Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

D/C/P event ruining golf

64 replies to this topic

#61 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 03 October 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postraynorfan1, on 03 October 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Agree. I see D/C/P as a "top of the funnel" kind of activity to draw in as many kids as possible to become exposed to the game. The more kids who get that exposure, the more will go one to the next level. I also see it as a venue for kids whose parents are not golfers to introduce them to the game in a non-threatening way.

As a competitive event? It's stupid; though I feel like the Masters hook is a good way to draw in "good" golfers that give it some credibility.

This is where we agree.  The longevity and health of the game needs to be driven in another way than 9 shots for most of the kids once a year.  Use the local DCP initiative to funnel the kids into the local organizations that teach them how to DCP.  Let those local organizations help drive and promote the health of the game.  The stats on how many people actually get instruction from a Professional is crazy low.  This could be an introductory to these kids.  Win win for the kids and win win for the PGA Instructors down the road because they get more students.

Jordan Spieth took the initiative at DCP events in North Texas. Not many people know this but anyone who competes in DCP event and not a member of NTPGA junior league his foundation will pay for the first tournament and Yearly membership the first year. North Texas is probably the most active junior area with kids.

I know this because my youngest got this the first time she did DCP. It covered he yearly membership and first tournament fee.  Not sure if others do this but it is a good reason to like Jordan Speith.

Edited by tiger1873, 03 October 2018 - 10:40 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 DavePelz4

DavePelz4

Legend

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,048 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69051
GolfWRX Likes : 24087

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:16 PM

View Posttiger1873, on 03 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Agree. I see D/C/P as a "top of the funnel" kind of activity to draw in as many kids as possible to become exposed to the game. The more kids who get that exposure, the more will go one to the next level. I also see it as a venue for kids whose parents are not golfers to introduce them to the game in a non-threatening way.

As a competitive event? It's stupid; though I feel like the Masters hook is a good way to draw in "good" golfers that give it some credibility.

This is where we agree.  The longevity and health of the game needs to be driven in another way than 9 shots for most of the kids once a year.  Use the local DCP initiative to funnel the kids into the local organizations that teach them how to DCP.  Let those local organizations help drive and promote the health of the game.  The stats on how many people actually get instruction from a Professional is crazy low.  This could be an introductory to these kids.  Win win for the kids and win win for the PGA Instructors down the road because they get more students.

Jordan Spielberg's took the initiative at DCP events in North Texas. Not many people know this but anyone who competes in DCP event and not a member of NTPGA junior league his foundation will pay for the first tournament and Yearly membership the first year. North Texas is probably the most active junior area with kids.

I know this because my youngest got this the first time she did DCP. It covered he yearly membership and first tournament fee.  Not sure if others do this but it a Reason I Really Like Jordan Speith.

Did Jordan Spieth get married to Steven Spielberg?  I'm so out of the loop.

Edited by DavePelz4, 03 October 2018 - 07:35 PM.

#63 tiger1873

tiger1873

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 340777
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:21 PM

Here is the link if anyone is interested

https://www.ntpgajun...Foundation.html

#64 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 366

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

View PostDavePelz4, on 03 October 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

View Posttiger1873, on 03 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Jordan Spielberg's took the initiative at DCP events in North Texas. Not many people know this but anyone who competes in DCP event and not a member of NTPGA junior league his foundation will pay for the first tournament and Yearly membership the first year. North Texas is probably the most active junior area with kids.

I know this because my youngest got this the first time she did DCP. It covered he yearly membership and first tournament fee.  Not sure if others do this but it a Reason I Really Like Jordan Speith.

Did Jordan Spieth get married to Steven Spielberg?  I'm so out of the loop.

Looks like it was Spieth ��, but I thought the same thing

#65 darter79

darter79

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66967
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:35 AM

Dcp is cool and good for one reason. The prize at the end of playing at August. Does it take luck up sure does. We are lucky enough to have locals in subs in our city so as long as the prize is the masters people will go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors