Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Help me understand why kids walk off putts

92 replies to this topic

#91 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2098

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:05 PM

View Postdpb5031, on 21 September 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 21 September 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postkekoa, on 20 September 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

View PostBertGA, on 20 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

View Postheavy_hitter, on 20 September 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

The tour pros don't have the line on the ball for alignment.  They may use it for that, but not why they have it.  They have the line on the ball to make sure it doesn't wobble.  The ball not being struck properly can cause pace problems.  A wobbling ball can take 6"-10" off of pace.

https://youtu.be/t7RrP1DtM3o

By the time the ball wobbles, it's too late to do anything about it. Not sure how that is helping them, other than to know to correct it on the next putt.

At their level, I would have to think they know how well they hit it based on contact. But maybe I'm wrong.

C'mon HH.  There is no way in hell tour pro's have the line on the ball to check the wobble factor.  Ok, maybe Bryson Dechambeau does, but he's a nutcase.

I could just see a pro being pissed that he made a putt but the line was wobbling.  :stop:

Haney was also talking about this on his radio show the other day.  Said the same exact thing.  I will adjust my original statement because I am sure many do use as an alignment aid as well.  It is going to depend if you are a line putter or a spot putter.  Still, many will glance to see if they putt a good stroke on the ball which the line helps in determining.

I like the line.  Once you're over the ball you can just visualizes a T-Square strike.  It helps you to build a consistent stance around the correct target line, and can also help to keep your eyes nice and quiet by giving you something specific to focus on.

Did you watch the video link?  I though it was very interesting that he said everyone should line up differently according to how their subconscious evaluated the putt.  Most teachers teach eyes above the ball, but that doesn't work for everyone.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 kekoa

kekoa

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,861 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1798

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:14 PM

What bugs me more is that you would believe anything Haney would say.   :taunt:

#93 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 2098

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

View Postkekoa, on 21 September 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

What bugs me more is that you would believe anything Haney would say.   :taunt:

Haney is awesome.  Has a lot of insight.  He has a good show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors