Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Miura Hayate driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hotdocta

Hotdocta

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 271268
  • Ebay ID:Dkny89
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:31 PM

Anyone hit it?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 FLOGMR

FLOGMR

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131781
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:10 AM

I have had a couple of them.... I worked at Miura so got one before they were originally released to the public. My first one was a high loft model so I hit it a mile in the air without enough distance. I then switch to the lowest loft head we had in stock (9.7 degrees) and put a Tour AD shaft in it....loved it....long, straight and easy to work around. Great drivers.....no hosel adjustments but a couple of moveable weights in the sole of the head gives all the adjustment you will need!

#3 Hotdocta

Hotdocta

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

View PostFLOGMR, on 02 October 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

I have had a couple of them.... I worked at Miura so got one before they were originally released to the public. My first one was a high loft model so I hit it a mile in the air without enough distance. I then switch to the lowest loft head we had in stock (9.7 degrees) and put a Tour AD shaft in it....loved it....long, straight and easy to work around. Great drivers.....no hosel adjustments but a couple of moveable weights in the sole of the head gives all the adjustment you will need!

I did not see your reply.  Are you gaming it still?   Does it compare against any of the major United States oems

#4 FLOGMR

FLOGMR

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131781
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:07 PM

No longer working at Miura (Retired).....but I would say the Hayate would hold it's own against any of the current "Big" name drivers.... a buddy of mine uses one and kills it all day long.
I went to an all Yonex bag just because I have always liked their clubs, but I would recommend anyone who wants a great JDM driver to grab a Miura Hayate if you can get one at a decent price....great club!!

#5 Hotdocta

Hotdocta

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:53 PM

View PostFLOGMR, on 14 October 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

No longer working at Miura (Retired).....but I would say the Hayate would hold it's own against any of the current "Big" name drivers.... a buddy of mine uses one and kills it all day long.
I went to an all Yonex bag just because I have always liked their clubs, but I would recommend anyone who wants a great JDM driver to grab a Miura Hayate if you can get one at a decent price....great club!!

I got one coming.  I am just hoping that 10.5 was the right choice.  Right now I am currently playing and got fit for a rogue sub zero 10.5.  I hear hayate is fairly low spinning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors