Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 21 votes

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46


3509 replies to this topic

#3451 Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483394
  • Joined: 10/03/2017
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

View Post9400, on 11 February 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Post3woodvt, on 11 February 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

View PostBigHook25, on 10 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something.  For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like.  Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.
You're not alone lol I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#3452 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 390922
  • Joined: 08/12/2015
  • Location:kingman az
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:tj_cutshaw
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.
LH Taylormade M5 (going in for a shaft fitting soon)
LH Ping G stretch Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
LH Callaway XR 19 deg Project X xstiff (old reliable)
LH Mizuno MP 25 4-pw DG x100
LH 50, vokey sm5 black
LH Haywood Satin 56 (bent to 54)
LH Callaway MD3 58 black
LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 and Bradley Putters custom Luna
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf

Cru desinged custom headcovers

2

#3453 Deuce78

Deuce78

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106563
  • Joined: 04/19/2010
  • Location:3 feet for Eagle
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:59 PM

View Postodshot68, on 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didn’t go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options I’m putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didn’t get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.
Rocket boys  ;)
1549915151273.jpg
TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
WITB Link

3

#3454 Natural1

Natural1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105489
  • Joined: 03/28/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

View PostTre4ISU, on 11 February 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

View Post9400, on 11 February 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Post3woodvt, on 11 February 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

View PostBigHook25, on 10 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something.  For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like.  Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.
You're not alone lol I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me

Edited by Natural1, 11 February 2019 - 03:09 PM.


4

#3455 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,706 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 4617

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostDeuce78, on 11 February 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

View Postodshot68, on 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didn’t go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options I’m putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didn’t get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.
Rocket boys  ;)
1549915151273.jpg

Looks great man, do you love it!


5

#3456 Deuce78

Deuce78

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106563
  • Joined: 04/19/2010
  • Location:3 feet for Eagle
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 11 February 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

View PostDeuce78, on 11 February 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

View Postodshot68, on 11 February 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didn’t go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options I’m putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didn’t get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.
Rocket boys  ;)
1549915151273.jpg

Looks great man, do you love it!
I will say I did enjoy hitting it at the range.  I have to like the look.  Looks great.  Sound is fantastic.  And it was pretty dang consistent. It was spinning with the stock stiff, so I just put in the hzrdus black 75 6.5.  Should take care of that.  I do also have a speeder tour spec, and a diamana d+ ltd white 70x to try.  I went with the hzrdus because it was tip heavy and I needed the swingweight to work out with my midsize grip....complications of a club ho!..... I will put it up against my g400 hzrdus yellow 75 6.5 which nothing has beat yet in two years.... the m5 also felt great but did not get the consistency, I think due to the stock shaft in it must be a terrible fit for me.  Maybe a ts3 or pxg in the mix as well.
TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
WITB Link

6

#3457 BigHook25

BigHook25

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
  • Joined: 10/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 599

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostNatural1, on 11 February 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

View PostTre4ISU, on 11 February 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

View Post9400, on 11 February 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

View Post3woodvt, on 11 February 2019 - 05:42 AM, said:

View PostBigHook25, on 10 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something.  For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like.  Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.
You're not alone lol I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me

Well, I also thought the 2017 M1 looked large.  I think its just with the way the crown is.  With just a little white or silver surrounding the carbon, for some reason they just look really big to me.  The other manufacturers drivers don't look as large.

7

#3458 Lemonde

Lemonde

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161181
  • Joined: 02/07/2012
  • Location:Toronto Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

M5 looks small to me.  Particularly against the m1 v2
Driver -    PONDERING TM M5 TOUR
Thriver -  Hireko Thriver Mini 13 GD YS7+ XStiff
Fairway - Ping G400 Tour 80X 15
Hybrid -   TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5 (ON ORDER)
Irons -     Wilson Staff C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
Wedge -  Mizuno S18 56
Wedge -  TM Hi Toe 58
Putter -    Evnroll ER8 Tour Mallet 35”

Backup - Cobra King Ltd Aldila Rogue Black 60 XStiff
Backup - Cleveland Mashie 20.5 C-Kua 83 XStiff

8

#3459 Lemonde

Lemonde

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161181
  • Joined: 02/07/2012
  • Location:Toronto Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

So I had your existing driver  shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again.  I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.
Driver -    PONDERING TM M5 TOUR
Thriver -  Hireko Thriver Mini 13 GD YS7+ XStiff
Fairway - Ping G400 Tour 80X 15
Hybrid -   TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5 (ON ORDER)
Irons -     Wilson Staff C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
Wedge -  Mizuno S18 56
Wedge -  TM Hi Toe 58
Putter -    Evnroll ER8 Tour Mallet 35”

Backup - Cobra King Ltd Aldila Rogue Black 60 XStiff
Backup - Cleveland Mashie 20.5 C-Kua 83 XStiff

9

#3460 SC-TX 88

SC-TX 88

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 258742
  • Joined: 06/25/2013
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:24 PM

Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.

Edited by SC-TX 88, 11 February 2019 - 09:25 PM.

M5 9.0 w/ Tensei White 70X tipped 1”
M2 2017 TI T3 (actual 13.7) w/GD AD TP 8X tipped 0.5”
M2 2016 TI 18 w/ Fujikura 93X Pro Spec tipped 0.5”
Taylormade P790 UDI 2 w/Tensei Pro White 100TX tipped 0.5” (or) UDI 3 w/Fujikura Pro 115 Tour Spec X-Flex
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 4-PW w/ C-Taper 130X
Raw SM6 54.08M, WedgeWorks 60 T Grind (54/60 DGTI S400)
Machine M1A (“Tiger Proto”), TM Spider X, Toulon Atlanta, Ping Vault Anser 2, SeeMore FGP Mallet
Rotate between 2/3 irons depending on course

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#3461 Deuce78

Deuce78

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106563
  • Joined: 04/19/2010
  • Location:3 feet for Eagle
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:27 PM

Hitting the rocket in the net some today....This is what happens when you hit a prov1 ball too many times with the Rocket 3 wood...1549938453667.jpg
TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
WITB Link

11

#3462 Deuce78

Deuce78

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106563
  • Joined: 04/19/2010
  • Location:3 feet for Eagle
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Also, it was the loudest sound ever in the history of hitting golf balls...Haha.
TM M2 TI 7.9*, Tour spec 8.2x/Epic SZ 8.0 (-1), HZRDUS
917f3 15/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
917f2 18/ Diamana Ltd Blue S+ 80TX
MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63
Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD
NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x
Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK
WITB Link

12

#3463 coreyl

coreyl

    Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88286
  • Joined: 07/13/2009
  • Location:Little Rock ' ish
GolfWRX Likes : 460

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

View PostSC-TX 88, on 11 February 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.

My M5 rocket 3 shipped today as well and says Thursday, however FedEx has been around 5 days late with my last few packages. FedEx sucks!

13

#3464 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 603

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

tmag hit the name jackpot with 'rocket' . it sounds so much better than 3+

14

#3465 ry1808

ry1808

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299212
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
  • Location:Winston-Salem, NC (England at heart)
  • Handicap:0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I’ll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it’s going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %’s up!


15

#3466 mBiden2

mBiden2

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 511564
  • Joined: 09/02/2018
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:10.2
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

View Postry1808, on 12 February 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I’ll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it’s going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %’s up!

I thought about doing the same thing. I’ve been stuck on ordering either the rocket 3 or the 15* and cranking it down
WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

16

#3467 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1720

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

That’s the whole point of the white on the head ... the visual was to look larger and more forgiving.  I bag the 440 and it looks about perfect to me.
Taylormade M1 (2017) 440 9.5* tour w/Speeder 757 Evo ii X
Taylormade M1 (2017) 3 wood w/Kuro Kage 70s
Mizuno MP18 mcc 3 flihi
Mizuno MP18 SC 4-pw
Titleist Vokey SM7 50f/56m/60m
Scotty Cameron 5.5m

17

#3468 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1911

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

View Postry1808, on 12 February 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I’ll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it’s going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %’s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? 😂
Cobra LTD Pro -- tbd

TM M2 Tour '17 (15*) -- tbd

TM P790 UDI (2) -- Matrix Black Tie HM4 105X    

TM TP UDI (3 ) | Srixon Z945 (5-P) -- Nippon SPB X

Cobra MB '18 GW @ 50* |  Nike VR Forged 56* |  lob tbd

TM Tour Black Spider

18

#3469 tcutshaw1723

tcutshaw1723

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 390922
  • Joined: 08/12/2015
  • Location:kingman az
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:tj_cutshaw
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

So I had your existing driver  shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again.  I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.
I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is damn good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.
LH Taylormade M5 (going in for a shaft fitting soon)
LH Ping G stretch Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
LH Callaway XR 19 deg Project X xstiff (old reliable)
LH Mizuno MP 25 4-pw DG x100
LH 50, vokey sm5 black
LH Haywood Satin 56 (bent to 54)
LH Callaway MD3 58 black
LH Cushman Custom (handmade) on the bench: Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 and Bradley Putters custom Luna
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf

Cru desinged custom headcovers

19

#3470 Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 483394
  • Joined: 10/03/2017
  • Location:Iowa
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Has anyone compared the 3W and 5W when using adjustment. I only carry one wood and wondering which direction to go. I have an M 3 and 5 right now and I switch them out depending on the course. What I'm wondering is if there is anything surprising when you adjust each to 17 degrees and would I rather have the 3 wood adjusted up or the 5 wood adjusted down if I'm going that direction. Honestly I'm half tempted to keep my current setup the way it is because I have the flexibility but these M5s look so good.

I know I should figure all of this stuff out on my own but I'm 2 hours from anywhere I can do that. It's just as affordable to guess and check sometimes.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#3471 A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424790
  • Joined: 05/11/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Depends if you like an open or closed face. If you adjust the 15* club up to 17* it will close the face a fair amount. Likewise if you adjust a 19* club down to 17* it will open the face up.

I use a 15* adjusted down a bit instead of a 13.5* adjusted up for this specific reason - I like my clubs to sit a bit open.

21

#3472 Lemonde

Lemonde

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161181
  • Joined: 02/07/2012
  • Location:Toronto Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 236

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 12 February 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostLemonde, on 11 February 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

View Posttcutshaw1723, on 11 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

So I had your existing driver  shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again.  I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.
I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is damn good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.
Well I’m a shaft snob too so torn between the pro orange tx and the regular x .   I might go your route as well.   What loft did you go with?
Driver -    PONDERING TM M5 TOUR
Thriver -  Hireko Thriver Mini 13 GD YS7+ XStiff
Fairway - Ping G400 Tour 80X 15
Hybrid -   TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 6.5 (ON ORDER)
Irons -     Wilson Staff C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
Wedge -  Mizuno S18 56
Wedge -  TM Hi Toe 58
Putter -    Evnroll ER8 Tour Mallet 35”

Backup - Cobra King Ltd Aldila Rogue Black 60 XStiff
Backup - Cleveland Mashie 20.5 C-Kua 83 XStiff

22

#3473 ry1808

ry1808

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299212
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
  • Location:Winston-Salem, NC (England at heart)
  • Handicap:0.1
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

View PostBearQ, on 12 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

View Postry1808, on 12 February 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? ��

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.

23

#3474 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1911

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:56 AM

View Postry1808, on 12 February 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 12 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

View Postry1808, on 12 February 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? ��

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.

Damn I hear ya!

Two hip surgeries later, I come into the ball differently each swing lol. Try to save it with matrix levels of hand eye
Cobra LTD Pro -- tbd

TM M2 Tour '17 (15*) -- tbd

TM P790 UDI (2) -- Matrix Black Tie HM4 105X    

TM TP UDI (3 ) | Srixon Z945 (5-P) -- Nippon SPB X

Cobra MB '18 GW @ 50* |  Nike VR Forged 56* |  lob tbd

TM Tour Black Spider

24

#3475 9ccat9

9ccat9

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91757
  • Joined: 08/14/2009
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 201

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

Took the M6D head and a M5 5w to TopGolf last night.  Once I put a tee in the ground at proper height vs the 1/2in tee they provide the Driver was awesome.  Loved the tight ball flight and launch, the sound and feel were great.  Hit the 5w with the Tensei Orange and was super impressed how it felt.  It was set 1 open and was giving me missiles off the back screen, I currently do not have a fairway so his may go right in the bag.  Driver will be in the bag with either the Tour Blue 75x, the new Tour Blue, or an IZ.  Love the Tour Blue, not sure if I should go IZ 6x, 7s, or 7x when I order to try??

Edited by 9ccat9, 13 February 2019 - 12:05 PM.

TM M6D 10.5 Aldila Tour Blue 75X
TM M6D 3W Tensei Orange 70S
TM GAPR Hi 3 Dynamic Gold XP S300
TM 760 4-PW KBS Tour 120S
TM Hi Toe 49 and 54 KBS Tour 120S
TM MG 58 Black SB DG S300
TM Spider Limited Tour Issue 34in
TM Masters Stand Bag
TM TP5 TP5X balls

25

#3476 sbjinx

sbjinx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54679
  • Joined: 04/28/2008
  • Location:Orange County
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 561

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it’s a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.

TM M-2 - Kuro Kage DC
TM M-2 - 15* Diamana D Ltd
Callaway BB Alpha - 20*
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
Vokey SM7 - 52*F / 58*D
Odyssey O works 3T

26

#3477 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5385

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

View Postsbjinx, on 13 February 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.
Exaggerate much?

27

#3478 chris975d

chris975d

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 404098
  • Joined: 11/27/2015
  • Location:Georgia
  • Ebay ID:jscott8307
GolfWRX Likes : 1309

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

View Postwobgon, on 13 February 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

View Postsbjinx, on 13 February 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.
Exaggerate much?

I think that was sarcasm.

28

#3479 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 5385

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

View Postchris975d, on 14 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 13 February 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

View Postsbjinx, on 13 February 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.
Exaggerate much?

I think that was sarcasm.
My apologies.....An extra drink and not enough sleep.

29

#3480 sbjinx

sbjinx

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54679
  • Joined: 04/28/2008
  • Location:Orange County
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 561

Posted 14 February 2019 - 12:34 AM

View Postwobgon, on 14 February 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

View Postchris975d, on 14 February 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 13 February 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

View Postsbjinx, on 13 February 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.
Exaggerate much?

I think that was sarcasm.
My apologies.....An extra drink and not enough sleep.

No apologies. I was bored and was being a smart a**.  

Although I am really curious if anyone else has had issues now that they’ve been out for a week or two.

Edited by sbjinx, 14 February 2019 - 12:35 AM.


TM M-2 - Kuro Kage DC
TM M-2 - 15* Diamana D Ltd
Callaway BB Alpha - 20*
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
Vokey SM7 - 52*F / 58*D
Odyssey O works 3T

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



9 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users


    cferguson5, pearls24, Josh R, hackalot

GolfWRX Sponsors