Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Brooks Koepka Feels Slighted... But he doesn't care... But he'll remember


94 replies to this topic

#31 imakaveli

imakaveli

    Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,825 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131351
  • Joined: 06/22/2011
  • Location:Milano, Italy
  • Handicap:3.8
GolfWRX Likes : 5419

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:19 AM

View Postnew2g0lf, on 20 September 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

Koepka is a great golfer who hasn't figured out the power and importance of marketing himself.  In this "look at me" era of social media, you have to self promote, give the press some meat to run with or else you get ignored.  He wants to define the terms of his relationship with the media, as Tiger did, but he's not Tiger.  DJ isn't all that exciting an interview either but the media will throw in some Paulina questions to make it worth their while.

Maybe he values Majors more than instagram followers.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 WidespreadPanic

WidespreadPanic

    Wizard in the Corner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425856
  • Joined: 05/19/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 2481

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Itís definitely strange they didnít request him in the media tent. However, heís a big dumb meat head that historically doesnít give great interviews. They have gotten better in the past year though, and heís the player of the year, so his POV makes sense.

*I was watching the Ryder Cup at Hazeltine last night, then looked up some videos of him winning at Erin Hills, and itís insane how much bigger heís gotten.
Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
Cobra F7 15.5*
Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
Mizuno MPH5 4i
Mizuno MP33 5-PW
Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
Taylormade TPx

2

#33 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18122

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM

You guys need to read the article. He didnít say he doesnít care. He said ď Iím starting to care less ď.  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesnít ) and doesnít do an interview.
Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

3

#34 tocino

tocino

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
  • Location:Bay Area, California
GolfWRX Likes : 335

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

If he keeps winning, he should probably hire a PR person to help him with his interviews. Even if he says he doesn't care, he's missing out on a lot of endorsement opportunites by being the way he is. I'm not saying he's wrong or anything but every sports figure has a timetable for when he/she has a chance to make money. I'd try to maximize my endorsements as much as possible

4

#35 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Texas Ranger! Pretty cool win I must say...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 24,338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6295

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.
I've got nothing against the guy.  What he achieved was quite the accomplishment.  But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend.  They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story.  But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder.  And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel.  The shelf-life is short in this game.  Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E
Ball: Titelist AVX

5

#36 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18122

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:47 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.
I've got nothing against the guy.  What he achieved was quite the accomplishment.  But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend.  They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story.  But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder.  And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel.  The shelf-life is short in this game.  Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years.  I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow.  All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could.  ( they didnít need any help I know ).  

I detest people like that.  Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. Itís helping make it up as you go.

Edited by bladehunter, 20 September 2018 - 10:49 AM.

Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

6

#37 ShutSteepStuck

ShutSteepStuck

    Grinding like Briny Baird

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182556
  • Joined: 05/23/2012
  • Location:The Valley
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

What a savage:

ďYouíve got guys who will kiss up, and Iím not gonna kiss up,Ē Koepka said. ďI donít need to kiss anyoneís butt. Iím here to play golf. Iím not here to do anything else. A lot of guys are known for the stuff they do off the golf course and who they like to hang around. Itís pretty obvious whoís doing that and who isnít. I donít need to bend over backwards to be friends with anyone [in the media], but certain guys do that because they want their names written. Iíd rather be written about because of my play.

He isnít a sellout and is surprised the lack of Tour PR and the media interest in him...

You gotta sellout to get that kind of love Brooksy. Stay strong
g400max 9*- rogue 125 60tx
g30 14.5* - ping tour 80x
vrPro ltd. 19* - diamana s 83x
4-gw ap1 712 - s300's
mp-t10 56.10 - s300
tvd 60m - ti s400
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

7

#38 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Texas Ranger! Pretty cool win I must say...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 24,338 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 6295

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.
I've got nothing against the guy.  What he achieved was quite the accomplishment.  But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend.  They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story.  But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder.  And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel.  The shelf-life is short in this game.  Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years.  I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow.  All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could.  ( they didn't need any help I know ).  

I detest people like that.  Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It's helping make it up as you go.
I think that would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

Edited by tbowles411, 20 September 2018 - 10:52 AM.

PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E
Ball: Titelist AVX

8

#39 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18122

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.
I've got nothing against the guy.  What he achieved was quite the accomplishment.  But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend.  They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story.  But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder.  And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel.  The shelf-life is short in this game.  Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years.  I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow.  All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could.  ( they didn't need any help I know ).  

I detest people like that.  Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It's helping make it up as you go.
That would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

Bingo!  Thatís the guy.  Heís who I think of when I think media.  No possible way to want to interact with that.
Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

9

#40 Mathwiz

Mathwiz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39114
  • Joined: 09/10/2007
  • Location:West Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:ut-mike
GolfWRX Likes : 332

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

While BK has achieved a lot in winning 3 majors in a short period of time, if he wants the attention he should just continue to win. They will be fawning over him whether he likes it or not. Issue solved.

Ping G400 Max 10.5°
2017 Taylormade M1 3W
Adams a4OS 3 hybrid
Taylormade Speedblades 4 thru SW
Cleveland Smart sole wedge 58°
Odyssey 2 ball center shaft

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18122

Posted 20 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

 Mathwiz, on 20 September 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

While BK has achieved a lot in winning 3 majors in a short period of time, if he wants the attention he should just continue to win. They will be fawning over him whether he likes it or not. Issue solved.

I agree 6-7 majors will bring the cash on autopilot.  And no butt kissing inbetween. Head down and. Go.
Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

11

#42 gunmetal

gunmetal

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6904
  • Joined: 10/18/2005
  • Location:Washington
GolfWRX Likes : 458

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:51 AM

 tocino, on 20 September 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

If he keeps winning, he should probably hire a PR person to help him with his interviews. Even if he says he doesn't care, he's missing out on a lot of endorsement opportunites by being the way he is. I'm not saying he's wrong or anything but every sports figure has a timetable for when he/she has a chance to make money. I'd try to maximize my endorsements as much as possible

Seems like his "I don't care" or "I care less" approach adds to his "I'm a bit of a bad A" mantra so I'm not even sure if he's interested in marketing outside of beer commercials.

12

#43 tgsevers81

tgsevers81

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88404
  • Joined: 07/14/2009
  • Handicap:12.3
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

To cool for school 'eh Brooks?  Except when you raise your hand in class and ask the teacher why he/she never calls on you?  

He cares, just doesn't want anyone to think he does!

13

#44 IVM

IVM

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401922
  • Joined: 11/05/2015
  • Location:Miami Beach
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Of course he cares but his ego will not let him show it . Winning is only half job of being a professional golfer , you have  to be good at marketing yourself as well . Unfortunately Brooks is not smart enough to get it.

Edited by IVM, 20 September 2018 - 12:21 PM.


14

#45 bladehunter

bladehunter

    I have a great profile! Especially from the side !

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 18122

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:16 PM

Lol at all the people saying he isnít smart enough.  Well.  He worked his way to where he is through unusual Chanelís.  And heís a millionaire who plays a ball and stick game for a living.  We all paying to watch him.  And thumb typing about him on our phones.  Hmmm. Whoís the smart one?

Callaway Rogue 9.8 Tour issue Rogue Black 80TX  playing at 43 1/4
17 M1 14.5  Tour issue Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Bridgestone Tour B-XH 18 Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
Vokey Tour issue raw SM6   50 f  54  60 M  Modus 130S
Cameron GSS 1.5 009  Vertical stamp , tungsten sole weights

hows that for brand loyalty??

15

#46 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 655

Posted 20 September 2018 - 01:41 PM

 mosesgolf, on 20 September 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

I wonder who BK took a shot st with the arse kissers. :)
3 majors in 2 years and no respect.  SMH
I hope he keeps jabbing... I like his style.

16

#47 Circaflex

Circaflex

    Well, I gotta go now. Iíve got a lotta bounciní to do!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 360919
  • Joined: 02/03/2015
  • Location:Orange County, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

 mosesgolf, on 20 September 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

I wonder who BK took a shot st with the arse kissers. :)
3 majors in 2 years and no respect.  SMH

 anth, on 20 September 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

BK seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think he's a very watchable talent but he doesn't seem to give much of himself away from the course.  Maybe that's why the media seem less interested in him than they should be?

Which is hilarious because he has said during countless interviews that golf is boring to him, he plays it to pay the bills and wishes he wouldve played baseball instead. I mean, why would the media want to talk with this guy? I am a huge fan of his and think he has a great game, but cmon now this is mostly on his "i dont care" attitude.
I play a mish-mash of brands and am an avid Arccos user.
GHIN: 2719293

17

#48 tiderider

tiderider

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320763
  • Joined: 06/13/2014
  • Location:b'ham
  • Handicap:5ish
GolfWRX Likes : 898

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

as long as someone tells him - when he uses it (he didn't use it in his current quote) - it's "couldn't care less", not "could care less" ...

18

#49 boggyman

boggyman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74821
  • Joined: 02/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 655

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Why do people say heís got a chip on his shoulder? IStanding pretty close to him at St Jude couple years ago in front of clubhouse after his round. He was very gracious to have some pics made with some fans when approached. Heís a modern day Duff, working mans golfer, who just happens to have some accolades to go along with it!!! Just goes about his business and kissing no ^^^.

19

#50 Roadking2003

Roadking2003

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 406342
  • Joined: 12/21/2015
  • Location:Austin
  • Handicap:8.7
GolfWRX Likes : 2164

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

 gunmetal, on 20 September 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

https://www.golfdige...-and-he-noticed

The guy doesn't ever seem interested in doing interviews and the few I've seen aren't all that captivating. I'm sure it's a little frustrating not getting the attention that others are getting given the season he's had, but be a little more interested and engaging maybe.

This statement from him seems like he's having a tough time how to process the whole thing...

"Sometimes it does suck, but I've started to care less. Come Sunday, I won't forget it when everyone wants to talk to me because I just won. I don't forget things."

If he really doesn't care he should keep his mouth shut.  Sounds like sour grapes.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Cwebb

Cwebb

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
  • Joined: 11/04/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1744

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:56 PM

The media wants "drama" and train wrecks.  They don't enjoy those who just go about their business as a professional.  Would be interesting to see everyone's list of those who do "captivating interviews".

We see this in all sports.  Koepka should continue as himself and ignore them, if they don't show interest

Edited by Cwebb, 20 September 2018 - 04:58 PM.


21

#52 NPVWhiz

NPVWhiz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11443
  • Joined: 02/07/2006
  • Location:Southern Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 355

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

 Circaflex, on 20 September 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

 mosesgolf, on 20 September 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

I wonder who BK took a shot st with the arse kissers. :)
3 majors in 2 years and no respect.  SMH

 anth, on 20 September 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

BK seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder.

I think he's a very watchable talent but he doesn't seem to give much of himself away from the course.  Maybe that's why the media seem less interested in him than they should be?

Which is hilarious because he has said during countless interviews that golf is boring to him, he plays it to pay the bills and wishes he wouldve played baseball instead. I mean, why would the media want to talk with this guy? I am a huge fan of his and think he has a great game, but cmon now this is mostly on his "i dont care" attitude.

This. BK and DJ canít cough up a correct answer to a $200 Jeopardy question and if either wonders why the media find them less than palatable, well they should ponder that amongst themselves.  For two minutes.
Taylormade r11s 9 Penley Stealth 70x 44.5" D-3   ------> Taylormade 16 M1 8.5 GD AD TP6x 44.0" D3 PX Hzrdus Black 75 6.0 44.5" D-3
Nickent 3DX Pro 14 MRC Diamana WB 83s                
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 18 Grafalloy CNote ProtoX   
Mizuno MP62 DG x-100 Sensicore D-4 3-pw ---------> Ping i200 DG120 S3 D-3 +1/4" Red 4-U.  
Vokey  SM6 56-14/60-04M DG x-100 Sensicore 1xss D-5 ------------> Vokey SM6 56/10 60/4M DG 120 S300 35" D-5
Scotty Golo

22

#53 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

    The adventure begins!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 15,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 11765

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:37 PM

 MattyO1984, on 20 September 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

Brooks seems to what people to believe that he isn't bothered by the fact that the media don't want to speak to him but, members of his team and now Brooks himself, seem to be making mention of that fact that they don't want to speak him. That they were and now he is making mention of that makes me think that is bothers him more than he is letting on. Don't get me wrong, I find it amazing that there appears to be a lack of interest in speaking to a guy who has won 3 of the last 7 majors but it must bother him if it keeps getting mentioned.

For some reason Ross in Friends repeatedly saying that he is "fine" just came into my head. He kept saying that he was fine with Joey and Rachael, clearly he wasn't and clearly Brooks isn't fine with it either.

Rachael was fine when she crushed that milk carton, too!

23

#54 SwooshLT

SwooshLT

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1320

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

 bladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Lol at all the people saying he isnít smart enough.  Well.  He worked his way to where he is through unusual Chanelís.  And heís a millionaire who plays a ball and stick game for a living.  We all paying to watch him.  And thumb typing about him on our phones.  Hmmm. Whoís the smart one?

I give you the Post of the Year!

24

#55 Steele47

Steele47

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248371
  • Joined: 05/01/2013
  • Location:Idaho
GolfWRX Likes : 439

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:33 PM

Ya get what ya give.  That pic of him in the article kills me.


25

#56 Golfer4Life

Golfer4Life

    Player of the Year

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41635
  • Joined: 11/01/2007
  • Location:Lake Placid, N.Y. Whiteface G.C.
  • Ebay ID:hrfdez1966
GolfWRX Likes : 610

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:43 PM

At least they are using his whole singing sentence in the beer commercial, lol.....
PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......

Equipment:

A bag full of PXGís
SC 009

ďCheck your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct TeesĒ

26

#57 deadsolid...shank

deadsolid...shank

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99408
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 7871

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

 bladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

 tbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

 bladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

 tbowles411, on 20 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

 bladehunter, on 20 September 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

You guys need to read the article. He didn't say he doesn't care. He said " I'm starting to care less ".  

I hope he wins ( if tiger doesn't ) and doesn't do an interview.
I've got nothing against the guy.  What he achieved was quite the accomplishment.  But he's learning that the press is not necessarily your friend.  They'll stab in the neck faster than anyone if they smell blood in the water for a story.  But he does have an obvious chip on his shoulder.  And I'm fine with that for him to use as fuel.  The shelf-life is short in this game.  Success, as we all know, is not guaranteed.

Oh I agree. Just watch the interviews with that twit who stalked tiger and earl for years.  I forget his name. But the one who acted as if tiger needed him somehow.  All the while he literally made his living trying to stir the pot and paint earl and tiger in the worse light he could.  ( they didn't need any help I know ).  

I detest people like that.  Digging to find personal dirt and heresay aboot personal interactions to report on isnt reporting the news. It's helping make it up as you go.
That would be the "legendary" John Feinstein.

Bingo!  That’s the guy.  He’s who I think of when I think media.  No possible way to want to interact with that.

Yeah,  he didn’t make a living stalking  Tiger though. Like him or not, he’s had a pretty successful career. He just felt snubbed by Tiger and seemed to let that drive him.
Titleist 910 8.5
Titleist 910 15*
Titleist 910H 17*
2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
SC GoLo
Vokey SM5 52,58,62

27

#58 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 3,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 2733

Posted 21 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

I like Brooks and his game. Hes a great story on his path to the PGA tour as well. However pretty dry and seems guarded and uncomfortable with the media for the most part. He does, at this point, seem to lack charisma and charm that makes for a great interview. Hopefully he will grow into the role a bit as years go on.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

28

#59 Jordan Speeth

Jordan Speeth

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 401370
  • Joined: 10/31/2015
  • Location:599 Skyline Blvd
GolfWRX Likes : 910

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

<<<Yeah,  he didn’t make a living stalking  Tiger though. Like him or not, he’s had a pretty successful career. He just felt snubbed by Tiger and seemed to let that drive him.>>>


Is that you John?
Taylormade '16 M2 Driver 9.5*- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
Ping G 22* Hybrid- Altus S
Ping i500 5-UW Power Spec- DG 105 S300
Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*-10 -KBS Tour Custom S
Cleveland RTX4 58*(bent to 57*) Lo Bounce- 5*- DG Tour Issue Onyx S400
Odyssey Versa #7 White Hot 38"- Super Stroke Odyssey 2.0 Mid-Slim Tank 13.75"- Counterbalanced
Golf Pride MCC Grips (+1 wrap)
Bridgestone Tour B330
MG Elite Glove
'18 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag

29

#60 cinnepa

cinnepa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14696
  • Joined: 05/11/2006
  • Location:clarks green, pennsylvania
  • Ebay ID:cinnepa
GolfWRX Likes : 467

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

 TollBros, on 21 September 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I like Brooks and his game. Hes a great story on his path to the PGA tour as well. However pretty dry and seems guarded and uncomfortable with the media for the most part. He does, at this point, seem to lack charisma and charm that makes for a great interview. Hopefully he will grow into the role a bit as years go on.

yes, but i think that's ok....the modern day davis love??   not everyone has to be lee trevino, and thank goodness for that.

Titleist 910 D3 9.5*, TM SLDR 10.5*
TM SLDR 3HL
Ping I3+ Blades 5-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- 3 & 4 hybrid
TM Spider Tour DJ

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors