Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Putters that are designed to hang straight, i.e. GP, Rife, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GimmieHendrix

GimmieHendrix

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513894
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

Bought a 2 bar blade putter this week, couldn't hit a putt to save my life, then noticed the toe is banana shaped so you can hold it vertically and get an incredibly straight and pure roll, added some lead tape and VOILA one of the straightest putters I've ever hit. Then I remember PR Dionne's GP Putter which is design also very short and rounded so you can hold it vertically and pendulum putt.

Anyone know any other putter designs where the sweet spot stays in line when held vertically? I think there really is merit to this. The Rife went from my least accurate to perhaps most instantly. Incredibly easy to hit perfectly straight shots with a true pendulum, just pull it back and let it go — this thing self-balances perfectly once you hold it like a pendulum. Great design for adding tape too since it's out of sight and perfectly even/inline on the bottom of the bars.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181011_170455.jpg
  • 20181011_165644.jpg
  • 20181011_165633.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 GimmieHendrix

GimmieHendrix

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513894
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

Just noticed that the Taylormade Monte Carlo also does it, photo attached. Hang it and the sweet spot is still correct. Pull it back and let it drop on its own and they're all dead straighties, just have to tweak the weighties. :)

Whole new avenue of exploration. These are some of the straightest putts I've ever seen with zero effort. Gravity does the work, you just stay still.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181011_172217.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors