ebay and was shocked when I won so they were added to the collection. Thankfully I gave a mint set of RBZ Tours to my son and will probably do the same with some of these other irons. I would rather give them to someone I know will appreciate them than sell them for far less than they are worth.

... And I have the same dilemma with driver heads, shafts, wedges and putters. So I am a reluctant Ho.
Cobra F8 ... Even Flow Blue 65s
Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
Cobra F6 Baffler ... Kuro Kage Black 75s
Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85hy
4-pw TaylorMade P790 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Select  33"

16

#47 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28816

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

View Postchisag, on 20 October 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

... Some stuff is just hard to part with, especially if it will bring very little dollar value in return. I have always rotated several sets of irons in and out of my bag during the season but my P790's have rendered my other irons to backup status. I had a like new set of Cobra Forged Tours I hated to part with after playing Amp Forged and Fly Z+ irons but I put em up for sale at $399 figuring they would be gone in one day max. Even installed X Flex shafts anthem for the studs here at WRX. Well I ended up dropping the price down to $349 before coming to my senses and just keeping them. I am not gonna sell a mint set of 588TT's either as they are extremely rare in this condition. And a set of Lynx MC LX Forged Tour irons are some of the best irons I have ever played but I would be lucky to get $100 for them. And I put a low bid in for some Honma 737 Vs irons on Ebay and was shocked when I won so they were added to the collection. Thankfully I gave a mint set of RBZ Tours to my son and will probably do the same with some of these other irons. I would rather give them to someone I know will appreciate them than sell them for far less than they are worth.

... And I have the same dilemma with driver heads, shafts, wedges and putters. So I am a reluctant Ho.
My problem is most of my stuff the mainstream golfers consider antique junk but I do not have a lot of money in that stuff. Most of my stuff is not collectable or really rare or what I call top of the line stuff like you have. Most of the stuff I have I either give away or trade to other classic club hoes like me.
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

17

#48 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,381 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3219

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:31 PM

The founder of this site (Easy) posted part of his collection.  That was impressive.

18

#49 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Joined: 04/25/2014
  • Location:Manitoba
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 540

Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

View Postfarmer, on 20 October 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

The founder of this site (Easy) posted part of his collection.  That was impressive.
That was a damn fine collection Easy posted awhile back, I'm sure it had grown since then.
When ever I think I may have a few to many clubs I think back to our Leader's collection pics and then start browsing the BST. :)

19

#50 icemakr

icemakr

    Advanced

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 355
  • Joined: 04/26/2005
  • Location:Nor Cal
  • Ebay ID:Icemakr
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:31 AM

When I found out I had cancer, I took a flat bed truck to (Play It Again Sports)

He gave me almost $1500, obviously a small fraction of its worth.

Celebrating 18 months Cancer free and I have a small storage space full.
WTF, gotta enjoy something....


MELANOMA SURVIVOR "kids wear your sunscreen !!"
OG wrxer (check my member #)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Danny Choo

Danny Choo

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 514466
  • Joined: 10/15/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

Well this was educating. I am just a rookie in this regard. I thought my passion was out of control but what a learning experience!

21

#52 MuskieCy

MuskieCy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29480
  • Joined: 05/22/2007
  • Location:Center Cut
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

I bought a second set of Adams Tour A's three months after the first because it had a unicorn Gap wedge. The second set is still in the shipping foam.

The price was right.

22

#53 Air23

Air23

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510166
  • Joined: 08/16/2018
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:18 PM

I think I'm a club ho now. Just brought my 3rd set of irons today.

23

#54 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1235

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Is collecting older clubs hoing?  Thought that was more of a hoarding situation.  The ho doesnít keep the tricks, it moves on.  

I always thought of club hos being guys who routinely buy the newest stuff in hopes of finding ďthe oneĒ.  Usually, this means 9 sets a year with a dozen driver purchases that by the end of the season results in one expensive bag of the best until next year.
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

24

#55 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1627

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:51 AM

View PostUofU02, on 22 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Is collecting older clubs hoing?  Thought that was more of a hoarding situation.  The ho doesnít keep the tricks, it moves on.  

I always thought of club hos being guys who routinely buy the newest stuff in hopes of finding ďthe oneĒ.  Usually, this means 9 sets a year with a dozen driver purchases that by the end of the season results in one expensive bag of the best until next year.

Gotta agree here.  I thought I was a ho because I'm constantly turning another trick.  You hoarder guys are well, hoarders.

Cobra Max Offset 10.5*
The Perfect Club 18* & 21*
PING G400 7-W, UW
PING Eye 2 SW
Scotty Fastback

25

#56 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 1263

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

... The proliferation of the internet turned ho'ing into hoarding. It used to be we could buy a set of 762's for $699, play 'em 1/2 a season and sell em for $549-599 on a golf forum. Then the next guy plays 'em for several rounds and sells them for a $50 loss or even gets all his money back. Today you by a set of Cobra Forged Tours for $799  ($1200 off retail) and play em for 1/2 season and even in mint shape you can't get $349 for 'em. Maybe you get a request for different shafts and a low ball offer of $299 after re-shafting. Of course maybe you get zero offers too.

... Same thing with drivers and other clubs. Epic came out at $399 and has been reduced to $299. But if you bought one when it was first released and are now looking to sell it, even if it is in like new/mint condition, you won't get $149 for it even with an upgraded shaft. The Ho'ing landscape has changed dramatically from the day of playing and turning over clubs with a minimal dollar loss. So us old time Ho's now hoard rather than sell for a fraction of the clubs value.
Cobra F8 ... Even Flow Blue 65s
Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
Cobra F6 Baffler ... Kuro Kage Black 75s
Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85hy
4-pw TaylorMade P790 ... Recoil Prototype 95's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Select  33"

26

#57 sdandrea

sdandrea

    Steve

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117468
  • Joined: 11/14/2010
  • Location:Fredericksburg, VA & Hernando FL
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:sdan6017
GolfWRX Likes : 1627

Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:08 PM

View Postchisag, on 22 October 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

... The proliferation of the internet turned ho'ing into hoarding. It used to be we could buy a set of 762's for $699, play 'em 1/2 a season and sell em for $549-599 on a golf forum. Then the next guy plays 'em for several rounds and sells them for a $50 loss or even gets all his money back. Today you by a set of Cobra Forged Tours for $799  ($1200 off retail) and play em for 1/2 season and even in mint shape you can't get $349 for 'em. Maybe you get a request for different shafts and a low ball offer of $299 after re-shafting. Of course maybe you get zero offers too.

... Same thing with drivers and other clubs. Epic came out at $399 and has been reduced to $299. But if you bought one when it was first released and are now looking to sell it, even if it is in like new/mint condition, you won't get $149 for it even with an upgraded shaft. The Ho'ing landscape has changed dramatically from the day of playing and turning over clubs with a minimal dollar loss. So us old time Ho's now hoard rather than sell for a fraction of the clubs value.

The market altered the definition. I am an old time ho, because I buy used and cheap and then sell even cheaper.  The exception being my G400 irons which I paid new retail for and will just keep them as I ho around building or buying something that will ultimately fail to kick them out of the bag.
Cobra Max Offset 10.5*
The Perfect Club 18* & 21*
PING G400 7-W, UW
PING Eye 2 SW
Scotty Fastback

27

#58 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 28816

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostUofU02, on 22 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Is collecting older clubs hoing?  Thought that was more of a hoarding situation.  The ho doesn't keep the tricks, it moves on.  

I always thought of club hos being guys who routinely buy the newest stuff in hopes of finding "the one".  Usually, this means 9 sets a year with a dozen driver purchases that by the end of the season results in one expensive bag of the best until next year.
IMHO collecting clubs no matter the age of them is hoeing------ With me it ain't the new stuff trust me it is the old stuff---- I only have 2 sets of newer clubs a set of Cally 2013 Forged and a set of MP-68s that ironically were made in 2013
Driver: Homna G1-X Homna stiff shaft
FW TM V-Steel 5 wood 18* Pro Launch Blue
FW TM V-Steel 7 wood 21* Stock TM R
Irons 3 thru PW 1982 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts hard stepped-- Yeah MacHogans or Bastardized Macs
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore
LW  Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore custom sole Scratch EGG style
Putter- Little David 8802 or 97 Scotty Santa Fe rusty as hell
Bag-- Original Ping Hoofer
Founding Father of Outlaw Golf Association member #1---- Play what you want screw the USGA & R&A
Redneck Hippie Golf When the Tailgate drops the BS Stops
Vintage
Toney Penna Model 1 Aldila HM-40
3&4 woods Macgregor DX Keyhole steel TT R
Irons 2 thru 9 1954 Hogan Precision TT green
PW Hogan White Cameo 50* Hogan Apex Wedge
SW Macgregor LRA 56* TT Wedge Stiff DJ Special
Putter ( subject to change) Cleveland 8802 Designed By
Bag Old School Titleist Stand

28

#59 UofU02

UofU02

    Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 231449
  • Joined: 02/22/2013
  • Location:Flyover Country
GolfWRX Likes : 1235

Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

View PostBIG STU, on 22 October 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostUofU02, on 22 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Is collecting older clubs hoing?  Thought that was more of a hoarding situation.  The ho doesn't keep the tricks, it moves on.  

I always thought of club hos being guys who routinely buy the newest stuff in hopes of finding "the one".  Usually, this means 9 sets a year with a dozen driver purchases that by the end of the season results in one expensive bag of the best until next year.
IMHO collecting clubs no matter the age of them is hoeing------ With me it ain't the new stuff trust me it is the old stuff---- I only have 2 sets of newer clubs a set of Cally 2013 Forged and a set of MP-68s that ironically were made in 2013

the hoís in your area sound more like polygamists than prostitutes, lol.  Maybe, whoís the biggest club polygamist on WRX?
Callaway Rogue 9.0*
Taylormade M2 16.5* fairway wood
Mizuno JPX 900 3 and 4 hybrids
Mizuno MP-55 irons 5-P
Scotty Cameron AOP Newport Custom
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54* and 58*

29

#60 stpaulslouch

stpaulslouch

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 510732
  • Joined: 08/22/2018
  • Location:St. Paul, MN
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

So..honest question here so don't skewer me here...what is the reason to have so many clubs?  I personally have 3 sets since I finally upgraded this year after 13 years with my old irons.  Are the "ho's" with all the clubs playing with them? trading/selling them? etc.....

My golf game would be a hot mess if I had that many options to choose from and swap between!!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors