Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

New TP5 and TP5X


422 replies to this topic

#241 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:23 PM

View Postgolfnhack, on 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

Can’t tell if you’re serious

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.


As mentioned. One wedge shot.

Guy no way. Nah uh. I call bulls***. You must've put that thing on the ground and tried stabbing at it with your divot tool and then grazed it with a gun shot just to the side. I joke, I joke.

Very interesting results. Let's see how it fairs with a regular TP5.

What a time to be alive

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#242 Krt22

Krt22

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
  • Joined: 07/05/2013
  • Location:East Bay
GolfWRX Likes : 3225

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

View Postgolfnhack, on 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

Can’t tell if you’re serious

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.


As mentioned. One wedge shot.

I do the exact same thing with the current gen ball. One cripsy wedge or one nipped bunker shot and its toast

2

#243 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

Very interesting. Wonder what Taylormades response will be to this.
What a time to be alive

3

#244 deep18

deep18

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8767
  • Joined: 12/15/2005
  • Location:United States
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

View Postgolfnhack, on 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

Cant tell if youre serious

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.


As mentioned. One wedge shot.

So unless Im mistaken you posted a pic of a scuffed up 2017/18 TP5X. The new ones side stamp is different....

4985C5C7-CE67-4802-A293-30B40BB3D1AF.png

4

#245 rkelso184

rkelso184

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513948
  • Joined: 10/08/2018
  • Location:Armidale
  • Handicap:22
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 16 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

View Postgolfnhack, on 16 January 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 15 January 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

View Postgolfnhack, on 15 January 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

Having had a chance to play both TP5X's now, I will be sticking with the prior generation. The new one scuffs sooooooo easily. One wedge shot with sharp grooves, and it is toast. I love the older gen one. Cheaper and MUCH more durable.

Can’t tell if you’re serious

No. I am not kidding. Will take a pic tomorrow (if I can remember) of my new TP5x after my first wedge shot. Oh and BTW, my Vokeys are 5 months only and the grooves are definitely NOT sharp anymore.

No no all good brother. I'm interested to see your findings. I've seen protos IP in San Diego and can't say I've seen the same but, I'd like to see your results.


As mentioned. One wedge shot.

thats a 2018 model not 19? Also might be pic but it looks like there is a chunky mark on the underside also

Driver - TS3 Tenesi White 60S
5W - TS2 Evenflow T1100 65X
7W - TS2 Evenflow T1100 65X
1i -  2i Bent Australian TMB +.5"
5 to AW - AP1 S300 +.5" 2* up
54 - SM7 +.5" 2* up
58 - SM7 +.5" 1* up
P - Toulon Indi 34"
Ball - Pro V1
Grips - MCC Plus 4 Blue Standard + 5 Wraps

5

#246 golfnhack

golfnhack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119615
  • Joined: 12/31/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 950

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:19 AM

So a couple of things.

1) This was NOT a skulled shot. It was a pure strike.

2) This was NOT a retail 2018 TP5x

Now.... it MIGHT be a tour issue one. I found 3 of them at a chipping green at a course frequented by tour players.

I have no vested interest in bashing TM or the TP5x. I play the current gen TP5x and it is probably my favorite ball of all time. Before that I stockpiled the Lethal which was my ball of choice before the TP5x.

Here is a pic of the side stamp. Sorry. Was dark when I took it. Hate getting up for golf at 5AM.



IMG_1547723949.324720.jpg

Edited by golfnhack, 17 January 2019 - 06:20 AM.

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

6

#247 GooseHook

GooseHook

    Keep it Fraiche

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114119
  • Joined: 09/01/2010
  • Location:Ball-tee-more
GolfWRX Likes : 4418

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:10 AM

By the end of last season I found myself leaning towards the TP5 and Z-Star versus the X/XV. I think the improvements to the former two in the long game will put them past the latter this year, but only testing will tell.
M4 9.5°, Motore Speeder 757
Mizuno ST-180 17°
F9 Speedback 19°
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil  110

Srixon Z785, DG
Mizuno S18 50.07, 54.08 & 58.08


EVNROLL ER3
Z-Star/XV/TP5
Lead Tape

WITB

7

#248 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 2361

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:43 AM

View PostStanks, on 16 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Very interesting. Wonder what Taylormades response will be to this.

Likely nothing. I highly doubt this will bring the release to a screeching halt.
PING G400 Max 10°
PING G400 16.5°
PING G400 hybrid 19°
PING i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway XHP 5-AW
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns 9306
Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow

8

#249 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostKonklifer, on 17 January 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 16 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Very interesting. Wonder what Taylormades response will be to this.

Likely nothing. I highly doubt this will bring the release to a screeching halt.

Thank you sergeant serious. Thats obvious. But, they do owe answers.

Now OP admitted to finding them and not buying them so a full refund wont come from this. But, when people start putting their money down and coming up with the same results and TM starts getting call after call, Id expect something from them. Extremely unlikely.
What a time to be alive

9

#250 Natural1

Natural1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105489
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:43 AM

View Postgolfnhack, on 17 January 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

So a couple of things.

1) This was NOT a skulled shot. It was a pure strike.

2) This was NOT a retail 2018 TP5x

Now.... it MIGHT be a tour issue one. I found 3 of them at a chipping green at a course frequented by tour players.

I have no vested interest in bashing TM or the TP5x. I play the current gen TP5x and it is probably my favorite ball of all time. Before that I stockpiled the Lethal which was my ball of choice before the TP5x.

Here is a pic of the side stamp. Sorry. Was dark when I took it. Hate getting up for golf at 5AM.



Attachment IMG_1547723949.324720.jpg

According to info earlier in this thread, that's a tour issue 2018 ball (with filled in black arrows). The 2019 has the outlined arrows (not filled in) on the side marker.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#251 sevenfourate

sevenfourate

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7732
  • Joined: 11/12/2005
  • Location:ENGLAND.
  • Handicap:ped
  • Ebay ID:sevenfourate
GolfWRX Likes : 865

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

So although interesting - the scuff resistance seen above is nothing to do with the 2019 retail version.

Which if you look / read / believe post no 151 right here on this thread (First post on page 6) should be hugely improved and is an area given great attention by TM.


Can't dampen my hopes and spirits. Still hugely excited to try for myself..........
Regards - 'Shuv'

TITLEIST 905-R 9.5 degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
BRIDGESTONE J33R(15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17 + 20)  - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5-PW) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY MD-3 Black (52+58) - DG PRO S300
ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 7 Putter - 343g/34.75"
TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf-ball - 2019 Version

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/

11

#252 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,528 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 2361

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostStanks, on 17 January 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

View PostKonklifer, on 17 January 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

View PostStanks, on 16 January 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Very interesting. Wonder what Taylormades response will be to this.

Likely nothing. I highly doubt this will bring the release to a screeching halt.

Thank you sergeant serious. That's obvious. But, they do owe answers.

Now OP admitted to finding them and not buying them so a full refund won't come from this. But, when people start putting their money down and coming up with the same results and TM starts getting call after call, I'd expect something from them. Extremely unlikely.

As has already been stated, the OP did not have a 2019 ball.
PING G400 Max 10°
PING G400 16.5°
PING G400 hybrid 19°
PING i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway XHP 5-AW
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns 9306
Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow

12

#253 Ripper859

Ripper859

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 520630
  • Joined: 01/17/2019
  • Location:Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:Incstorm
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

With the compression increase for 2019 version Im looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

13

#254 Morry

Morry

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440172
  • Joined: 09/11/2016
  • Handicap:8.0
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

View PostRipper859, on 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I'm looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.
I am thinking the same thing
Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 / TPT 17 MKP
Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX-4 50, 56, RTX-3 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works
Callaway CS-X

14

#255 sevenfourate

sevenfourate

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7732
  • Joined: 11/12/2005
  • Location:ENGLAND.
  • Handicap:ped
  • Ebay ID:sevenfourate
GolfWRX Likes : 865

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

View PostRipper859, on 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

Exactly this for me too; from when the new specs were announced.....

Regards - 'Shuv'

TITLEIST 905-R 9.5 degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
BRIDGESTONE J33R(15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17 + 20)  - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5-PW) - Project X - 6.5
CALLAWAY MD-3 Black (52+58) - DG PRO S300
ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 7 Putter - 343g/34.75"
TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf-ball - 2019 Version

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/

15

#256 GC70

GC70

    What's Next?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62144
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
  • Location:State of Hockey
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2994

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:48 AM

View Postsevenfourate, on 18 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostRipper859, on 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

Exactly this for me too; from when the new specs were announced.....

Yes indeed, if the claims are true that the TP5 will be very close in distance with the X.
Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

16

#257 elwhippy

elwhippy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3536
  • Joined: 07/28/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 1306

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

Since when has one version supposed to be longer than the other?

17

#258 mn44

mn44

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436858
  • Joined: 08/16/2016
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

That is not the 2019 ball, nor is it even a tour release. You can order the 2017/2018 version with those alignment lines directly from TM.
Callaway Epic 8*, GD AD TP 7x
TM M2 15*, Diamana Kai'Li 80x
Titleist T-MB 2 iron, PX LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP5 3-PW, PX LZ 6.5
Vokey SM6 50, 55, 60
Scotty Newport Fastback

18

#259 IHFN

IHFN

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12257
  • Joined: 02/19/2006
  • Location:Huntsville, Al
GolfWRX Likes : 528

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:42 PM

View Postelwhippy, on 18 January 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Since when has one version supposed to be longer than the other?

The X was longer in the previous version because it spun less and lauched higher.  With irons it was about 5 yards difference.
Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S

19

#260 jwb10

jwb10

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21682
  • Joined: 11/12/2006
  • Location:Mars
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 288

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

View Postgolfnhack, on 17 January 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

So a couple of things.

1) This was NOT a skulled shot. It was a pure strike.

2) This was NOT a retail 2018 TP5x

Now.... it MIGHT be a tour issue one. I found 3 of them at a chipping green at a course frequented by tour players.

I have no vested interest in bashing TM or the TP5x. I play the current gen TP5x and it is probably my favorite ball of all time. Before that I stockpiled the Lethal which was my ball of choice before the TP5x.

Here is a pic of the side stamp. Sorry. Was dark when I took it. Hate getting up for golf at 5AM.



Attachment IMG_1547723949.324720.jpg


Then you have illegal,grooves,dude ! :stop: :cheesy:

Edited by jwb10, 20 January 2019 - 10:21 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#261 GC70

GC70

    What's Next?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62144
  • Joined: 08/02/2008
  • Location:State of Hockey
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2994

Posted 20 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostIHFN, on 19 January 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

View Postelwhippy, on 18 January 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Since when has one version supposed to be longer than the other?

The X was longer in the previous version because it spun less and lauched higher.  With irons it was about 5 yards difference.

IMG_1547990643.536310.jpg
Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

21

#262 Simp

Simp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8393
  • Joined: 12/04/2005
  • Location:Trophy Club, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 224

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

Guys, if you think TM gives a chit about us commoners scuffing balls then you're crazy. They cater to tour players so they'll play with and win with their ball. Not a bunch of double digit handicaps that really have no business playing this ball to start with.
WITB
G400 LST 10
VSteel 13
Adams Idea Pro 20
Adams Idea Pro 23
Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
TaylorMade Spider Mini

22

#263 scott_Donald

scott_Donald

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104074
  • Joined: 02/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostSimp, on 20 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Guys, if you think TM gives a chit about us commoners scuffing balls then you're crazy. They cater to tour players so they'll play with and win with their ball. Not a bunch of double digit handicaps that really have no business playing this ball to start with.

you do realise the company has to earn money from sales in order to pay for the pros to use their equipment.............

one scuff on one ball means nothing, it happens to every make of premiere ball.

TP5X has me interested again, might use this as my Texas ball since its not really that windy there and keep the Pro V for home, plus they seem to be cheaper.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X


Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9  C taper X


Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400


Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217


23

#264 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

View Postscott_Donald, on 20 January 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

View PostSimp, on 20 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Guys, if you think TM gives a chit about us commoners scuffing balls then you're crazy. They cater to tour players so they'll play with and win with their ball. Not a bunch of double digit handicaps that really have no business playing this ball to start with.

you do realise the company has to earn money from sales in order to pay for the pros to use their equipment.............

one scuff on one ball means nothing, it happens to every make of premiere ball.

TP5X has me interested again, might use this as my Texas ball since its not really that windy there and keep the Pro V for home, plus they seem to be cheaper.

YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.
What a time to be alive

24

#265 scott_Donald

scott_Donald

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104074
  • Joined: 02/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:07 PM

View PostStanks, on 20 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:


YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.

Scotland, the TP5 X launches far too high for me here.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X


Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9  C taper X


Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400


Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217


25

#266 Stanks

Stanks

    Real Straight Shooter with Upper Management written all over him

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 469442
  • Joined: 05/29/2017
  • Location:Torrey Pines - The Grill
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:27 PM

View Postscott_Donald, on 20 January 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 20 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.

Scotland, the TP5 X launches far too high for me here.

Oh wow. That does make a lot of sense! I heard Scotland is a beautiful time.

Good segue here, Rickie Fowler puts the X in the bag and is on the team.
What a time to be alive

26

#267 scott_Donald

scott_Donald

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104074
  • Joined: 02/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 470

Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PostStanks, on 21 January 2019 - 12:27 PM, said:

View Postscott_Donald, on 20 January 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

View PostStanks, on 20 January 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

YOu use different balls in different states? Guy, when's the competition? I wanna make sure I'm not playing against you.

Scotland, the TP5 X launches far too high for me here.

Oh wow. That does make a lot of sense! I heard Scotland is a beautiful time.

Good segue here, Rickie Fowler puts the X in the bag and is on the team.

I am lucky to play a good links course here, when its not windy its a shock. In Texas most of the year so going to give the new TP5X a go.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 14* Speeder TS 8.2X


Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9  C taper X


Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X

Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400


Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217


27

#268 jbole267

jbole267

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458172
  • Joined: 03/10/2017
  • Location:Calgary
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Rickie leaving Titleist after years....must be something good with them.

Here comes his major finally.
Driver: No Idea
Srixon Z745 - Project X 6.5
Taylormade P790 2 UDI - Ctaper 130X
Titleist Vokey Sm7 50°
Titleist Vokey Sm7 54°
Titleist Vokey Sm7 58°
Putter: ?
Taylormade Staff Pro Bag
Taylormade TP5X

28

#269 Hat Trick

Hat Trick

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216173
  • Joined: 12/15/2012
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

View Postsevenfourate, on 18 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostRipper859, on 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

Exactly this for me too; from when the new specs were announced.....
What are the new compressions on the 2019 TP5 and TP5X?

29

#270 dosman

dosman

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 504168
  • Joined: 06/09/2018
  • Location:Yakima, WA
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostHat Trick, on 21 January 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

View Postsevenfourate, on 18 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

View PostRipper859, on 17 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

With the compression increase for 2019 version I’m looking at switching to the TP5 from the TP5X.

Exactly this for me too; from when the new specs were announced.....
What are the new compressions on the 2019 TP5 and TP5X?

2017 – TP5 83, TP5x 90
http://www.golfalot....eview-3707.aspx

2019 – TP5 85, TP5x 97
https://www.golf.com...p5x-golf-balls/

Edited by dosman, 21 January 2019 - 08:29 PM.

TM Burner SF 2.0 – 9.5, 10.5, 15, 16.5, 18, 21 (all stock Ozik 4.8 stiff)
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour – 3-PW (stock S300 AMT)
Mizuno T7 – 50-7, 54-8, 56-14, 58-8, 60-6
putter – Spalding Elite IV
ball – Pro V1
favorite course: Indian Canyon, Spokane
yes, way over the limit

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    BHGolf, LazyLightning22

GolfWRX Sponsors