Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone else sticking with their 917/15/any previous Titleist model of the TS2/3?


51 replies to this topic

#31 Gem

Gem

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19868
  • Joined: 09/25/2006
  • Location:Scotland.
GolfWRX Likes : 324

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

I bought a TS3 last Friday and whilst it is nice I probably prefer my M4.
Both 8.5 degrees and tried the same shafts although I bought it with the Evenflow White.

I'll give it a couple of rounds but good chance I will stay with the M4.

I've not gamed a Titleist driver since the 983E and K heads but this does seem much better and with low spin.

Edited by Gem, 03 October 2018 - 10:22 AM.

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 2 58 KBS 610 S+

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 lefty74pgh

lefty74pgh

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16553
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
  • Ebay ID:lefty74pgh
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

I currently have a 917 D3 and 915 F 16.5. I’m going to a Titleist Thursday event tomorrow to hit the TS2/3 and fairways. I’ll report back here after my fitting.

2

#33 tocino

tocino

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150197
  • Joined: 12/06/2011
  • Location:Bay Area, California
GolfWRX Likes : 334

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:52 AM

I'm going to stick with my 915D2 and 915F. It usually takes me a while to swap out the top end of my bag once I find stuff that works for me

3

#34 lefty74pgh

lefty74pgh

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16553
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
  • Ebay ID:lefty74pgh
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph
Launch- 12.5*
Spin- 2,300 rpms
BS- 159 mph
Carry- 265 yds
Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5
TS 13.5 Smoke 70
TS 16.5 Smoke 70



4

#35 Jeri6gt

Jeri6gt

    Friday Hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 375075
  • Joined: 05/08/2015
  • Handicap:Yes
  • Ebay ID:jeri6gt
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:18 PM

I have a 915D2 9.5 and just bought a 10.5 to try out...
Itís too costly to ďtinkerĒ with newer gear

All Titleist All the time

5

#36 skeets1987

skeets1987

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48314
  • Joined: 02/07/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:11 PM

I have hit multiple models and shaft combinations and I just can't seem to find anything that's been as reliable and consistent as my 917D3/F3. I'm sure I will keep tinkering but averaging 10-12 fairways around at around 285-300 consistently doesn't have me in a huge rush to change. And I seem to be more comfortable with the 440cc head. Just me though.

6

#37 skeets1987

skeets1987

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48314
  • Joined: 02/07/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 October 2018 - 11:13 PM

View PostHat Trick, on 24 September 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

913D3... I hit it straight and about 230 carry with a 97-99 mph SS. Maybe I could gain a few more yards with something new, but I'd rather save $500 right now and keep playing to my 4 hcp.  Because when it is all said and done it really is about lowering our scores right?

Once I quit worrying about the latest and greatest equipment and trusted what I already had in my bag I started playing a lot better! Even picked up my first amateur tournament victory back in August!!

7

#38 roxald

roxald

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3215
  • Joined: 07/21/2005
  • Location:Alberta, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

View Postlefty74pgh, on 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph
Launch- 12.5*
Spin- 2,300 rpms
BS- 159 mph
Carry- 265 yds
Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5
TS 13.5 Smoke 70
TS 16.5 Smoke 70

Any chance you hit your 917 with the Smoke shaft?
Rox
Ping G400 Max 9į with Project X T1100 6.5
F7 Blue/HAZRDUS Red 6.5
Nike Flex 3H/Diamana Stiff
Cobra F7 4 Hybrid/Stiff Fujikura
Cobra Forged Tec Black 5-AW $-Taper 125ís
Callaway Forged Black 54į and 58į PM Grind/ Nippon 115X Wedge
Bettinardi Stock 8
TP5

8

#39 lefty74pgh

lefty74pgh

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16553
  • Joined: 07/18/2006
  • Ebay ID:lefty74pgh
GolfWRX Likes : 103

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

View Postroxald, on 07 October 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View Postlefty74pgh, on 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. I’ll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if they’re ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. I’ve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because I’m getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I don’t have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. I’m going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45” combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said “I’ve never seen this before”. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph
Launch- 12.5*
Spin- 2,300 rpms
BS- 159 mph
Carry- 265 yds
Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and I’ve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, I’m ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5
TS 13.5 Smoke 70
TS 16.5 Smoke 70

Any chance you hit your 917 with the Smoke shaft?
Rox

I didn’t hit the Smoke with the 917.

9

#40 ChrisGio315

ChrisGio315

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 195398
  • Joined: 07/30/2012
  • Location:Revere, MA
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Daysgobye
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

I will be sticking with my 917D2 for now but I did love the feel when I hit the TS2 in Golf Galaxy.... Loving the 917D2 w/Whiteboard combo. It just goes straight and I don't want to mess with that as my game is trending in the right direction.

Titleist 917D2 (9.5*)
Titleist 917F2 (15*, 18*, 21*)
Titleist 716 AP1 (4 - W2)
Custom Newport Select 2.5
Titleist AVX

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 bogeypro

bogeypro

    The Original Bogeypro

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:AL
  • Handicap:+2
GolfWRX Likes : 1519

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:40 AM

View Postlefty74pgh, on 04 October 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

I went to a Titleist Thursday event today and my results were really good. Iíll start by saying I'm not properly fit for my current setups, but I put a Motore TS 7.2 in my 917 D3 S driver and the same shaft in my 915 F 16.5 but in Xstiff. Not sure if theyíre ideal, but the performance on the course has been good. Iíve recently noticed that the weight and flex has been a little to much for me because Iím getting older and only get to play once a month.

This was only a 45 minute fitting, so I donít have all the numbers. We were on a range with Trackman and ProV1X balls. Iím going off of memory and what the fitter was telling me after each hit.

We started with my 917 D3 Motore 7.2 TS and hit about 5 balls. Averaged around 145 mph BS and carry around 245 yds. I noticed that I have been losing disctance over the years and I use to be around 162 BS back in 2011/2012.

I tried the drivers a few times in the store and preferred the HZRDUS Smoke, so we only went with that shaft. The fitter put together the TS2 9.5 Smoke 60 45Ē combo and I hit a few. After a couple swings, he said ďIíve never seen this beforeĒ. My ball speed went up to 159 mph. We tried a few different settings and even the TS3. He even put together a TS2 8.5 and I got good numbers, but I really had to work at it. The TS2 9.5 Smoke was just easy to hit and consistent. From what I can remember the number averages were.

SS- 109 mph
Launch- 12.5*
Spin- 2,300 rpms
BS- 159 mph
Carry- 265 yds
Distance 275/280 yds.

I had couple that went 290 yds, but those were either ripped or low spin runners.

Next we went to fairway woods and Iíve played 16.5/17 degree fairway woods because I have a steep angle of attack and always had trouble elevating from the turf. We started with my 915 F Motore TS 7.2 XS. I was around 225 carry, but it was high launch.

We started with the TS3 15* Smoke 70 S and it was good, but he wanted to try the TS2 13.5 Smoke 70 S. This it where it got interesting, because I was hitting this off the tee at 245 yds carry and 260 total yds. I told him I would use it primarily as a tee club, but I hit some off the deck and it was easy to elevate and I was getting similar numbers as off the tee. Final number averages were 245 carry and 260 yds total.

Next we went to the TS 2 16.5 and 18 fairways. The T2 16.5* Smoke 70 S was around 235 carry and the 18* was around 215 carry, so we decided on the following. Moving the 16.5* to 17* to fills the gaps.

Needless to say, Iím ordering the following:

TS 2 9.5 Smoke 60 44.5
TS 13.5 Smoke 70
TS 16.5 Smoke 70

You went from a 74 gram shaft to a 60 gram shaft. Itís no surprise you hit farther.  Also going from xs in fairway to stiff was the right move with your swing speed.

Edited by bogeypro, 11 October 2018 - 08:44 AM.

Titleist TS3 driver
Titleist TS2 3 wood
Titleist 818 H2 3 hybrid
Titleist 718 TMB 4-pw
Titleist Vokey 50f/56m/60m
Scotty Newport 33" with 10 gram weights

11

#42 andfri

andfri

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204727
  • Joined: 09/26/2012
  • Location:Germany
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

After one driving range session:

TS3 driver seems to very good.

TS3 fairway was not so impressive, will likely stick with my 917F2.

Edited by andfri, 11 October 2018 - 12:23 PM.


12

#43 tobiasjd

tobiasjd

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311799
  • Joined: 04/28/2014
  • Location:Houston, TX
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:47 PM

I might pick up a 917 3/5w.  In my opinion,  all fairways out there perform.  But Titleist has the best look/feel/sound.
Cobra King LTD Black
Titleist 910FD 15° 3w
Callaway Apex 3-4 hybrid
PING i200 5
PING iBlade 6 - PW
PING Glide 50° SS
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth  56°, 60° SS
Bettinardi BB1

13

#44 ATAlxndr

ATAlxndr

    RHL

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 272681
  • Joined: 08/24/2013
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 303

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

Still playing 913F. I don’t mind the TS Series fairways, but I hated the 915/917 fairways.
Ping G400 10.5* - Speeder VC 6.2 TS X
Titleist 913F 18.25* - Proforce V2 75X
Ping Rapture DI 18* - Proforce V2 95X
Ping i210 4-P - DG TI AMT S400
Ping Glide Forged 50/54/58 - DG TI S400
Ping Redwood Anser

14

#45 DixieD

DixieD

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 491596
  • Joined: 01/22/2018
  • Location:UK
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:34 AM

View PostChrisGio315, on 11 October 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

I will be sticking with my 917D2 for now but I did love the feel when I hit the TS2 in Golf Galaxy.... Loving the 917D2 w/Whiteboard combo. It just goes straight and I don't want to mess with that as my game is trending in the right direction.
I'm playing the same combo, 8.5 head, and have never had more confidence with the big stick, I know I have hit other drivers 5-10 yards further but my FIR have been phenomenal for me, gone from 30% to now 50%+. Don't dare try the new ones out.


15

#46 aquapig

aquapig

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 344409
  • Joined: 10/13/2014
  • Location:florida
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:27 AM

Another swing and miss for me.

Iíve had the 910 D2 in my bag since it came out and every year I try the new Titlest drivers.

I will say that the TS2 with the Smoke shaft did pit up some good numbers, but nothing close to 500 dollars worth.

My 910, when ripped, goes just as far. The difference is that slight miss hits with the TS2 seemed to stay online better and not lose as much distance.

To be fair, I only hit it indoors and for me my swing when starting at a fairway with a lake on one side and OB on the other just isnít the same.

I would need to take it out in a real golf environment to really tell how it performs vs the 910.

16

#47 craz-e

craz-e

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39596
  • Joined: 09/19/2007
  • Location:Cairns QLD, Australia
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 724

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:02 PM

TS3 on its way after testing this morning, letís see if the better launch conditions translate to the course.
Driver = Titleist TS3, Even Flow White 6.0 (44.5")
5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
Ball = Titleist AVX

17

#48 Mudguard

Mudguard

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114531
  • Joined: 09/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 330

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:18 AM

I have a 917 D3 in 8.5, I hit nearly 60 balls in the fitting for the TS2. Started with my driver (which is 44.5") and hit it well, then the TS2 head on my shaft, then into various options. I was fit for TS2 in 8.5 with the Hazardous Smoke in S.
Ball speed, club speed and carry were all up substantially, however I suspect it's almost entirely due to the longer shaft. I've used the new driver once and hit it sideways so I parked it for one round, then put the 917 shaft into the TS2 and have hit that well, but I'm certain it goes no further.
The problem with my golf is there is only one hole I hit driver on! So it's impossible to gauge. We've had our club champs on which play off longer tees so I was able to hit it more often (6 holes!)

18

#49 SBH9458

SBH9458

    Go Army! Beat Navy!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 337505
  • Joined: 09/01/2014
  • Location:WV
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:39 AM

I’m coming back to Titleist with the TS3. The 917 did not work for me and I really wanted it to....but it didn’t. The TS3 was great in fitting, and mine will be here this week.

19

#50 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Lake Elsinore Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 770

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:38 AM

curious to hear more input, ive read all the reviews , threads and youtube videos. Ive messed around with the new TS drivers and could not see much difference indoors.

From videos Ive seen they launch higher and spin lower.     So if you can launch a 915 or 917 with low spin then it probably isn't worth the upgrade.

Is 500$ worth 5-10 yards?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 bullsfan

bullsfan

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 347511
  • Joined: 11/06/2014
  • Location:Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

I saw this thread before this last weekend and didn't think much of it, but I had a chance to play both the TS2 & 3 yesterday and here are my thoughts.

I have a new 915 D3 and FD 3 wood that I recently sourced and just started using them in my rotation, I have a couple of standby drivers that I'll switch to on occasion. Both 915's have a higher hit sound than my previous 913's and 910's but the flight is better on the 915's. When I hit the TS3 is sounded the same as my 915, high pitch ting at impact, ball flight the same (915 Aldila Rogue 70s vs TS3 Hazrdus 6.0 65g Stiff on both) and distance pretty much the same, I mean one of my shoes difference, I wear a size 12. Same spot in the fairway.

I then hit the TS2 (Even Flow Project x 6.0 70g Stiff) and to me there was a telling difference. Much more muted sound, I said it felt like a forged blade on solid impact, smooch feeling if you know what I mean. Ball flew off the face and trajectory was not too much difference than the others, mine and the TS3, but the sound was better. Distance about 3 yards further on average, I'm using Pro V1's and all brand new balls from the packaging.

The look of the club was a little different, I guess Titleist has done away with the two different head sizes, my pro told me that both heads are the same volume but weighted different, I'm more inclined to play the 440cc sized head. The TS2 had a very unusual crown, it was more rounded going down to the face, than the TS3 and its back was more sloped? Not sure if that means anything to anyone. Between the two I much prefer the TS2, The sound and feel were better for me.

Now, would I go out and trade what I have to source these new drivers, probably not. Other than the sound, which I liked on the TS2, again, more muted, I didn't see enough advantage over what I currently have to justify the cost, even with trades. But I think Titleist has a winner on its hands and I know a couple of friends of mine have them on order. I think it will be a hot seller.  

Thanks
WITB

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 10.5* w/Aldila Rogue 70 Stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 915 Fd 15* w/Diamana White Board 70 Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19* w/Diamana White Board 70 Stiff
Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW w/TTDG AMT S300
Wedge: Cleveland Classics 588 53* & 60* wDG s300
Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Del Mar 3

21

#52 leejohnkieh

leejohnkieh

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432770
  • Joined: 07/15/2016
  • Location:Tacoma, WA
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:jlee7120
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:07 AM

I think the TS line was really a way for the people who went away from Titleist to come back rather than upgrade their old Titleist gear.

I'm in that boat.  Used a 910 for about 5 years, then shuffled through 3 drivers in 2 years cuz I didn't like any of them (M2, M3, Epic).
Team NIKE
Titleist TS3 8.5 - Atmos Black Tour Spec 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - DG TI AMT X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
My WITB

22



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors