Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

KBS wedge shaft


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick22

Maverick22

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184214
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • Handicap:4.5
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

I have an original TM ATV 60* wedge which has on it a KBS shaft labelled simply as “wedge”. I see this listed on the KBS website and it comes in different flexes. The label on my club doesn’t indicate a flex. Is it likely to be the stiff?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Go Bucks!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5165

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:55 PM

Yes
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-10 (at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

2

#3 JAY-Y

JAY-Y

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80566
  • Joined: 04/19/2009
  • Ebay ID:jyun123
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

I just picked up an TM EF wedge with KBS Wedge labeled shaft as well to put in my Cally Apex MB GW head.  Is the step pattern on the KBS Wedge shaft supposed to me the same as KBS Tour 9/PW Shafts?  A few of the steps are ever so slightly off compared to both my KBS Tours and 610s.  Also, the first step starts a half inch higher.  Both my Tours and 610's are untipped.  Does this mean I got a regular flex KBS wedge shaft or is it supposed to be that way? Does anyone have specs on the Wedge labeled KBS shafts?  I checked KBS and TM's site and couldn't find the info. Would like to know the uncut weight of this KBS Wedge shaft before I pull it.  Thanks.
GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s  
XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter

3

#4 Smokey227

Smokey227

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77521
  • Joined: 03/16/2009
  • Location:Huntsville, Al
  • Ebay ID:lillam01
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

 JAY-Y, on 11 October 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I just picked up an TM EF wedge with KBS Wedge labeled shaft as well to put in my Cally Apex MB GW head.  Is the step pattern on the KBS Wedge shaft supposed to me the same as KBS Tour 9/PW Shafts?  A few of the steps are ever so slightly off compared to both my KBS Tours and 610s.  Also, the first step starts a half inch higher.  Both my Tours and 610's are untipped.  Does this mean I got a regular flex KBS wedge shaft or is it supposed to be that way? Does anyone have specs on the Wedge labeled KBS shafts?  I checked KBS and TM's site and couldn't find the info. Would like to know the uncut weight of this KBS Wedge shaft before I pull it.  Thanks.

Kbs wedge shaft in stiff is 120 grams at 37" the normal 9i/w shaft is 120 at 37.5.
http://kbsgolfshafts...shop/kbs-wedge/

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Speeder 6.3
Ping G25 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
Callaway Rogue 21* hybrid Attas Int 100
TaylorMade P790 4-U KBS Tour FLT
Ping Gilde 2.o Stealth 64 SS
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES
Toulon Memphis

4

#5 Smokey227

Smokey227

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77521
  • Joined: 03/16/2009
  • Location:Huntsville, Al
  • Ebay ID:lillam01
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:47 PM

My KBS wedge shaft looks like a 9i/w shaft that was tipped .5". The step pattern would be identical if the 9i/w shaft was tipped.

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Fujikura Speeder 6.3
Ping G25 16.5* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75
Callaway Rogue 21* hybrid Attas Int 100
TaylorMade P790 4-U KBS Tour FLT
Ping Gilde 2.o Stealth 64 SS
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES
Toulon Memphis

5

#6 JAY-Y

JAY-Y

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80566
  • Joined: 04/19/2009
  • Ebay ID:jyun123
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

 Smokey227, on 11 October 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

 JAY-Y, on 11 October 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

I just picked up an TM EF wedge with KBS Wedge labeled shaft as well to put in my Cally Apex MB GW head.  Is the step pattern on the KBS Wedge shaft supposed to me the same as KBS Tour 9/PW Shafts?  A few of the steps are ever so slightly off compared to both my KBS Tours and 610s.  Also, the first step starts a half inch higher.  Both my Tours and 610's are untipped.  Does this mean I got a regular flex KBS wedge shaft or is it supposed to be that way? Does anyone have specs on the Wedge labeled KBS shafts?  I checked KBS and TM's site and couldn't find the info. Would like to know the uncut weight of this KBS Wedge shaft before I pull it.  Thanks.

Kbs wedge shaft in stiff is 120 grams at 37" the normal 9i/w shaft is 120 at 37.5.
http://kbsgolfshafts...shop/kbs-wedge/

Saw that but this KBS Wedge doesn't specify flex.  Just says KBS Wedge.

Posted Image

Edited by JAY-Y, 11 October 2018 - 06:09 PM.

GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s  
XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter

6

#7 JAY-Y

JAY-Y

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80566
  • Joined: 04/19/2009
  • Ebay ID:jyun123
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

 Smokey227, on 11 October 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

My KBS wedge shaft looks like a 9i/w shaft that was tipped .5". The step pattern would be identical if the 9i/w shaft was tipped.

That sucks.  mine looks like .5" was added to the tip.    Thanks for the info.
GBB Epic 9° Aldila Rogue I/O 60s  
XR16 14° Aldila Rogue Silver 70s
XR16 19° Aldila Rogue Black 80s
Razr X Tour 21° Fubuki AX h400s
Apex 4 iron KBS Tour-V 110s
X Forged 2013 5-PW KBS Tour 120s
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 KBS 610 120s
T.P. Mills Trad II Custom, T.P. Mills Softail, Machine M2A Converter

7



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors