Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Feels like modus 120x but spins less


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Currently using modus 120x in mizuno 850 forged.  I love how they feel but the spin is killing me in the slightest wind.  If the wind is brisk then I'm hurting.  I launch the ball high with everything due to thumb injury on left hand and my ball flight is a draw with miss being a pretty bad hook.  Thank you for any suggestions.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Go Bucks!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5220

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Member #81?  Wow.  Impressive.

If you were just talking about spin and not feel, Everyone will suggest C Taper, X100, steelfiber 110, Nippon super peening  blue if you can find them.

I personally love my KBS Tour V 120x. Medium  Launch and low spin.  Very nice in the wind. Good feel.

For the record, I hated Modus 120x.  Lasted literally one range session and got pulled. Modus 125 x I liked better, but spun way too much.

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 10 October 2018 - 04:38 PM.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-10 (at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

2

#3 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1816

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

It doesn't exist.  The reason you like the feel of the Modus 120 is because it's bend profile is soft in the butt and middle.  There is no other shaft that will have that bend profile feel and produce lower spin.

You need to test a stiffer bend profile to try to get a lower flight,....but it won't have the same feel

3

#4 mokedaddy

mokedaddy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 253826
  • Joined: 06/01/2013
  • Location:Nebraska
GolfWRX Likes : 419

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Nippon super peening orange is almost an identical profile with less spin.  They are however heavier than the modus.
TM  M2 10.5 Tour AD GP6x
TM  M1 15  Tour AD TP7x
TM  M2 18  Tour AD MJ8x
Ping I200, Iblade 4-P KBS TOUR V 125 S+
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 55, 60 KBS TOUR V 125 S+  Wrx grind
Bettinardi BB1, Ping Piper C

4

#5 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

I'm okay with heavier but also got to keep elbows in mind.  Kbs c tapers hurt but I guess I could pro soft them.  How about project x or x lz?


5

#6 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1816

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:43 PM

View Postalcap26, on 10 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'm okay with heavier but also got to keep elbows in mind.  Kbs c tapers hurt but I guess I could pro soft them.  How about project x or x lz?

You can go "down" in flex in just about any other 'tour' shaft....and it will still play stiffer overall than a Modus 120.  For example, a standard Project X 5.0 would play stiffer overall than a 120 'x'

6

#7 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Go Bucks!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5220

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostCwebb, on 10 October 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

View Postalcap26, on 10 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

I'm okay with heavier but also got to keep elbows in mind.  Kbs c tapers hurt but I guess I could pro soft them.  How about project x or x lz?

You can go "down" in flex in just about any other 'tour' shaft....and it will still play stiffer overall than a Modus 120.  For example, a standard Project X 5.0 would play stiffer overall than a 120 'x'

5.0 = 120x ?   Not in my experience. Id say More like a softstepped 6.0 = 120x.  

But of course it is a weird comparison anyway because the profiles are so different.
9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-10 (at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

7

#8 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1816

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:35 AM

Profile for PX 5.0: 218, 268, 322, 420, 579, 954

Modus 120 'X'..... 215, 252, 303, 373, 495, 963

8

#9 sampga1976

sampga1976

    PGA Professional

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73019
  • Joined: 01/16/2009
  • Location:Knoxville, TN
  • Ebay ID:baileyboy1976
GolfWRX Likes : 435

Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:12 AM

FWIW I've had success hard stepping the Modus 120X.  Seems to lower launch and spin, unverified via Trackman ;) but with no loss of feel.
Titleist
TS3 9.5º on A1 - Attas 6Star 6X
TS3 16.5º on D1 - Attas COOOL 7X
818 H2 21º on D1 - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
718 AP3 - 4i thru P - Modus 120 X (2º weak)

Vokey SM7
50.12F @ 49º
- Modus 120 X
54.14F @ 54º - WV125S Tour Only
60.12D @ 59º - WV125S Tour Only

Scotty Cameron
Super Rat Concept 1 - 34" - 350 grams

9

#10 jokerusn

jokerusn

    nice shoes

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447
  • Joined: 04/30/2005
  • Location:Northern NJ
  • Handicap:8.0
  • Ebay ID:jokerusn
GolfWRX Likes : 884

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

Or Modus 120TX flex

M34609.5 Tour AD TP
M33HL Tensei CK Pro
818H219 Tensei CK Pro
UDI3 PX HB6
7904/Z7455-9/RTX446 Nippon
SM752F/58D/62M /DG/ KBS

Mann Rattler XL or MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:48 AM

Great suggestions and information.  Thank you all for your input.  It is greatly appreciated.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

One last question.  For some reason the fujikura pro tour spec 115 have caught my eye but information has been limited or at least info I can find.  Does anyone have experience with them?

Edited by alcap26, 12 October 2018 - 09:05 AM.


11

#12 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 10 October 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Member #81?  Wow.  Impressive.

If you were just talking about spin and not feel, Everyone will suggest C Taper, X100, steelfiber 110, Nippon super peening  blue if you can find them.

I personally love my KBS Tour V 120x. Medium  Launch and low spin.  Very nice in the wind. Good feel.

For the record, I hated Modus 120x.  Lasted literally one range session and got pulled. Modus 125 x I liked better, but spun way too much.

Not impressive...just getting old.  Thanks for your suggestions.

12

#13 animalgolfs

animalgolfs

    FL & OK

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 212485
  • Joined: 11/22/2012
  • Handicap:2.3
GolfWRX Likes : 686

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

Why not Recoil 125x?
G400 Max 9* Tour 65
G400 14.5* Attas 4u
G400h 19* Tour 85
G Crossover 21* iRod 95
G400 24.5* Elements Fire 7
G700 6i Recoil 110
i500 7-UW{pwr spec} Recoil 110
Stealth 2.0 54* Steelfiber i110
Eye 2 V-Groove 57.5* Recoil 125 Proto
Vault 2.0 B60 Stealth WRX 390g

13

#14 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2126

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

View Postalcap26, on 10 October 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

Currently using modus 120x in mizuno 850 forged.  I love how they feel but the spin is killing me in the slightest wind.  If the wind is brisk then I'm hurting.  I launch the ball high with everything due to thumb injury on left hand and my ball flight is a draw with miss being a pretty bad hook.  Thank you for any suggestions.
Strengthen the loft of your irons first, then tweak shaft. If you time 120x well, you'll probably create other issues by going to something with a really stiff tip and softer butt.
WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X (testing Kiyoshi White 65X & Purple 65X)
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X (testing ProForce V2 75X)
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - (Testing SM7 & Glide 2.0)
SW - MD4 54/12W S200 (testing Glide 2.0 54/14WS)
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Ball - TBD
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

14

#15 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

View Postanimalgolfs, on 12 October 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Why not Recoil 125x?

Forgot about those.  Thanks for reminding


15

#16 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 19119

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

modus 130x of course


very different shaft..But wont it have to be to get what youre asking for?
Nike Oven TW Vapor Speed  Aldila Synergy proto 70TX
Tm 17 M1 tour 14.5  Graphite Design ADDI 8X
Tm M3 tour 19 Fuji Pro white 95X
Titleist 681 Proto 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Raw 54 60 Modus 130S
Camerom 009 1.5 GSS

16

#17 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2126

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Oh and to OP - another thing you did not specify: What ball do you use? For example... you will very likely spin a Srixon XV much less than you will a Chrome Soft or Kirkland, without changing anything what so ever.
WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X (testing Kiyoshi White 65X & Purple 65X)
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X (testing ProForce V2 75X)
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - (Testing SM7 & Glide 2.0)
SW - MD4 54/12W S200 (testing Glide 2.0 54/14WS)
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Ball - TBD
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

17

#18 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Bridgestone b330 or srixon xv

18

#19 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:27 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 12 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

modus 130x of course


very different shaft..But wont it have to be to get what youre asking for?

Probably.  I mean last time I was fitted it was KBS Tour X, KBS C Taper X and Dynamic Gold X100 Soft stepped.  Tried c tapers and elbows hurt every time.  I have used x100 or s400 hard stepped forever but looking for something different and better feeling due to left thumb, left middle finger, and left wrist injuries.

Mizuno numbers were 7,6,7,7 and 7,6,7,7 on two different days 92 mph with 6 iron

Edited by alcap26, 12 October 2018 - 12:44 PM.


19

#20 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2126

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Bridgestone b330 or srixon xv
Yeah those are already fairly low spin urethane balls.

Before you spend a bunch of $$ on new shafts or irons, just go have like your 7i and pw bent 2* strong and see what happens out on the range or on a sim if you have access. If that's no help and you don't mind a slightly harsher shaft, C Taper or X100's are bound to lower flight and spin a little bit. It's just a matter of can you time them the same as your gamers.

WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X (testing Kiyoshi White 65X & Purple 65X)
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X (testing ProForce V2 75X)
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - (Testing SM7 & Glide 2.0)
SW - MD4 54/12W S200 (testing Glide 2.0 54/14WS)
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Ball - TBD
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:02 PM

View PostZ1ggy16, on 12 October 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Bridgestone b330 or srixon xv
Yeah those are already fairly low spin urethane balls.

Before you spend a bunch of $$ on new shafts or irons, just go have like your 7i and pw bent 2* strong and see what happens out on the range or on a sim if you have access. If that's no help and you don't mind a slightly harsher shaft, C Taper or X100's are bound to lower flight and spin a little bit. It's just a matter of can you time them the same as your gamers.

Might just have to go back to x100 because c tapers hurt the elbows.  I just love the way the modus feel.

21

#22 Z1ggy16

Z1ggy16

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430110
  • Joined: 06/22/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2126

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:22 PM

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

View PostZ1ggy16, on 12 October 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Bridgestone b330 or srixon xv
Yeah those are already fairly low spin urethane balls.

Before you spend a bunch of $$ on new shafts or irons, just go have like your 7i and pw bent 2* strong and see what happens out on the range or on a sim if you have access. If that's no help and you don't mind a slightly harsher shaft, C Taper or X100's are bound to lower flight and spin a little bit. It's just a matter of can you time them the same as your gamers.

Might just have to go back to x100 because c tapers hurt the elbows.  I just love the way the modus feel.
Yup modus are IMO the best mix of smooth, yet not whippy feel out there. PX LZ is too soft but is the next cloest in terms of feel.

Hopefully loft changes works because I hate changing shaft profiles in any club other than maybe my L wedge since I don't take too many full swings.
WITB
D - LTD Pro HZRDUS Yellow 65X (testing Kiyoshi White 65X & Purple 65X)
3w - LTD Kai'li 70X (testing ProForce V2 75X)
3h - 818H2 ProForce V2 85X
Irons - Miura CB/MB Combo Modus 120X
GW - (Testing SM7 & Glide 2.0)
SW - MD4 54/12W S200 (testing Glide 2.0 54/14WS)
LW - Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS AWT Wedge
P - TP Black Copper Juno
Ball - TBD
Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

22

#23 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 746

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

View PostCwebb, on 11 October 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Profile for PX 5.0: 218, 268, 322, 420, 579, 954

Modus 120 'X'..... 215, 252, 303, 373, 495, 963

This is pretty interesting and matches my experience. I can hit a PX 6.0 ó that is what I was fitted into ó and yet if I hit a PX 5.0, I donít notice any loss of performance except it feels a lot better. So many people say PX feels boardy, but what gets missed is they are really stable shafts and can handle a hitterís swing really well. When you drop down by a half-flex or a full flex even, it improves how they feel.

I do like the Modus 120, but on that one I hard step a stiff. I may do the same hard step on a PX 5.0 and I bet that build will play well. It is a 115 gram shaft and I think it gives so much better feel if you set it up to play a little softer. The 6.0 delivers strong flight but is not my favorite feel.

The Modus 120 stiff is 114 grams so in the same ballpark as the PX 5.0. I have not experienced too much spin with them. For me a C Taper Lite stiff had more spin.
[size=3]Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches

23

#24 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1816

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

View PostdmeeksDC, on 13 October 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

View PostCwebb, on 11 October 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Profile for PX 5.0: 218, 268, 322, 420, 579, 954

Modus 120 'X'..... 215, 252, 303, 373, 495, 963

This is pretty interesting and matches my experience. I can hit a PX 6.0 — that is what I was fitted into — and yet if I hit a PX 5.0, I don't notice any loss of performance except it feels a lot better. So many people say PX feels boardy, but what gets missed is they are really stable shafts and can handle a hitter's swing really well. When you drop down by a half-flex or a full flex even, it improves how they feel.


Very true.  The PX 5.0 is a very "overlooked" shaft design.  Many got it in their mind that it's some type of "R" flex, which it is not.

Here's the profile of the PX 6.0....227, 276, 338, 434, 595, 984

Edited by Cwebb, 14 October 2018 - 12:12 PM.


24

#25 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Go Bucks!!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 5220

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:50 PM

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

View Postanimalgolfs, on 12 October 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Why not Recoil 125x?

Forgot about those.  Thanks for reminding

If you are truly a high spin player I doubt the 125 Recoil Prototypes willl work.  I played them for 3 months.  I absolutely love the feel and trajectory of them but I spun them far too much. Into a stiff breeze they were worthless to me. Dead ducks falling out of the sky. To be fair, I will say that I did make a giant mistake with them and I softstepped them.  If anything I should have hardstepped them.  Everyone on this forum kept talking about how stiff the F5’s were.  They were wrong.  Everyone experiences stiffness differently, but I didn’t find the F5’s overly stiff at all.  I guess I really could try them again hardstepped. I might do that with a second set of Hogans I’ve got.

I kept them in my wedges because I practice with them the most and I need the shock absorbing properties for my arthritis and joint issues.  I actually have sensicore inserts in them as well.  I just have to be careful not to go full throttle on them on soft greens.  Wedges suck right back off the front of the green and much cursing ensues.

9.5* Cobra LTD,  Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-10 (at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

25

#26 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,634 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 19119

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:20 PM

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 12 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

modus 130x of course


very different shaft..But wont it have to be to get what youre asking for?

Probably.  I mean last time I was fitted it was KBS Tour X, KBS C Taper X and Dynamic Gold X100 Soft stepped.  Tried c tapers and elbows hurt every time.  I have used x100 or s400 hard stepped forever but looking for something different and better feeling due to left thumb, left middle finger, and left wrist injuries.

Mizuno numbers were 7,6,7,7 and 7,6,7,7 on two different days 92 mph with 6 iron

Iíd at least try the 130.  Itís worth it to buy 1 shaft to build a test iron.  The 130 isnít just a heavier version of the 120. It launches higher flattens and goes.  For me. Itís the straightest iron shaft ever.  And smooth as heck compared to the  px I came from.
Nike Oven TW Vapor Speed  Aldila Synergy proto 70TX
Tm 17 M1 tour 14.5  Graphite Design ADDI 8X
Tm M3 tour 19 Fuji Pro white 95X
Titleist 681 Proto 3-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Raw 54 60 Modus 130S
Camerom 009 1.5 GSS

26

#27 alcap26

alcap26

    Major Winner

  • Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
  • Joined: 04/19/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:01 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 15 October 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Postalcap26, on 12 October 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 12 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

modus 130x of course


very different shaft..But wont it have to be to get what youre asking for?

Probably.  I mean last time I was fitted it was KBS Tour X, KBS C Taper X and Dynamic Gold X100 Soft stepped.  Tried c tapers and elbows hurt every time.  I have used x100 or s400 hard stepped forever but looking for something different and better feeling due to left thumb, left middle finger, and left wrist injuries.

Mizuno numbers were 7,6,7,7 and 7,6,7,7 on two different days 92 mph with 6 iron

I’d at least try the 130.  It’s worth it to buy 1 shaft to build a test iron.  The 130 isn’t just a heavier version of the 120. It launches higher flattens and goes.  For me. It’s the straightest iron shaft ever.  And smooth as heck compared to the  px I came from.

Will do.  I plan on testing a couple of shafts.  Thanks

27

#28 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

    Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Joined: 07/26/2009
  • Location:Maine
GolfWRX Likes : 10337

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

Keep the shafts. Fold the loft down a little.
Mizuno ST-180 10.5/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 60s
Mizuno JPX 900 15/Fujikura Speeder 661s
Mizuno Mp-54 3-Pw/Dynamic Gold s300
Mizuno T7 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s300
Scotty Cameron Futura X7
Srixon Z-Star

WITB

28



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors