Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Bead blast G700 irons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Skeeter

Skeeter

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38336
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

Anybody thought about it? The hydro pearl finish sucks and the whole scotchbrite routine didnít touch it.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:9.5
GolfWRX Likes : 717

Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

Interesting. I had to use some elbow grease but the green pad took most of the frosted finish off mine. Barkeepers Friend as many had suggested never did anything for me in terms of removing the finish. It was all in the pad.

I bought mine in April. Maybe ping worked on finish durability and changed something.

Edited by erock9174, 12 October 2018 - 03:47 PM.

Driver: Taylormade M3 12* FGS+
Fairway: Ping G SF Tec 5w
Hybrids: Exotics Xrail 23*/26*
Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56* / Callaway Sure Out 60*/64*

Putter: Ping Tyne H
Grips: GP Align MCC+4
Bag: Sun Mountain Four 5

Tracking: Game Golf

#3 thecraw

thecraw

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195070
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

Why do people on here get so worked up about the finish? Clubs get nicks, bumps, faces look worn after a while. Swinging a lump of metal into the ground at 90 miles an hour is going to leave marks.

My i200 have always looked worn from about a week after owning them but that's life and I expect clubs to go that way. They still perform as good as the day I bought them, that'll do for me.

Good luck with the bead blasting, post pictures if you do them.
Ping G400 LST driver - Speeder Evolution 569

Ping G 5 wood - Diamana Whiteboard 80

Ping G400 3 Crossover - 19

Ping i200 4-W + U Alta CB shafts

Ping Glide 2.0 wedges 54 + 58

Cure RX4  putter or an RX5 (depending on my mood!)

#4 Kevmonton

Kevmonton

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165969
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:46 PM

View Postthecraw, on 13 October 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

Why do people on here get so worked up about the finish? Clubs get nicks, bumps, faces look worn after a while. Swinging a lump of metal into the ground at 90 miles an hour is going to leave marks.

My i200 have always looked worn from about a week after owning them but that's life and I expect clubs to go that way. They still perform as good as the day I bought them, that'll do for me.

Being the club junkie that I am I always get  a decent return when I sell my equipment when it is time to "upgrade" if it is in good condition.  Do you wax your car?

#5 toc

toc

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263080
GolfWRX Likes : 1676

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

View Postthecraw, on 13 October 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

Iím in the same school of thought as you, donít really care about looks as long as they arenít full of dirt.  

On the other hand, I donít care about what other people do with their clubs.  For future resale value, uniqueness, or just to look cool the reasons have nothing to do with me so whatever.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool:  metal
Ball Marker: quarter
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors