Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

Are you kidding me!! How come few instructors talk about this!!!!

250 replies to this topic

#211 Krt22

Krt22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261822
GolfWRX Likes : 2859

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

View PostGolfTurkey, on 11 October 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

I just can't imagine what sort of unfortunate circumstances would lead someone to derive pleasure from trolling a golf instruction forum.

Golf is a life long sickness that impacts everyone differently, some suffer very odd side-effects

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#212 games

games

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
GolfWRX Likes : 713

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:58 AM

View Postebrasmus21, on 11 October 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

View Postbuckeyefl, on 11 October 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

View Postwmblake2000, on 11 October 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostKrt22, on 11 October 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

and block list updated!

Some people have a religious fanaticism about what works for them. Like those people who go door-to-door trying to help others see the light.

This definitely applies.

Users have been dropping like flies in this sub.  The RBMI guy, wildcat and, do I have this right, now Swingman?

Funny how they all have variants on the same thing:  "If one person improves as a result of my twisted, bizarre, IPA-fueled thoughts on the swing, it will be worth it..."
They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

#213 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 335269
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2211

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

So I worked with this a 3rd time and it was one of the best range sessions in a long time. Good strikes had lots of pop and poorer were better misses so on both counts good stuff.I've been obsessed with rhythm and transition moves and this got me off that cul de sac. Things are starting to take when wedges and Driver pokes do as they should with same approach.

A bit OT, but Phil M. quipped that to play golf you have to be really really smart or really dumb. That in-between, being too smart by a half is dangerous. I tend to agree but it is but better to walk in the woods then stay in the desert forever and this forum in general has done a lot for me to compile a framework and map to be a lot better at this game. Best golf I ever played, was dumb as a rock about what I was doing right or wrong but I would rather suffer cruel times than walk around blissfully ignorant with a low ceiling potential over my head forever. So I'm thankful for this particular aspect of WRX.

#214 Krt22

Krt22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

https://www.instagra...g_web_copy_link

#215 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 3192

Posted 12 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

View PostNard_S, on 12 October 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

So I worked with this a 3rd time and it was one of the best range sessions in a long time. Good strikes had lots of pop and poorer were better misses so on both counts good stuff.I've been obsessed with rhythm and transition moves and this got me off that cul de sac. Things are starting to take when wedges and Driver pokes do as they should with same approach.

A bit OT, but Phil M. quipped that to play golf you have to be really really smart or really dumb. That in-between, being too smart by a half is dangerous. I tend to agree but it is but better to walk in the woods then stay in the desert forever and this forum in general has done a lot for me to compile a framework and map to be a lot better at this game. Best golf I ever played, was dumb as a rock about what I was doing right or wrong but I would rather suffer cruel times than walk around blissfully ignorant with a low ceiling potential over my head forever. So I'm thankful for this particular aspect of WRX.

The one thing that a good teacher does is diagnose core issues so your effort has a sensible direction. I totally agree with the value of what we learn here - but I think it really helps to get some emphasis on what’s most important to work on. At least I know I’m awful at self l-diagnosis, although as my grasp of the core things I believe in get more solid, it helps me make sense of the input better. I think!

Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
TM P790 4-AW
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

If you see any more new irons before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me

#216 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 12 October 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

View PostNard_S, on 12 October 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

The one thing that a good teacher does is diagnose core issues so your effort has a sensible direction. I totally agree with the value of what we learn here - but I think it really helps to get some emphasis on what’s most important to work on. At least I know I’m awful at self l-diagnosis, although as my grasp of the core things I believe in get more solid, it helps me make sense of the input better. I think!

Yeah, agree. I purposely avoided teaching pro for the reason I want to now a lot more (about my faults and what's desirable) before he sends me off. I'm now at that point when one would tell me something and I can buy in & get the background reason for it. Next money I'm spending with this game is lessons, be it remote video or a well respected local pro, which I know of only one.

#217 me05501

me05501

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 499624
  • Ebay ID:mike_in_chattanooga
GolfWRX Likes : 331

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

I hit a small bucket of 8 irons yesterday trying to feel Monteís ďzipper awayĒ drill. Itís an interesting feel and one that I obviously havenít been getting in my swing up til now, which likely means I need the drill  

Doing full practice swings with the zipper away drill, it feels like Iím creating a lot of new space for the club to pass ďunderĒ me on a strong inside-to-square path. Does not feel like OTT at all.

I hit the first 15 balls off the toe. I was on a crowded range and was trying not to sh@nk one into the guy beside me. But the toe balls were still flying high and drawing. Hmm. I finally got closer to the ball. Out of the next fifteen shots I caught a couple completely flush. Oh! Hey there! Smoked them. Nice high tight draw down the target line, 10% farther than usual

I got cocky and hit a few balls each with a 4 utility and three wood. Those were disastrous. Too soon.

Liking this drill.

#218 me05501

me05501

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

I went out for a very casual nine holes with my nine-year old son yesterday. I had nothing to lose, so I tried to implement the zipper away drill feel on every swing.

This is obviously something I've been needing, because it obviously works right away. I hit some really nice shots that felt effortless. In fact, the slower I felt like I was swinging, the better I hit the ball. As a lifelong OTT swing with the arms player, a lower-body powered swing feels effortless to me because I'm just letting my arms happen.

I hit some balls that started and stayed out to the right, so I'm not quite getting the face closed, but the contact and flight are good so I'm hoping that's as simple as implementing the "motorcycle" move. My pro already had me working on that one anyway.

#219 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
GolfWRX Likes : 861

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:56 AM

View Postme05501, on 15 October 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

I went out for a very casual nine holes with my nine-year old son yesterday. I had nothing to lose, so I tried to implement the zipper away drill feel on every swing.

This is obviously something I've been needing, because it obviously works right away. I hit some really nice shots that felt effortless. In fact, the slower I felt like I was swinging, the better I hit the ball. As a lifelong OTT swing with the arms player, a lower-body powered swing feels effortless to me because I'm just letting my arms happen.

I hit some balls that started and stayed out to the right, so I'm not quite getting the face closed, but the contact and flight are good so I'm hoping that's as simple as implementing the "motorcycle" move. My pro already had me working on that one anyway.

View Postme05501, on 13 October 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

I hit a small bucket of 8 irons yesterday trying to feel Monte's "zipper away" drill. It's an interesting feel and one that I obviously haven't been getting in my swing up til now, which likely means I need the drill  

Doing full practice swings with the zipper away drill, it feels like I'm creating a lot of new space for the club to pass "under" me on a strong inside-to-square path. Does not feel like OTT at all.

I hit the first 15 balls off the toe. I was on a crowded range and was trying not to sh@nk one into the guy beside me. But the toe balls were still flying high and drawing. Hmm. I finally got closer to the ball. Out of the next fifteen shots I caught a couple completely flush. Oh! Hey there! Smoked them. Nice high tight draw down the target line, 10% farther than usual

I got cocky and hit a few balls each with a 4 utility and three wood. Those were disastrous. Too soon.

Liking this drill.

You aren't going to feel over the top with a zipper away drill, it is a good fix for over the top issue. You are keeping your body closed longer to swing from the inside, this is a common fix. Leff shoulder down is a bit of a different dynamic than zipper away drill

#220 me05501

me05501

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostRedjeep83, on 15 October 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

View Postme05501, on 15 October 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

View Postme05501, on 13 October 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

I hit a small bucket of 8 irons yesterday trying to feel Monte's "zipper away" drill. It's an interesting feel and one that I obviously haven't been getting in my swing up til now, which likely means I need the drill  

Doing full practice swings with the zipper away drill, it feels like I'm creating a lot of new space for the club to pass "under" me on a strong inside-to-square path. Does not feel like OTT at all.

Liking this drill.

You aren't going to feel over the top with a zipper away drill, it is a good fix for over the top issue. You are keeping your body closed longer to swing from the inside, this is a common fix. Leff shoulder down is a bit of a different dynamic than zipper away drill

Got it. I only connected the two after reading through this thread. IIRC Monte recommended the zipper away drill several pages back as a way of feeling (proving?) that the left shoulder definitely separates from the chin and is moving down initially. I may be confusing something from the other thread that is linked on page 2 of this thread.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#221 Go_Time

Go_Time

_

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108988
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 712

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

Still having trouble coming OTT or across it a bit when working on this, some pulls, pull draws, and pull slice/fades. Anyone working through similar?

Edited by Go_Time, 19 October 2018 - 06:51 PM.

#222 Lefthook

Lefthook

Golf nerd

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101445
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 450

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:37 AM

It could be a mental flaw that leads to a mechanical flaw. A steering impulse.

Have you tried to delay the release until, like never? To keep the clubhead as wide open and as far behind the hands for as long as possible, and turn recklessly through the ball (and not caring if the ball started towards the right field and turned right)?

#223 games

games

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
GolfWRX Likes : 713

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

View PostLefthook, on 20 October 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

It could be a mental flaw that leads to a mechanical flaw. A steering impulse.

Have you tried to delay the release until, like never? To keep the clubhead as wide open and as far behind the hands for as long as possible, and turn recklessly through the ball (and not caring if the ball started towards the right field and turned right)?

AKA the "no release" release.
They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

#224 mocokid

mocokid

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128438
GolfWRX Likes : 700

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

strange, the back toward the target emphasis reminds me a bit of the Malaska move, just less of the tumble down with the hands.  The MM worked for me for a while this summer, but got the sh@nks, now I think the left shoulder was coming up at the wrong time.

I like the Steve Johnston utube video, he simplifies it I think, will try.

Edited by mocokid, 23 October 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#225 jbw749

jbw749

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142633
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 568

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

You guys are trying to get your left shoulder further from your right shoulder at full speed with a golf ball in front of you expecting to hit it with good results?

I dont care if it works for you, it wont for long. This is why no one is good at golf.
Full speed major internal body positioning changes are just not going to hold up long. How would you ever get the sequencing down? You'll always be searching.

#226 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 7450

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:36 AM

View Postjbw749, on 24 October 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

You guys are trying to get your left shoulder further from your right shoulder at full speed with a golf ball in front of you expecting to hit it with good results?

I dont care if it works for you, it wont for long. This is why no one is good at golf.
Full speed major internal body positioning changes are just not going to hold up long. How would you ever get the sequencing down? You'll always be searching.

Left shoulder isnít getting further from right.  Itís moving down forward and around.  Itís very athletic and natural once learned.  I can point you to literally a ton of guys who have not only improved but have had sustained improvement including those making millions of dollars.  

Should probably stop making absolute statements and not tell other people what will and wonít work for them.  How do you think anyone gets better and has improved their mechanics?  

You donít go from
Posted Image

To

Posted Image

Without massively changing ďbody positionsĒ

#227 Nard_S

Nard_S

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

This really about restoring a natural movement to the swing. I'm finding that it is nothing more than an external rotation of lead shoulder done at the right time to the right degree and in junction with other body parts. It gets easy to knot up motions when seeking good striking, so restoring what should be instinctual is sometimes necessary.

#228 marcwhu

marcwhu

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408954
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 24 October 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

Left shoulder isnít getting further from right.  Itís moving down forward and around.  Itís very athletic and natural once learned.  I can point you to literally a ton of guys who have not only improved but have had sustained improvement including those making millions of dollars.  

Should probably stop making absolute statements and not tell other people what will and wonít work for them.  How do you think anyone gets better and has improved their mechanics?  

You donít go from
Posted Image

To

Posted Image

This is one of the crazy coolest things I've ever seen. Can't believe that's the same dude, I've seen Julian hit it in person and he is sooooo pure now. Great work Dan🏆

#229 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4367

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:47 PM

Wait. That's the SAME guy????
PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)

#230 Krt22

Krt22

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

It's crazy how little hip turn he used to have

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#231 jut111

jut111

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205837
GolfWRX Likes : 1019

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

View PostObee, on 25 October 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Dan has a crazier one on his instagram. I thought he was kidding until I looked closer.

#232 aliikane

aliikane

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113801
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

I think a lot of instructors teaching the modern golf swing talk about it. However, it is generally referred to as staying in the shot rather than coming out of the shot or  maintaining spine angle. Old school golf swings would have that reverse C look to it which isn't as efficient.

#233 Obee

Obee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72306
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 4367

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

View Postjut111, on 25 October 2018 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostObee, on 25 October 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Dan has a crazier one on his instagram. I thought he was kidding until I looked closer.

Dan, that is some CRAZY good tutelage right there. :-)
PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)

#234 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 3192

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Dan, how long did that take?  Dude in before pics doesn't look like he shaves yet, in after looks like he has a deep beard (and is stronger).  

I think a frame of reference (and this guy is young, will adapt quicker, all things being equal) about how long this kind of change takes might help others set  expectations.
Ping GMax 400 10.5
Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
Royal Collection 3, 4 h
Royal Collection 5-W
RomaRo Pro 3-W
TM P790 4-AW
Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
Cameron Futura 5W

If you see any more new irons before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me

#235 Dave D

Dave D

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126808
  • Handicap:0.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1471

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:34 AM

From memory I think Dan mentioned Julian swung like that and played D1 college golf, he's now 27 so that's what 6 years since end of college?

Of course hopefully Dan will chime in with the exact details and I'm probably totally wrong :D

Edited by Dave D, 26 October 2018 - 03:35 AM.

Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
3 Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL 17* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
2 iron: Taylormade P790 UDI w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g

4-9 Irons: Under construction
Wedges: Mizuno T7 46*, 50*, 54* & 60* - DG wedge flex
Putter: Custom Raybon Squareback 34" w/ Superstroke Mid Slim 2.0
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

Posted Image
Posted Image

#236 glk

glk

send it in jerome

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 336135
GolfWRX Likes : 4570

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostDave D, on 26 October 2018 - 03:34 AM, said:

From memory I think Dan mentioned Julian swung like that and played D1 college golf, he's now 27 so that's what 6 years since end of college?

Of course hopefully Dan will chime in with the exact details and I'm probably totally wrong :D
end of year 2015 he was ranked 1711, 2016 1137, 2017 63, currently 69.   So probably 2-3 years.

Dan posted this in June and said it's been 1.5 years.    https://www.instagra...-by=dancarraher

Edited by glk, 26 October 2018 - 06:51 AM.

#237 NoFancyUsername.

NoFancyUsername.

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 457988
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:32 AM

View PostSwisstrader98, on 07 October 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Wow, just wow!

Only on WRX would people over engineer what is quite possibly the easiest and one of the most powerful moves in golf...right shoulder down, not around!

Try doing it the WRONG way first. On your forward swing, turn your right shoulder around your spine. Don't over think it, don't over do it, just turn your shoulder. Simple. Simple, but not what we want.

Now the RIGHT way. Start your forward swing but instead of turning your right shoulder, fire that right shoulder DOWN, not around. Almost like you're driving the tip of your right shoulder into the ground.

It's truly that easy. No need to even watch YouTube video on it. Lol

Oh dear...No.
Right shoulder down? You've probably just invented the spine crunch.
Think about it. At the top, what is the alignment/tilt of your spine?...
Your right shoulder has to go out.... turns around the spine, keeping all the angles.
Your shoulder down is EE territory.

#238 jbw749

jbw749

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142633
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 568

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

View Postiteachgolf, on 24 October 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

You donít go from
Posted Image

To

Posted Image

Please keep in mind, I'm in this just to stir the pot a bit.
So in the video Shawn says "feel like your left shoulder moves away from your right"
So I'm just going off what he said. You're explaining it differently.
It's misleading to say "literally a ton". First that doesnt make sense at all, but it also implies that more people get it than don't.
My argument is that way more people (the masses) do not get it and will play worse trying to make a major body movement at full speed while expecting a good result.
People watch video go to range and try to do what he said. May work for a week then it's gone.
The AMG videos are all like that. They tell you what tour pros do subconsciously and expect you to replicate it consciously while golfing. For general masses this approach doesn't work it never has it never will. For your stable of "tons" of students it may though, but again small group compared to all golfers.

#239 oikos1

oikos1

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124406
GolfWRX Likes : 983

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:25 AM

jbw749,

When are you going to explain in greater detail how one can go from shooting in the 90's to the 70's just through "meta-awareness".  You were about to in another thread until the clement mafia blew it up.

#240 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,273 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 7450

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:03 AM

View Postwmblake2000, on 26 October 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Dan, how long did that take?  Dude in before pics doesn't look like he shaves yet, in after looks like he has a deep beard (and is stronger).  

I think a frame of reference (and this guy is young, will adapt quicker, all things being equal) about how long this kind of change takes might help others set  expectations.

Before was before we worked together about 6 years ago.   The after is actually about 6 month old or so.  

He was 1142nd in the OWGR when we started working together and got to top 70 in the world in 6 months.  He took a month off to make changes when we first got together.  Finished 2nd in his first event back.  From there had 2 wins, 2 second place finishes and a third.  Iíd say the impact was basically immediate

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors