Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

BUSHNELL HYBRID RANGEFINDER - ORIGINAL VS NEWEST VERSION

bushnell rangefinder gps bushnell hybrid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cl3av3r

cl3av3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 513108
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:38 PM

Curious if anyone has upgraded from the original Bushnell Hybrid GPS Rangefinder (from years ago) to the new version that just launched recently. My old one is still working well, but the new one is intriguing.

If you have used both, what are your thoughts on the newest version?

This is the original verrsion I am talking about: (http://www.criticalg...efinder-review/)

This is the new version I am interested in: (https://www.golf.com...angefinder-gps/)

One immediate difference I have notice between the 2 is that on the old version there is only one port to charge both the rangefinder and the gps unit. It looks like on the new version there is a charging port for the GPS unit and a separate CR2 battery for the rangefinder.

Let me know your thoughts on the comparison and if it worth the upgrade.

Edited by cl3av3r, 01 October 2018 - 01:36 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 swgolfer

swgolfer

GoLow2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45136
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

From what I can tell the new one is having trouble with battery drain on the GPS, they have integrated the GPS yardage in to the screen but if you search the threads numerous people have expressed dissatisfaction with the Hybrid and returned it for several reasons.

#3 dxdgenert

dxdgenert

Dirtiest player in the game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28908
  • Handicap:15.3
  • Ebay ID:dxdgenert
GolfWRX Likes : 509

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

I LOVE my original. I get the center, front and back of the green, instantly, without having to shoot the laser. Then, I can take one shot for the flag and be good to go. Way faster than the laser only players, shooting 3 different points.
I agree that my battery has taken a dump, however. My chief concern is that I canít use the laser when the battery is dead or low. The new version seems to have addressed this issue.

Edited by dxdgenert, 14 October 2018 - 07:11 AM.

Cobra KING F7 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 60
Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
SeeMore PTM1 - Bettinardi 2016 BB1F - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 - Kirk Currie Trinity
MacGregor Bobby Grace M5K - MaxfliTad Moore TM-2 - Zevo Toulon Z Blade 2 - numerous Spalding TP Mills

#4 johntchow

johntchow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 511058
  • Ebay ID:itdude247
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

i just won the hybrid at a tournament raffle last week but had bought the Pro X2 a couple months ago after i lost my original range finder on a course.

debating what to do with the hybrid as i feel the Pro X2 is plenty good enough for me since i also play with the Garmin Approach S60 golf watch that has gps capabilities.

#5 Haloha

Haloha

GOLFFER

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396522
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:05 PM

Until I found the shut off button it seemed like the battery drained fast but other than that it works great!

Bag of tricks
Driver: Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6X
Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 7X
Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
Irons:   Srixon 745 4-P  -2 flat/ +1strong  or  Callaway '18 X-Forged 5-PW DG AMT S400  -2 flat/ +2 strong
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM5-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
Putter: Scotty Cameron Holiday18 or Select M-1
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X

Also tagged with bushnell, rangefinder, gps, bushnell hybrid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors