Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

PXG Surprise


56 replies to this topic

#1 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:10 PM

I ordered a set of 0311 irons on the heroes program and, of course, was excited to finally receive them today. The fitter explained that only the Gen 1s were on the heroes program -- I did hit the Gen 2 0311Ps just for fun when I was with him, but was happy ordering the Gen 1s at the heroes price.

Well, today I got my order, and couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the box:
IMG_0173.jpg
IMG_0174.jpg

Maybe they just didn't have any more lefty 0311s :slow_en:


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 gripandrip

gripandrip

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121337
  • Joined: 01/30/2011
  • Location:MI
GolfWRX Likes : 286

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Great Deal... and thanks for your service.

2

#3 PatsNation

PatsNation

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125004
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 266

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Wow there you go
Titleist TS3 8.5 + Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Titleist TS2 15 + Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
Titleist 816H2 19 + Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g
..........
Vokey SM7 50/F, 54/S, 60/M + KBS 610s
Scotty Cameron Newport

3

#4 JDMRN81

JDMRN81

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 434818
  • Joined: 08/01/2016
  • Location:PA
  • Handicap:12.7
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

That's awesome, congrats!
Ping G400 Max 9* AD TP-6
Ping G400 3w 14.5* AD IZ-7
TM P790 Black 3i UST Mamiya Recoil 780
TM P790 Blacks 4-AW DG 105's
Callaway MD3 Lucky Clover 54*/58*
Evnroll ER2cs 33"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Stars and Stripes

4

#5 augustgolf

augustgolf

    Golf with dignity

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438244
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
  • Location:Coastal NC
  • Ebay ID:augustgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 3804

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

Play the Mega Millions tonite, while you're luck is running on the plus side.

Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
or is it 1514...
I don't remember exactly

5

#6 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

View Postaugustgolf, on 18 October 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Play the Mega Millions tonite, while you're luck is running on the plus side.
Not a half bad idea :)

6

#7 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

    2018 Player of the Year

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,898 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
  • Joined: 11/01/2007
  • Location:Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.
  • Ebay ID:hrfdez1966
GolfWRX Likes : 905

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

Congratulations!  Finally, lefties getting a break, lol...

Enjoy them!
PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXG’s
Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009

“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

7

#8 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

    European Tailored Golf Socks

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,507 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
  • Joined: 01/14/2014
  • Location:Orange County
GolfWRX Likes : 2547

Posted 18 October 2018 - 04:09 PM

Very awesome surprise
Wyoming Cowboys

WITB
PRGR Nabla RS02M43S
PRGR Nabla 18° M43S
Masda Fast Blades 5-P Nippon 120S
EON TW15 52°/58° Nippon Wedge S
Piretti Matera
MacGregor VIP Heads 2-P Welded/Copper Finish
Miura Baby Blades
1-P

8

#9 jbird902

jbird902

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15150
  • Joined: 05/31/2006
  • Location:Vermont
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 18 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

Better hope parson’s doesn’t see this. He’ll prob send you a bill for the mistake/difference.. lol

9

#10 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,362 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3860

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:08 PM

That is awesome, enjoy!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 ago33

ago33

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117034
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Ebay ID:svenanole
GolfWRX Likes : 778

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

Maybe buy another set and see if it keeps happening
-----Current Gamers-----

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9............................PX HZRDUS T1100 65 6.5
Callaway X Hot 3 Deep 14.5........................Fuji Motre Speeder TS 8.2 X
Taylormade M1 2017 19h.............................TT DG AMT TI X100
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi MMC 4,5.......................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Vokey SM6 46, 52, 58M...............................TT DG AMT TI X100 +3/4
Vokey SM6 61M...........................................TT DG TI S400 +3/4
Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master

11

#12 Dudee

Dudee

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367121
  • Joined: 03/19/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

That is fantastic! Enjoy those beautiful clubs.
Cobra Fly Z+ KK Silver TINI 60X
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 Diamana S+ 80X
Adams XTD Forged 3-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland 588 RTX 50*, 54*, 58* PX 6.5
Putter = Russian Roulette

12

#13 BiggErn

BiggErn

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 479312
  • Joined: 08/17/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 845

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:47 PM

View Postaugustgolf, on 18 October 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

Play the Mega Millions tonite, while you're luck is running on the plus side.


Luck will be ran out by tomorrow

13

#14 SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40485
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1952

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

View Postjbird902, on 18 October 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Better hope parson’s doesn’t see this. He’ll prob send you a bill for the mistake/difference.. lol
I think it would come in the form of a lawsuit.

But good for you. If it was intentional, that’s super cool of pxg to hook you up. Hit em straight!
“I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from porn is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

14

#15 dziuky

dziuky

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427896
  • Joined: 06/05/2016
  • Location:Eugene
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:56 PM

Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online?  Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.


15

#16 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:04 PM

View Postdziuky, on 18 October 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online?  Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.

Fitter places the order for me...maybe he was feeling generous lol

16

#17 BYK

BYK

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291513
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:Cardinals Nation
GolfWRX Likes : 418

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:16 PM

Awesome!
Great to hear stories like these
Yadi for President

17

#18 dj55cornell

dj55cornell

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 512506
  • Joined: 09/13/2018
  • Location:Oklahoma City
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:dj555cornell
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

Jackpot!  Awesome —enjoy!

18

#19 LionGolfer

LionGolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6000
  • Joined: 09/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 155

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:42 PM

Good stuff and great gesture.  Play them well.  I still love my pxgs and just got the 17 hybrid was well.
Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon

19

#20 dziuky

dziuky

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427896
  • Joined: 06/05/2016
  • Location:Eugene
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 18 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

View Postdwalt, on 18 October 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Postdziuky, on 18 October 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online?  Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.

Fitter places the order for me...maybe he was feeling generous lol

Very well could have. Or just entered based on the data he had from when you hit and didn’t change the gen 2. Either way pretty awesome getting the gen 2. I was same boat I was fine with the gen 1 but hit the two as well to see how they were if it was worth the extra to me.  Did your build sheet emailed to you say anything about gen 2 on it?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 MichaelJScott

MichaelJScott

    SchruteFarms

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448352
  • Joined: 12/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:14 PM

That is so awesome. Its stuff like this that makes me want to give PXG a try. Love the heroes program such a great idea. I am liking PXG more and more these days.

21

#22 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:35 PM

View Postdziuky, on 18 October 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

View Postdwalt, on 18 October 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

View Postdziuky, on 18 October 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Well mine just shipped today. I was hoping they’d be here for this weekends tourney but just have to wait. I’ve seen others getting a towel or ball mark repair tool but never getting gen 2s.

Did you order from the fitter or online?  Wondering if the fitter put it in that way because my build sheet shows a shaft I hit but wasn’t on the options online. Maybe they did the same and selected the gen 2 and ran it on the heroes price.

Fitter places the order for me...maybe he was feeling generous lol

Very well could have. Or just entered based on the data he had from when you hit and didn’t change the gen 2. Either way pretty awesome getting the gen 2. I was same boat I was fine with the gen 1 but hit the two as well to see how they were if it was worth the extra to me.  Did your build sheet emailed to you say anything about gen 2 on it?

The order sheet was just for the 0311s and not the Ps as far as I can tell

22

#23 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:37 PM

View PostMichaelJScott, on 18 October 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

That is so awesome. Its stuff like this that makes me want to give PXG a try. Love the heroes program such a great idea. I am liking PXG more and more these days.

They were a great company to deal with for the whole process and I really felt a difference from the first strike. That said, I was moving from G30s that I had for many years, so that was probably to be expected. Either way, I highly recommend them… Especially based on this experience :-)

23

#24 duffer987

duffer987

    VOTE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,608 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Joined: 09/03/2012
  • Location:Canadian in Texas
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 6721

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:41 PM

Good stuff OP! :)
Enjoy the new sticks... so satinny!

Shame they couldn't do something about the leftiness, I keed I keed. Hit 'em straight!

24

#25 dwalt

dwalt

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513480
  • Joined: 09/30/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

View Postduffer987, on 18 October 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Good stuff OP! 😊
Enjoy the new sticks... so satinny!

Shame they couldn't do something about the leftiness, I keed I keed. Hit 'em straight!

Been trying to fix the disease for years with no luck haha

Edited by dwalt, 18 October 2018 - 09:43 PM.


25

#26 Jwin323

Jwin323

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 398184
  • Joined: 10/02/2015
  • Location:SoCal
  • Handicap:3-7
GolfWRX Likes : 868

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

View Postdwalt, on 18 October 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

I ordered a set of 0311 irons on the heroes program and, of course, was excited to finally receive them today. The fitter explained that only the Gen 1s were on the heroes program -- I did hit the Gen 2 0311Ps just for fun when I was with him, but was happy ordering the Gen 1s at the heroes price.

Well, today I got my order, and couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the box:
Attachment IMG_0173.jpg
Attachment IMG_0174.jpg

Maybe they just didn't have any more lefty 0311s :slow_en:

You deserve it. Thanks for your service.

26

#27 wchahn

wchahn

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481496
  • Joined: 09/10/2017
  • Location:Boston
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:wh08
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:17 PM

Awesome surprise.  Enjoy them

27

#28 SPY ZINGER

SPY ZINGER

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14712
  • Joined: 05/12/2006
  • Location:2180 Rutherford Road
GolfWRX Likes : 195

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:16 PM

Country First 🇺🇸

28

#29 mars612

mars612

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 409692
  • Joined: 01/23/2016
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

Same thing happened to a guy on FB, you should have received a note, mentioning the switch due to “inventory restraint”, also offering full refund if you’re not happy with the upgrade... I believe it’s happening to all lefty gen1 orders right now.

29

#30 tmax77

tmax77

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 256
  • Joined: 04/25/2005
  • Location:Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:09 AM

View Postdwalt, on 18 October 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

I ordered a set of 0311 irons on the heroes program and, of course, was excited to finally receive them today. The fitter explained that only the Gen 1s were on the heroes program -- I did hit the Gen 2 0311Ps just for fun when I was with him, but was happy ordering the Gen 1s at the heroes price.

Well, today I got my order, and couldn't believe what I saw when I opened the box:
Attachment IMG_0173.jpg
Attachment IMG_0174.jpg

Maybe they just didn't have any more lefty 0311s :slow_en:
Good for you that’s awesome thanks for your service

Under construction....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors